+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent!!! Please Advise!! minimum salary for AINP??

namushyuu

Star Member
Nov 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello , I am working in Alberta as an electronic/ electrical technician since July 2014. I am thinking of sending an application for AINP but I am worried about my salary. I get paid $18 per hour with health and dental benefits as well as I have been provided a vehicle too.
My NOC is 2241.
Is my salary per hour is too low???
please reply.

namushyuu

Star Member
Nov 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello is anyone out there who can answer?
will be much appreciated.

liisa227

Star Member
Feb 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2014
Nomination.....
04-02-2014
AOR Received.
27-08-2014
IELTS Request
not required
Med's Request
27-08-2014
Med's Done....
07-10-2014
You need to figure out what the average wage for your occupation is in the area that you will be working, and then make sure that your wage is at least as much as that average. That's how it works with BC PNP - there might be differences between the provinces, but that should give you a general idea. All PNPs basically want to make sure that if you're working in Canada under PNP, you get paid the same amount or more than what a Canadian worker would be getting - that's to ensure that foreigners don't come to the country to work for lower pay and therefore cause Canadians to not be hired because they want to be paid more.

Go to this address http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/LMI_report_area.do?reportOption=wage&PROVINCE_ID=35&GEOAREA_CD=9219&selectLocation=Continue and type in the city you work in. Then search for your NOC code or occupation, and look at the wages that come up - you should make at least as much as the median wage.

I'm not an expert so this is not 100% guaranteed correct information, but this is what I was told by my immigration lawyer when I was applying for BCPNP.

namushyuu

Star Member
Nov 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
liisa227 said:
You need to figure out what the average wage for your occupation is in the area that you will be working, and then make sure that your wage is at least as much as that average. That's how it works with BC PNP - there might be differences between the provinces, but that should give you a general idea. All PNPs basically want to make sure that if you're working in Canada under PNP, you get paid the same amount or more than what a Canadian worker would be getting - that's to ensure that foreigners don't come to the country to work for lower pay and therefore cause Canadians to not be hired because they want to be paid more.

Go to this address http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/LMI_report_area.do?reportOption=wage&PROVINCE_ID=35&GEOAREA_CD=9219&selectLocation=Continue and type in the city you work in. Then search for your NOC code or occupation, and look at the wages that come up - you should make at least as much as the median wage.

I'm not an expert so this is not 100% guaranteed correct information, but this is what I was told by my immigration lawyer when I was applying for BCPNP.

Thank you very much.

namushyuu

Star Member
Nov 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
glmmoula said:
http://occinfo.alis.alberta.ca/occinfopreview/info/browse-wages/wage-profile.html?id=2241

if you are smart enough then find out your answer from this page.
please, don't be over smart. If you want to help, just simply provide it. If not, you are not forced to answer here. don't spit your word.

pr.dream

Mar 21, 2015
Hi Namushyuu, quick question, do you know how fast is AINP process in Alberta? And LMIA approval from the place "ClaresHolm" would be easy or difficult to get from here? Need some insight. Thanks in advance :)

namushyuu

Star Member
Nov 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pr.dream said:
Hi Namushyuu, quick question, do you know how fast is AINP process in Alberta? And LMIA approval from the place "ClaresHolm" would be easy or difficult to get from here? Need some insight. Thanks in advance :)
It depends upon which category you are applying for.
you can check the processing time for different categories here.
http://albertacanada.com/opportunity/immigrating/ainp-processing-times.aspx

As far as I know LIMA takes about 2-3 months in Alberta(no idea about other provinces) as a friend of mine is working for it.
I don't know how difficult it is, but it's definitely not very easy.