+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT!!!! PLEASE HELP!!!!!! mistake in Study permit extension form

Aug 11, 2015
Hello Guys!!!

I applied my study permit extension (from secondary school to post secondary school) on June 3rd through MY CIC, but havent get approval.

I made a mistake when fill out IMM5709, under the question "in additional to study permit, do you also want to apply for a work permit?" I chose "YES and OPEN WORK PERMIT."
I dont have a sponsor and are not in master, so I made this wrong!!!!

I am guessing is this problem delay my application :(

What should I do? Please Help me!!! Thank you so Much!

parthgusani

Apr 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
delhi
App. Filed.......
1 june
Med's Request
13 june
Passport Req..
10 july
VISA ISSUED...
approved
Did you get your permit after mistake?

catslovak

May 1, 2020
Hello,

I'm in a similar situation. I'm in a post secondary institute and I need to extend my study permit to finish my program as well as my co-op terms. I DO need to apply for a work permit with my extension (imm5709). I provided all the relevant docs and explicitly indicated this in my letter of explanation. BUT, I forgot to update the same question that @Lulalulalulalula mentioned to say "yes". I left it at "no" by mistake. I am considering submitting a web form to CIC to tell them I made a mistake. My question is when is the most appropriate time to do that? is it better to do it now or closer to the end of the processing time? because it says on the web form instructions that they will not respond unless the relevant application is past it's processing time.

temp11

Feb 18, 2020
Hello,

I'm in a similar situation. I'm in a post secondary institute and I need to extend my study permit to finish my program as well as my co-op terms. I DO need to apply for a work permit with my extension (imm5709). I provided all the relevant docs and explicitly indicated this in my letter of explanation. BUT, I forgot to update the same question that @Lulalulalulalula mentioned to say "yes". I left it at "no" by mistake. I am considering submitting a web form to CIC to tell them I made a mistake. My question is when is the most appropriate time to do that? is it better to do it now or closer to the end of the processing time? because it says on the web form instructions that they will not respond unless the relevant application is past it's processing time.
No, do it now. send a webform asap