EE Profile Created - 20-01-2015
Nomination.....
18-12-2015
IELTS Request
Completed. L-9.0 , R-8.5, W-7.0, S-7.0
LANDED..........
Pretty soon
Hi folks,

Do we need to get the PCC from all the cities we have lived in from past 18 years or only the city of our permanent residence?

I lived in Ludhiana Punjab (most of the time)
Hyderabad (4 years)
New Delhi (6 months)

I am planning to get my PCC from Ludhiana..

Jkal

Jul 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
EE
IELTS Request
R9 L8 S7 W6.5
Passport Req..
20-04-2016
sumit.singh.hallan said:
Hi folks,

Do we need to get the PCC from all the cities we have lived in from past 18 years or only the city of our permanent residence?

Hyderabad (4 years)
New Delhi (6 months)

IMHO, PCC is similar to what happens when you go for a passport and must be applied from the city of ur current residence.

sumit.singh.hallan

Jan 2, 2015
Gurgaon, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
18-12-2015
IELTS Request
LANDED..........
Pretty soon
Jkal said:
IMHO, PCC is similar to what happens when you go for a passport and must be applied from the city of ur current residence.
Thanks @JKal verry helpful..

anishsm

Star Member
Dec 18, 2014
Pune, India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2015
Doc's Request.
Waiting....
Nomination.....
Waiting....
AOR Received.
Waiting....
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
Waiting....
Med's Request
Waiting....
Med's Done....
Waiting....
Interview........
Waiting....
Passport Req..
Waiting....
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting....
LANDED..........
Waiting....
sumit.singh.hallan said:
Hi folks,

Hyderabad (4 years)
New Delhi (6 months)

PCC should be from the Regional Passport Office under which your address falls and passport was issued and police verified. That would be easy if you have a PSK nearby. (Passport seva kendra)

For example if your passport has the verified address for PunJab, get it from RPO Punjab, if it is Andhra then that would be the case .

If you go from PCC from police DCP then it should be from the city where you are living.

And if your passport Is not police verified like tatkal, you will have to get it PCCed first from the police station where your passport was issued and then get PCC from PSk for your RPO

Hope you get what I mean

sumit.singh.hallan

Jan 2, 2015
Gurgaon, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
18-12-2015
IELTS Request
LANDED..........
Pretty soon
anishsm said:
PCC should be from the Regional Passport Office under which your address falls and passport was issued and police verified. That would be easy if you have a PSK nearby. (Passport seva kendra)

For example if your passport has the verified address for PunJab, get it from RPO Punjab, if it is Andhra then that would be the case .

If you go from PCC from police DCP then it should be from the city where you are living.

And if your passport Is not police verified like tatkal, you will have to get it PCCed first from the police station where your passport was issued and then get PCC from PSk for your RPO

Hope you get what I mean
@anishsm yup got it buddy. thanks

ajayav

Feb 4, 2013
Hi,

You can take the PCC from the place where you are currently staying. I my case, I took the PCC from Kolkata though my passport was from Hyderabad. My wife took the day before I took it without any trouble (Her passport was from Cochin). When I went, they said that I should get the PCC from Hyderabad. I started an argument and finally spoke to the asst. Passport Officer who said that it could be issued from Kolkata itself. Things went smoothly after that and I got the PCC from Kolkata itself.

It will be a good idea to take the PCC from the place where you stay because is the immigration officials note that you have been staying at a place and your PCC is from another place, it could lead to trouble.

I hope this helps.

squashskills

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
sumit.singh.hallan said:
Hi folks,

Hyderabad (4 years)
New Delhi (6 months)

You can get it from nearest police station where you are currently living OR from passport office 0R from the pasport office which issued passport.
But since you are from Punjab there is a separate requirement of pcc for residents of punjab,check out cic new delhi website for more details on this.

sumit.singh.hallan

Jan 2, 2015
Gurgaon, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
18-12-2015
IELTS Request
LANDED..........
Pretty soon
squashskills said:
You can get it from nearest police station where you are currently living OR from passport office 0R from the pasport office which issued passport.
But since you are from Punjab there is a separate requirement of pcc for residents of punjab,check out cic new delhi website for more details on this.
Thanks squashskills