+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent please, International students pregnant issue

markun

Jan 7, 2014
we are both international students(student visa) My girl friend got pregnant. But, we actually have broken up recently and never get married or any kind of common relation in law. However, she may still want to keep the baby. And I think the insurance that school bought could cover the costs of baby born.

So, I have three questions. 1. if the baby is born in Canada, can the baby get the permanent resident card immediately after the baby is born?
2. should I pay for the baby's living costs after he or she is born in Canada? and what criteria?
3. and if the mother want to born baby in US, will it the same as Canada, get green card?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
markun said:
1. if the baby is born in Canada, can the baby get the permanent resident card immediately after the baby is born?
2. should I pay for the baby's living costs after he or she is born in Canada? and what criteria?
3. and if the mother want to born baby in US, will it the same as Canada, get green card?
1. If born in Canada, the child would be a Canadian citizen. This does not in any way affect the immigration status of yourself or the mother.

2. As the father, you are legally obligated to provide for your child. If you and your ex cannot agree on acceptable terms, then the courts will have to set the terms.

3. If born in the US, the child would be an American citizen.

markun

Jan 7, 2014
Thanks very much. But things go complicated, she doesn't say anything to me. She told me she doesn't love me at all. And we both have to continue our school. Do I have choice to let her abortion, otherwise, we can't love each other. And build the family which will ruin all of us. It hard for me to support baby now. What should I do? So depressed not because of unintended baby but a woman doesn't love you and still want to keep baby. I am mearly mad now.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
markun said:
Thanks very much. But things go complicated, she doesn't say anything to me. She told me she doesn't love me at all. And we both have to continue our school. Do I have choice to let her abortion, otherwise, we can't love each other. And build the family which will ruin all of us. It hard for me to support baby now. What should I do? So depressed not because of unintended baby but a woman doesn't love you and still want to keep baby. I am mearly mad now.
It's her decision whether to keep the baby or not. If she decides to keep it and wants child support, you are legally obligated to pay. She will need to speak to you about support/custody arrangements.

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
markun said:
One word: Condom.

I hope you use one next time.

You are equally responsible in her being pregnant and as it is her choice to keep the baby or not, you have no say in the matter and have to be part of the child's future, no matter what.

orange_girl

Star Member
Jul 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2014
Nomination.....
PER 18-10-2014
Med's Request
12-12-2014
Passport Req..
08-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-01-2015
LANDED..........
27-01-2015
At least one of the parents has to be a permanent resident for a child born in Canada to be considered a Canadian citizen. In your case with both of you on student visas, your child will not get Canadian citizenship upon birth.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
orange_girl said:
At least one of the parents has to be a permanent resident for a child born in Canada to be considered a Canadian citizen. In your case with both of you on student visas, your child will not get Canadian citizenship upon birth.
Wrong. Canada grants birthright citizenship to all children born in the country, with the exception of those born to foreign diplomats.

Jukeblam

Aug 14, 2013
Permit me to ask:

In a similar scenario, would a study permit be easily extended if the woman had to defer second semester due to pregnancy/childbirth?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Jukeblam said:
In a similar scenario, would a study permit be easily extended if the woman had to defer second semester due to pregnancy/childbirth?
I doubt it.

on-hold

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2010
orange_girl said:
In fact, there was one case where a baby was born to non-Canadian parents, on an airplane that took off from London and landed in Boston, when the airplane was over Nova Scotia: the baby was granted Canadian citizenship, in fact the Canadian government made a point of insisting on it. In the New World, one way that countries recognize their sovereignty is by the citizenship grant to newborns.

txboyscout

Jun 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-08-2011
Jukeblam said:
Permit me to ask:

Congratulations! You are going to be a father even if you don't want to and the mother of the child does not love you.

You child will have Canadian citizenship if born in Canada (US Citizenship if born in the US) and also citizenship from whatever county you and the mother are citizens of.

Her Canadian Citizenship DOES NOT grant you or the mother any immigration benefits. Also if the Intl Student Health Insurance does not cover her medical bills, she will be responsbile for them

When you visas/permits expire you will be expected to leave Canada just like everyone else.

Dr.FRM

Jan 10, 2014
i think you can apply for the resident permit while in Canada.. and your child WILL be given a canadian Passport in order to travel. It used to be that the mother automatically got citizenship or even PR but not the case any more and it used to be that if yor a canadiana nd you had a child outside canada the child would still be a candian (father or mother) but now its changed to if the parent was born in canada only and not for parents or parent that naturalized/migrated... the laws changed a lot... but i think talking with an immigration lawyer or somewhere ike icc imigration would hep.. best of luck... oh and if you chose to ask her to not have the baby and she has it she may use that to take all rights away from the child.. child support is determined by your wage or way of living.. if you went to you own country it would be doubtful she can get the support and you also have the right to wave all rights on the child... but she may also want to keep the child because she thinks that child will get her a canadian PR or later the child can always return to canada

Dr.FRM

Jan 10, 2014
To clarify, if a candian born has a child outside of canada (if one of the parents were candian born and the other doesn't even have to be canadian) the child can get his citizenship or passport at any consulate. but if the parents or 1 parent immigrated to canada and became a citizen and wasn't born in canada the child would have to be born in canada to get his citizenship unless registered at the embassy (most canadians are advised to register at there embassy in case of these situation of emergency evacuation) but as far as students and sort... I'm really not sure.. i know an israeli couple came o newfoundland and 3 kids were born there... but the kids were given citizenship and could return to canada or chose to stay but both parents were deported.. it was a very famous case as they hid in the church and ask for immunity and all the towns people really liked them and did everything they could... but the father was arrested and eventually all were deported to israel and jailed (the father was as he skipped his cumpolsary military duty) and the kids were also given an israeli passport as they are jewish... but the children's canadian status was not taken away from them and were considered canadians... i hope this gives you insight but on another note if the mother gets pr or remains in canada you can use that as a reason to get pr saying that it would make it easier to be a part of the childs life and support the child... but honestly i think personally using kids to get pr and do all this nonsense is selfish and sick... but i guess it takes a lot of different people to make this world up and we wouldn't know good if bad didn't exist... Good luck to you and prayers to the child...

markun

Jan 7, 2014
Hello
Thanks for all the people kind fellow who help me. I am clear now about the baby's issue.
However, things go very different now. At the beginning, we guess she may pregnant because her period hadn't come after 6 days. So, I judged she should be pregnant.

However, today that has been 21 days her period hasn't come. That is so weird that she told me the pregnant test didn't show her pregnancy (which I am not really sure cause I didn't see it personally). If that test is true. What may happen to her, not pregnant only because of tired body condition or nervous or any other reasons.

I am scared if there is illness like ectopic pregnancy??? which can not be tested easily. She didn't listen to me that she will never go to hospital to take a examination. I am still very concern about her.

Is there any people know about the situation.

vermanaman

Nov 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You have already got all the advice regarding immigration/citizenship issues.
With regards to your previous post, it is best for you to consult a doctor even a general phsycian would do.
Just to let you know, pregnancy kits available in pharmacies can only give proper result after 2-3 weeks of fertilization.
You can read online for other symptoms too, however, most symptoms show only after 30 days....if you ex does not show any symptoms after 30 days and gives another negative on preg test...She is certainly not pregnant.
Best would be to consult a doc....even you can do it on behalf of her..although the doc would like to check her physically.