+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent!Please help

ReshmiNithin

Mar 13, 2018
My application has exceeded the processing time and my visa expires in 3 days. If I get a refusal after my visa expires, in how many days will I have to leave Canada.
I need suggestions, because I feel like I am in no mans land. Don't know what to do?
(I hold an open work permit which expires on March 31, 2018 and has applied for a visitor status on March 14,2018. The processing time is stated as 4 working days in CIC website)

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

My application has exceeded the processing time and my visa expires in 3 days. If I get a refusal after my visa expires, in how many days will I have to leave Canada.
I need suggestions, because I feel like I am in no mans land. Don't know what to do?
(I hold an open work permit which expires on March 31, 2018 and has applied for a visitor status on March 14,2018. The processing time is stated as 4 working days in CIC website)

1, You are applying for an extension as a visitor, the processing time on line is 45 days,
2 If it is refused, you usually get 30 days to leave.

ReshmiNithin

Mar 13, 2018
HI

1, You are applying for an extension as a visitor, the processing time on line is 45 days,
2 If it is refused, you usually get 30 days to leave.
Thank you for your information. I never knew that one will get 30 days to leave canada if they get a refusal.
But,CIC website says the processing time for online applications for visitor visa made from inside Canada is 4 working days. I currently live in Saskatchewan. That information is making me confused and am feeling the stress, because its already been 7 working days.