Aug 25, 2014
Guys!

Here is my profile:

Citizen: Pakistan
Education: Bachelors ( 4 Years )
Travel History: Yes
Relevant Work Experience: 3 Years
Planning to Apply for Master's Program

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The only glitch i have is that i went abroad (Not Canada), to pursue my masters degree back in 2007 on a student visa but i could not complete it due to various reasons. I managed to do a few short courses on my own and get a job and the same time get a residence visa and stayed in that country for five years and then came back to Pakistan. Now Regarding this i have a few queries:

1- Not completing my masters degree when i was supposed to, would that be a problem in my Study Permit application?
2- What should i write in my SOP? That i dint complete my masters degree? this will definitely raise a few questions!
3- Or should i not mention it at all as i did not complete it? but then there will be a gap, although i was working part time in a retail store during that time, so should i just mention that part time work?

I am very confused! Because if i mention that i could not complete my studies back in 2007 and went for a permanent resident visa , then the canadian immigration officer might be doubtful about what i would do when i come to canada?

Please adivse!

sidhu_anwar

Jun 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, there's almost a guarantee that your PR application and you not completing the degree within the stipulated time, will raise doubts in the officer's mind. You should explain the reasons that led you to this in your SOP. You've to be very careful and if I were you, I'd not leave my career and everything for the Canadian visa as your chances of getting it approved are pretty bleak.

carsale

Aug 25, 2014
I dint get that part when you said

" You would be very careful with your career and life"?

I am not putting everything on stake here ...i just wanna give it a try

Thanks

sidhu_anwar

Jun 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What I simply meant with it was that if you have a decent job, don't resign for your planned Canadian visa. You know like many people do that.

sikanderv

Star Member
Jun 5, 2011
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
Hyderabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2014
IELTS Request
8 overall (R9 L8.5 S7.5 W7)
File Transfer...
25-07-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-06-2014
Passport Req..
With application
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2014
LANDED..........
Yet to decide
1- Not completing my masters degree when i was supposed to, would that be a problem in my Study Permit application?
I don't think so, if you properly explain in the SOP the circumstances that prevented you from completing your studies successfully.

2- What should i write in my SOP? That i dint complete my masters degree? this will definitely raise a few questions!
Questions will remain unanswered if you don't address the issue of your previous study permit for another country. And if you claim you have already completed a Masters abroad, why would you need to go to Canada now?

3- Or should i not mention it at all as i did not complete it? but then there will be a gap, although i was working part time in a retail store during that time, so should i just mention that part time work?
Your passport surely will have a student visa stamp on it, right? How do you intend to erase that??