+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent!! Please help! Wrong occupation on my ROE.

LizzyBennet

Star Member
Aug 10, 2020
Hello friends!
I dont know if you remember me from a previous post about me got bullied by my boss. So finally, I decided to quit the job as soon as I got a full 1 year Canadian experience.
I got all of my employment letter, job offer and everything, I believed I was good to leave.
But recently, I was laied off because of covid (other employer). I went to check my ROE to apply for EI on MSCA. My occupation (job title) on the ROE with my old boss was totally wrong. It wasn't the NOC job that we agreed upon before. It's like a C NOC job.
Should I worry about this? It is public out there, cic agent may ask for it as I was no longer with the job. They may see it and raise a question?
I just know for sure he did this on purpose, and I am scare if things go wrong with my application.
He hates me and never talks to me again so I dont think I can ask him to fix it. I have the accountant's contact but she's an outside accountant who only talks to him :(

I appreciate all of the help even little. Thank you

Last edited:
Reactions: Mrunalni

Princess2020

Star Member
Jan 1, 2020
On ROE it will be only job title only I think. But the evidences that u have should prove job description/duties performed. If that’s the case then u should be safe as tilted don’t matter but duties perform do.

Reactions: LizzyBennet

stefi2020

Nov 23, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Aor October 10th 2020
Doc's Request.
Rcmp
AOR Received.
October 10th 2020
Med's Request
November 20th 2020
Hi, I don t think you would need ROE for ircc. As long as your reference letter, job offer, pay slip shows the right noc it should be okay.

What matters is your duties match the noc on your employer letter and as long as it is noc o, A and B.

Let s see experts' reply.

LizzyBennet

Star Member
Aug 10, 2020
On ROE it will be only job title only I think. But the evidences that u have should prove job description/duties performed. If that’s the case then u should be safe as tilted don’t matter but duties perform do.
Oh, Thank you! I feel released. I was worried because it was a totally different job title.

LizzyBennet

Star Member
Aug 10, 2020
Hi, I don t think you would need ROE for ircc. As long as your reference letter, job offer, pay slip shows the right noc it should be okay.

What matters is your duties match the noc on your employer letter and as long as it is noc o, A and B.

Let s see experts' reply.
Thank you for quickly response. Ok, let's see what experts say

LizzyBennet

Star Member
Aug 10, 2020
If mentioned duties were matching the desired NOC then should be ok.
What was the designation confusion anyway?
On all other paper that I uploaded, yes, everything is correct and matching. But this ROE was issued after my leaving, and he did try to do me dirty. I was from NOC A to a random NOC C which is hard to believe a normal accoutant mistake

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
On all other paper that I uploaded, yes, everything is correct and matching. But this ROE was issued after my leaving, and he did try to do me dirty. I was from NOC A to a random NOC C which is hard to believe a normal accoutant mistake
Its hard to be decisive here but your Employment Record is created for different purposes than a reference check for Express entry such as benefits and funds Control. Just be optimistic anyway and good shall come to you.

GL

LizzyBennet

Star Member
Aug 10, 2020
Its hard to be decisive here but your Employment Record is created for different purposes than a reference check for Express entry such as benefits and funds Control. Just be optimistic anyway and good shall come to you.

GL
Thank you. I'll have hope in it

Etzioauditore14

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
As far as I know job title isn't that important. Most important is Job duties, for instance my job title isn't even on the NOC list I applied for but the job duties are the ones that match my letter. I dont know your previous post but have you already gotten your AOR?

LizzyBennet

Star Member
Aug 10, 2020
As far as I know job title isn't that important. Most important is Job duties, for instance my job title isn't even on the NOC list I applied for but the job duties are the ones that match my letter. I dont know your previous post but have you already gotten your AOR?
Thank you for responding! Yes I got mine AOR. And this issue's just a litlle irritated me that there's a piece of incorrect informtion of me public out there. And boss did it on purpose :( Also, no one knows if immigration officer could take this into notice or no

LizzyBennet

Star Member
Aug 10, 2020
I asked some RCIC people. My own RCIC said this ROE has nothing to do with express entry ( I want to trust her but she got really distracted lately, after all of my payment so...) Some said all of my information out there should be corresponding. Other said immigrant officers don't usually check MSCA. So confusing :(

stefi2020

Nov 23, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Aor October 10th 2020
Doc's Request.
Rcmp
AOR Received.
October 10th 2020
Med's Request
November 20th 2020
I guess you better seek advices with an immigration lawyer since this is a forum and some already tried to give you advice.

LizzyBennet

Star Member
Aug 10, 2020
I guess you better seek advices with an immigration lawyer since this is a forum and some already tried to give you advice.
Yes I did ask some of them and they gave different answers. Just hoping for someone who was in the same situation before comes across this thread :(

Last edited: