+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent : passport bio page only or include visas and stamps ?

wskamel

Jan 25, 2015
Dear All,

I submitted my application for PR last month , during the application the requirement for passport was only Bio page
Today in whatsapp group , a new member was asking about blank pages in addition to stamp and visa pages in passport , we noticed that the requirement in MyCIC has changed to request visa and stamp pages !!

Anyone has information about this change , effective date ? Any number that i can call and Ask ? i have uploaded only the Bio page so i am concerned of this change impact

Thank you

Rohit11t

Jul 30, 2015
If you are applying for PNP some provinces ask you to scan all the passport pages. If it's for federal PR you need to scan bio page/s and all visa stamped pages. If you haven't done that open CSE and send your documents.

lpera

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
Same for me. I submitted my application last month and the only requirement was BIO Page. Shouldn't we just wait for CIC to contact us back?

Not sure they would reject the application based on that since it was not a requirement before.

haznac

Jan 29, 2015
Izmir, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am thinking of raising a CSE and sending the copies of stamped passport pages without waiting for IRCC request.

wskamel

Jan 25, 2015
Rohit11t said:
If you are applying for PNP some provinces ask you to scan all the passport pages. If it's for federal PR you need to scan bio page/s and all visa stamped pages. If you haven't done that open CSE and send your documents.
Do you have any reference for this requirement ( Visa and Stamps pages ) , i can't find except in My CIC and this was recently changed , even the official link didn't mention this
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

haznac

Jan 29, 2015
Izmir, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wskamel said:
Do you have any reference for this requirement ( Visa and Stamps pages ) , i can't find except in My CIC and this was recently changed , even the official link didn't mention this
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp
I believe MyCIC tooltip is valid enough. However, I agree that the inconsistency raises question marks...

HANSRA

Jan 15, 2016
Here is requirement for passport taken from my personal HELP section instructions.(I have received invitation under FSW program).By may be glitch or something my personal HELP section instructions shows-

Document: Passports/Travel Documents (Multiple)
Your passport must be valid when you apply to the International Experience Canada program and when you enter and depart from Canada. The work permit will not be issued for longer than the validity of your passport. Your passport must include a blank page other than the last page.

You must provide a clear, legible copy of your valid passport. Include a copy of:
•the page that shows your birth date, country of origin, etc.;
•and any pages with stamps, visas or markings.
Before it was asking for just bio page but now showing above instructions. I do not know what is wrong with this.
Any advice please and is there any one else in same situation?

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
If the requirement was only for the Bio page when you were applying, then you were only required to submit the Bio page, and none of the other ones- the rules may have changed later, but they are not retrospectively applicable to you.

HANSRA

Jan 15, 2016
Aragorn165 said:
If the requirement was only for the Bio page when you were applying, then you were only required to submit the Bio page, and none of the other ones- the rules may have changed later, but they are not retrospectively applicable to you.
I have not applied yet and that instructions are for International Canadian experience class and work visa something that is not what I am applying , as I say I got invitation under FSW program. But this thing is confusing me a lot now.
So what is your advice?should I include just bio page or follow whatever it says today?

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
HANSRA said:
I have not applied yet and that instructions are for International Canadian experience class and work visa something that is not what I am applying , as I say I got invitation under FSW program. But this thing is confusing me a lot now.
So what is your advice?should I include just bio page or follow whatever it says today?
To be safe, you should just upload all pages- it won't hurt, and this way, if it turns out that they did want all the pages, at least you will have your bases covered.
Remember, the general rule of thumb is that submitting more information can never hurt- so when in doubt, err on the side of more information.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
HANSRA said:
Here is requirement for passport taken from my personal HELP section instructions.(I have received invitation under FSW program).By may be glitch or something my personal HELP section instructions shows-

Document: Passports/Travel Documents (Multiple)
Your passport must be valid when you apply to the International Experience Canada program and when you enter and depart from Canada. The work permit will not be issued for longer than the validity of your passport. Your passport must include a blank page other than the last page.

You must provide a clear, legible copy of your valid passport. Include a copy of:
•the page that shows your birth date, country of origin, etc.;
•and any pages with stamps, visas or markings.
Before it was asking for just bio page but now showing above instructions. I do not know what is wrong with this.
Any advice please and is there any one else in same situation?
That's indeed weird and a glitch if an IEC requirement shows up in your FSW application.

HANSRA

Jan 15, 2016
Asivad Anac said:
Upload bio page(s) from your valid passport.
Thank you Asivad
Have you been asked same thing by someone else these days?
Is there any risk of rejection due to this. Sorry to ask many things. I hope you will understand my position. Thank you

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HANSRA said:
Thank you Asivad
Have you been asked same thing by someone else these days?
Is there any risk of rejection due to this. Sorry to ask many things. I hope you will understand my position. Thank you
Yes. Some others have also reported seeing inconsistent information on MyCIC. IEC is a totally different class and that has no relevance to an EE PR application.