+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT! Please help. Any info is appreciated.

erinjanel

Jun 30, 2020
My husband is in Egypt awaiting his PR, and in the meantime submitted a visitor visa application in September. Today he received correspondence in his account stating:

Date : November 25, 2021

Dear Applicant,
This is in response to your request to withdraw your temporary resident visa application.

I hereby confirm that your application has been withdrawn and is now closed. Please disregard any correspondence which has been forwarded by our office before the date of this letter.

If your case was processed by an officer, we will not refund your processing fees. If it was not assessed, you will receive the refund of your processing fees in due course.

Sincerely,
Migration Officer
Immigration Section
Embassy of Canada
Cinnah Caddesi No: 58 06690, Çankaya/Ankara, Turkey Website: www.turkey.gc.ca”

We absolutely did not request this! Can anyone offer any insight? Does this mean we have to apply again from scratch, or can we contact IRCC and get this fixed? Any information is appreciated.

Thanks in advance

PAINKILLER28

Jan 24, 2018
This is regarding his TRV application,correct? That's not unusual when other application is being processed. And I believe his PR application wouldn't take long now.

erinjanel

Jun 30, 2020
Yes for the TRV. Can he not have two applications in at once? I didn’t think they would interfere with each other :(

His PR documents were all fully uploaded end of July, he got invited to the PR portal in early September, he replied back with his information and stated he was outside of Canada currently, but we haven’t heard anything since.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
That's unusual. I was able to get my TRV and PR approvals 4 weeks apart. I hope it's just a clerical error and that they can reopen the TRV application.

erinjanel

Jun 30, 2020
That's unusual. I was able to get my TRV and PR approvals 4 weeks apart. I hope it's just a clerical error and that they can reopen the TRV application.
I hope so too. We’ve already been waiting months for the visitor visa with the slower processing times so it would be very frustrating if they can’t fix it. Glad you were able to have both opened and processing at once! Thanks so much for your response.