Dec 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/08/2013
AOR Received.
12/09/2013
Hi Everyone,
I am new on this thread but not on the forum.
I have just obtained PR status(but yet to receive my PR card), and my dependent son(who I included in my application), was given till October to come to be landed in Canada.
Please quick question for anyone who just got PR and has a dependent that is landed, did the immigration ask you to show proof of funds when you were coming in? Also, how long does it take from the time when your dependent child/children came into Canada(landed) and the time that they are given PR. Or are they given PR as soon as they cross the immigration officer at the airport? In that case, all that's left is for you to register and obtain healthcard and SIN card for them, yes?
Finally, is there a required time that my son must remain in Canada before he can travel outside Canada?

Please I would appreciate any help on this. Thank you!

Julsen

Dec 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/08/2013
AOR Received.
12/09/2013
Help please...anyone?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Julsen said:
Hi Everyone,
I am new on this thread but not on the forum.
I have just obtained PR status(but yet to receive my PR card), and my dependent son(who I included in my application), was given till October to come to be landed in Canada.
Please quick question for anyone who just got PR and has a dependent that is landed, did the immigration ask you to show proof of funds when you were coming in? Also, how long does it take from the time when your dependent child/children came into Canada(landed) and the time that they are given PR. Or are they given PR as soon as they cross the immigration officer at the airport? In that case, all that's left is for you to register and obtain healthcard and SIN card for them, yes?
Finally, is there a required time that my son must remain in Canada before he can travel outside Canada?

Please I would appreciate any help on this. Thank you!
1, Dependents don:t have to show proof of funds.
2. The are a PR when they are "landed" at the Port of Entry
3, Depends on the province, how long the waiting period is for health insurance. 3 months in Ontario
4. SIN card can be obtained at Service Canada with the COPR and passport
5. He can leave the next day, but has to reside in Canada for 2 years in the first 5.

Julsen

Dec 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/08/2013
AOR Received.
12/09/2013
PMM said:
Hi

1, Dependents don:t have to show proof of funds.
2. The are a PR when they are "landed" at the Port of Entry
3, Depends on the province, how long the waiting period is for health insurance. 3 months in Ontario
4. SIN card can be obtained at Service Canada with the COPR and passport
5. He can leave the next day, but has to reside in Canada for 2 years in the first 5.
Thanks for your reply PMM. I really do appreciate your help :)
I meant do I as the sponsor, have to show proof of funds?

GOD bless!