+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[URGENT] Passport lost by VAC New York while applying for visitor visa

Ijeoma-01

Jan 22, 2019
Just go to the VFS office. in New York. It's worse than a hot mess there so your best shot at receiving your passport is pickup. I bet you it's literally sitting there in the office - especially once your Canada.ca application status on the portal has said approved.

sapnadhar

Jun 20, 2019
Hello

My application number is V321805553. I sent my passport via UPS in April after receiving a letter from Embassy requesting for original passport. The UPS shows delivery, time stamp and received by Evans.
I have been calling( and no one seems to be accountable or responsive ), tried the chat app, although they were responsive and told that I would receive a tracking I'd, I never received one.
I have even been on touch via email, but they kept me on stand by saying there's no information yet and that usually a lot of work load usually results in delay.

Its totally disappointing, as today morning I received a message on Portal saying that I didn't provide them with original passport. Its sad how the whole operations system seems to be a failure and causing inconvenience.

I don't care if I am not getting a visitor Visa, but I would really appreciate my passport to be returned. How is it possible that the passport is delivered and not found at NY VAC. That means there's an operation failure and I request you to do something about it.

Thanks
Sapna

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello

My application number is V321805553. I sent my passport via UPS in April after receiving a letter from Embassy requesting for original passport. The UPS shows delivery, time stamp and received by Evans.
I have been calling( and no one seems to be accountable or responsive ), tried the chat app, although they were responsive and told that I would receive a tracking I'd, I never received one.
I have even been on touch via email, but they kept me on stand by saying there's no information yet and that usually a lot of work load usually results in delay.

Its totally disappointing, as today morning I received a message on Portal saying that I didn't provide them with original passport. Its sad how the whole operations system seems to be a failure and causing inconvenience.

I don't care if I am not getting a visitor Visa, but I would really appreciate my passport to be returned. How is it possible that the passport is delivered and not found at NY VAC. That means there's an operation failure and I request you to do something about it.

Thanks
Sapna
This isn't a government web site - it's a public forum. We are all normal people like you and none of us work for IRCC. We can't tell you where your passport is or do anything about any operational failures.

srikanth764

Dec 20, 2023
I’ve given incorrect shipping address while booking two way courier service from Canada vfs global. Upon reviewing the issue with vfs support team, they are asking to send a letter with correct address enclosed in the envelope.
Could you pls let me know if this is safer option ?