+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Passport After Oath

supercake

Star Member
Aug 24, 2017
VANCOUVER
I’m sorry to hear that :( I have my oath scheduled on the 4th of January and flight on the 30th of January so I don’t know if I can make it either. Did you mention you have a flight coming and apply for urgent one? Thank you!
Hi Strawberry! How is your passport application process moving along? Did you receive your certificate quickly?

Strawberry91

Star Member
Dec 7, 2021
Hi Strawberry! How is your passport application process moving along? Did you receive your certificate quickly?
Hey I delayed my trip to February 22nd because I didn’t trust them. And I was right, still no certificate. If I don’t get it next week, I am calling and sending them e-mail every single day. I am Canadian and still this mess! Looking forward to get that 10 year passport and never never EVER deal with with them again!

supercake

Star Member
Aug 24, 2017
VANCOUVER
Hey I delayed my trip to February 22nd because I didn’t trust them. And I was right, still no certificate. If I don’t get it next week, I am calling and sending them e-mail every single day. I am Canadian and still this mess! Looking forward to get that 10 year passport and never never EVER deal with with them again!
Yikes! That's disappointing. Did you request for an expedited certificate delivery during your oath?

Strawberry91

Star Member
Dec 7, 2021
Yikes! That's disappointing. Did you request for an expedited certificate delivery during your oath?
Nobody even asked about it in oath ceremony but I mentioned in the e-mail that I sent to them. I delayed my trip so I don’t think my rearranged trip would be considered as “urgent”. But yeah, whenever I get that certificate, will apply for the passport URGENTLY. And starting from next week I will start sending them e-mail every single day. Sick of this. Literally sick.

• Sad
Reactions: supercake

ejg

Jan 17, 2022
This thread has given me hope!!

I got invited to my Oath today, for next week - finally!
Snag being this is 15 days from my planned travel!

The 2 options I'm considering:
1) asking for the rush Citizenship Certifcate and a rush passport appointment, in-person
2) travelling regardless (on British passport) and trying to blag back in with my Canadian spouse and 1 year old. Is this really daft?

I suppose the other option is re-scheduling my oath - which I'm very hesitant to do, as this just pushes this problem of needing a 8week no travel window.

Thoughts on options? How do we request the rush certificate at the oath ceremony? I have all the proof of purchases flights etc to prove the need for the rush.

Thanks so much for any insights!

Reactions: PEQ2013

ejg

Jan 17, 2022
Nobody even asked about it in oath ceremony but I mentioned in the e-mail that I sent to them. I delayed my trip so I don’t think my rearranged trip would be considered as “urgent”. But yeah, whenever I get that certificate, will apply for the passport URGENTLY. And starting from next week I will start sending them e-mail every single day. Sick of this. Literally sick.
Wanted to share this possible solution.......
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/dc-dn/dcc-eng.aspx
If you are a dual Canadian citizen flying soon to Canada and you do not have a valid Canadian passport, temporary passport or emergency travel document, you can apply for a special authorization that if approved will allow you to board your flight with your valid non-Canadian passport

Reactions: PEQ2013

andrews65

Star Member
Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2016
AOR Received.
11-10-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront: 28-07-2016
LANDED..........
14-02-2017
Wanted to share this possible solution.......
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/dc-dn/dcc-eng.aspx
If you are a dual Canadian citizen flying soon to Canada and you do not have a valid Canadian passport, temporary passport or emergency travel document, you can apply for a special authorization that if approved will allow you to board your flight with your valid non-Canadian passport
There is a fuller thread on this special authorization here ... https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/yes-you-can-travel-without-your-canadian-passport-after-taking-the-oath.610881/

Reactions: supercake

Strawberry91

Star Member
Dec 7, 2021
So I just got my certificate almost 2 weeks after my oath which is good! I am flying on the February 22nd. What should I do about my passport do you guys think? Should I start an express application or regular one? I keep hearing the regular ones take so long time and even though I have more than a month till my flight, I feel like I may still not make it if I choose the regular option. Should I call Service Canada and ask for an express one? But I have more than a month so maybe I should call later?? A little bit lost here!! Any advice is appreciated thank you so much!!

ejg

Jan 17, 2022
So I just got my certificate almost 2 weeks after my oath which is good! I am flying on the February 22nd. What should I do about my passport do you guys think? Should I start an express application or regular one? I keep hearing the regular ones take so long time and even though I have more than a month till my flight, I feel like I may still not make it if I choose the regular option. Should I call Service Canada and ask for an express one? But I have more than a month so maybe I should call later?? A little bit lost here!! Any advice is appreciated thank you so much!!
I’d go for Express at least (think was $50 extra)
Or Urgent ($110 extra)….if you’re as impatient like me!

I can’t find the link but you can request an in- person passport appointment (are you close to a Service Canada?), it’s an online form and they call you back and they’ll get you in before your flight

• Love
Reactions: Strawberry91

Strawberry91

Star Member
Dec 7, 2021
I’d go for Express at least (think was $50 extra)
Or Urgent ($110 extra)….if you’re as impatient like me!

I can’t find the link but you can request an in- person passport appointment (are you close to a Service Canada?), it’s an online form and they call you back and they’ll get you in before your flight
Oh my god such an informative reply thank you so much!!!! So my flight is on the February 22nd. In the official website it says I think you need to apply within 10 business days for express delivery etc so I am a little bit confused right now. I definitely don’t wanna do regular as the wait time is so unknown.. So I’m wondering if I should wait for some days to call Service Canada to be able to get an in person appointment or should I call right away? I don’t know if I explained this situation well.. Like if I apply regular, I may not even make it for the February 22nd as it’s so unpredictable, but I’m kinda too early for express as well lol…

ejg

Jan 17, 2022
Oh my god such an informative reply thank you so much!!!! So my flight is on the February 22nd. In the official website it says I think you need to apply within 10 business days for express delivery etc so I am a little bit confused right now. I definitely don’t wanna do regular as the wait time is so unknown.. So I’m wondering if I should wait for some days to call Service Canada to be able to get an in person appointment or should I call right away? I don’t know if I explained this situation well.. Like if I apply regular, I may not even make it for the February 22nd as it’s so unpredictable, but I’m kinda too early for express as well lol…
I see what you mean....hmmm..I had a coffee and did some more digging about...
Feb 22nd is exactly 25 business days from today (taking out the one stat and all weekends)
So tomorrow I think you're eligible for an in-person appt

''In-person passport services are offered by appointment only for those travelling in 25 business days or less with a proof of travel or need. Please make a request for an appointment using eServiceCanada.
If you are travelling in more than 25 business days, you must mail your application to the address indicated on the application form.''
The link to get call back for an in-person appt: https://eservices.canada.ca/en/service/

Urgent pick up is by the end of the next business day
Express pick up has a window of 2-9 business days (depending how quick you can get photos, guarantor and references - this option would work for you)

This link shows which Service Canada offices offer what - from what I can tell not every location offers Express or Urgent passports. Just to give you an idea of where they're likely to ask you to go
https://ircc.canada.ca/english/passport/map/map.asp

GOOD LUCK!!
:):)

• Love

Strawberry91

Star Member
Dec 7, 2021
I see what you mean....hmmm..I had a coffee and did some more digging about...
Feb 22nd is exactly 25 business days from today (taking out the one stat and all weekends)
So tomorrow I think you're eligible for an in-person appt

''In-person passport services are offered by appointment only for those travelling in 25 business days or less with a proof of travel or need. Please make a request for an appointment using eServiceCanada.
If you are travelling in more than 25 business days, you must mail your application to the address indicated on the application form.''
The link to get call back for an in-person appt: https://eservices.canada.ca/en/service/

Urgent pick up is by the end of the next business day
Express pick up has a window of 2-9 business days (depending how quick you can get photos, guarantor and references - this option would work for you)

This link shows which Service Canada offices offer what - from what I can tell not every location offers Express or Urgent passports. Just to give you an idea of where they're likely to ask you to go
https://ircc.canada.ca/english/passport/map/map.asp

GOOD LUCK!!
:):)
Heyyy thank you for the response omg! It’s a little bit of a complicated situation right there I know. So yes I’m eligible to get appointment. It says 2-9 business days for express pick up and I kinda want to apply for that one. But it looks like I still have almost 3 weeks for that last 2-9 business days window to start. So would you wait for like a few weeks or call tomorrow? I’m even thinking about buying a refundable ticket for like to be able to be in that 2-9 business days window. What do you think? :) Thanks so much for your help and links provided!!

ejg

Jan 17, 2022
Heyyy thank you for the response omg! It’s a little bit of a complicated situation right there I know. So yes I’m eligible to get appointment. It says 2-9 business days for express pick up and I kinda want to apply for that one. But it looks like I still have almost 3 weeks for that last 2-9 business days window to start. So would you wait for like a few weeks or call tomorrow? I’m even thinking about buying a refundable ticket for like to be able to be in that 2-9 business days window. What do you think? :) Thanks so much for your help and links provided!!
I'd make the request now. I have and Service Canada called me back next business day. You have your certificate right? Get your passport going! I would not wait closer to the 22nd Feb - more stressful!
I would also buy a plane ticket as optimist in me says you're travelling and will get your doc appointment :)
GOOD LUCK!