+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT - PASSPORT STUCK IN VFS CAIRO

nupsy08

Jun 7, 2022
Category........
PNP
Hi everyone, I sent my passport to VFS Cairo for stamping (for context, I am based in Nigeria). This is completed and awaiting pickup. However, DHL claims there have been changes to the customs regulations in Egypt that require the shipper to provide an obligation form for all shipments leaving the country and VFS is yet to comply. As a result DHL says they have suspended pickups from VFS.

I have 2 options:
1. Use a different courier service to pick up the part. Does anyone have any ideas of which to use? Has anyone arranged a pickup in the past week and gotten their passports back?
2. Wait for VFS to comply. Problem is that I don't know how long this will take. the customer care agent said they are waiting for approvals from the Canadian embassy before they can do that.

Is there anyone having the same problem?

D.Applicant

Jul 28, 2020
Hi everyone, I sent my passport to VFS Cairo for stamping (for context, I am based in Nigeria). This is completed and awaiting pickup. However, DHL claims there have been changes to the customs regulations in Egypt that require the shipper to provide an obligation form for all shipments leaving the country and VFS is yet to comply. As a result DHL says they have suspended pickups from VFS.

I have 2 options:
1. Use a different courier service to pick up the part. Does anyone have any ideas of which to use? Has anyone arranged a pickup in the past week and gotten their passports back?
2. Wait for VFS to comply. Problem is that I don't know how long this will take. the customer care agent said they are waiting for approvals from the Canadian embassy before they can do that.

Is there anyone having the same problem?
Hello, I am having the same problem now, can I please ask how you resolved this which courier service did you use and how long did it take?

nupsy08

Jun 7, 2022
Category........
PNP
Hi, yes, I eventually had to use UPS. The service was a lot slower than DHL’s but it got here eventually. I have applied for a refund from DHL but still awaiting payment.

Hello, I am having the same problem now, can I please ask how you resolved this which courier service did you use and how long did it take?

Reactions: D.Applicant

kudda99

Sep 13, 2022
Hi, yes, I eventually had to use UPS. The service was a lot slower than DHL’s but it got here eventually. I have applied for a refund from DHL but still awaiting payment.
Great to hear. A few questions, please...
How long did VFS Egypt take to process your visa?
How did you pay for the transmission fees?

D.Applicant

Jul 28, 2020
Great to hear. A few questions, please...
How long did VFS Egypt take to process your visa?
How did you pay for the transmission fees?
Don’t send your passport to VFS Egypt. Just don’t. Try any other embassy but Egypt is just the worst. After having mine stuck at customs for weeks, I had to make so many calls to FedEx to get it released they eventually knew my name at Egypt customer service lol. Had to fill some forms and practically beg before it was released by customs in Egypt.

My passport eventually came back and my COPR was torn. The customs ripped into my return packet carelessly and tore the COPR in the process. Still trying to figure out what to do about that.

So yea! Not worth it. My take though.

kudda99

Sep 13, 2022
Don’t send your passport to VFS Egypt. Just don’t. Try any other embassy but Egypt is just the worst. After having mine stuck at customs for weeks, I had to make so many calls to FedEx to get it released they eventually knew my name at Egypt customer service lol. Had to fill some forms and practically beg before it was released by customs in Egypt.

My passport eventually came back and my COPR was torn. The customs ripped into my return packet carelessly and tore the COPR in the process. Still trying to figure out what to do about that.

Oh, that really sucks...
What country were you applying from, btw?
And how did you pay their service transmission fees?

kudda99

Sep 13, 2022

Out of curiosity, what forms did you have to fill out?