+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Passport After Oath

Strawberry91

Star Member
Dec 7, 2021
Generally you don't need a passport to book most of the airline tickets, as long as you provide your full name. However, at check-in then you must have a passport/visa so airline can verify if you are eligible to enter the destination country.
Oh thats good to hear thank you for your help!

Strawberry91

Star Member
Dec 7, 2021
Very informative thread! Do officers ask for the nature of the trip, or do they just need to see proof of travel? I imagine most applicants are asking for urgent processing right now to make their Christmas trips. My oath is on the 14th and I have a flight booked for the 24th, but it's not for urgent reasons. Just to see family for the first time in over 2 years!!
Hey, could you make it to your flight?! I’m from Calgary and I have tight schedule as well. I appreciate your answer! Thank you!!

Snowisland

Nov 23, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
LANDED..........
30-05-2016
Very informative thread. I have my oath scheduled in January 4th and I have to be in the UK on the 31st of January. So almost 4 weeks apart. I’m very stressed because I have an appointment there and if I lose that spot I can’t get it again for a few months at least. It’s not a regular doctor appointment though, do they care about the reason for travelling? Also what is this guarantor thing? I’m alone in Canada how can I find a guarantor? Thank you!
Passport Canada has a section that tells you what to do if you don’t have a guarantor. Don’t worry, there are options.

VictorCA

Oct 28, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-Nov-2015
Doc's Request.
09-Mar-2016
AOR Received.
25-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
08-May-2016
Passport Req..
26-Oct-2016
VISA ISSUED...
1-Nov-2016
LANDED..........
January 14, 2017. Praise God!
Hey, could you make it to your flight?! I’m from Calgary and I have tight schedule as well. I appreciate your answer! Thank you!!
I probably won't. The last day I can receive it and still make my flight is Tuesday, so I haven't cancelled it yet. My application is still "In Progress," though, and I think it is only marked as Complete once they send your certificate, so I highly doubt I'll get it by Tuesday.

Strawberry91

Star Member
Dec 7, 2021
I probably won't. The last day I can receive it and still make my flight is Tuesday, so I haven't cancelled it yet. My application is still "In Progress," though, and I think it is only marked as Complete once they send your certificate, so I highly doubt I'll get it by Tuesday.
I’m sorry to hear that :( I have my oath scheduled on the 4th of January and flight on the 30th of January so I don’t know if I can make it either. Did you mention you have a flight coming and apply for urgent one? Thank you!

Yahoo_India

Star Member
Jun 10, 2014
Hi Team, I am planning to apply for urgent passport, in person application tomorrow (Monday). I have got an urgent unplanned trip coming up on Dec 24th. I wanted to clarify one thing. Do we need to provide copy of ID document with guarantor's signature? Given that its in person and I will be taking all my original documents, do we still need to submit a copy with guarantor's signatures?

Thanks a lot in advance!

VictorCA

Oct 28, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-Nov-2015
Doc's Request.
09-Mar-2016
AOR Received.
25-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
08-May-2016
Passport Req..
26-Oct-2016
VISA ISSUED...
1-Nov-2016
LANDED..........
I’m sorry to hear that :( I have my oath scheduled on the 4th of January and flight on the 30th of January so I don’t know if I can make it either. Did you mention you have a flight coming and apply for urgent one? Thank you!
Yes, I did, both before and after the ceremony. They were very clear that they could not guarantee anything. One of them mentioned that it is up to the "supervisor" if it gets expedited or not, but that it is usually only for urgent trips like for health or family emergencies.

jamezmoran

Star Member
Sep 28, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
15-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-11-2016
Med's Done....
16-11-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
Reactions: ejg

Strawberry91

Star Member
Dec 7, 2021
Yes, I did, both before and after the ceremony. They were very clear that they could not guarantee anything. One of them mentioned that it is up to the "supervisor" if it gets expedited or not, but that it is usually only for urgent trips like for health or family emergencies.
Yeah let’s see how many days it will take for you to get your certificate. Did they ask about your reason for urgent travel? I have almost 4 weeks between oath and flight so even if they don’t expedite maybe I can make it but we ll see.. If your certificate doesn’t arrive on time, you won’t be able to see your family soon that’s not fun :( Sorry to hear that.

Strawberry91

Star Member
Dec 7, 2021
Hey I just read it.. What a journey..! My oath is on January 4th and flight on the January 30th. Does it look so impossible? Do you have any recommendation to make things faster? Thanks!! And congratulations on getting your passport and being a Canadian after that long journey!

illiterate_professor

Sep 1, 2021
Hey I just read it.. What a journey..! My oath is on January 4th and flight on the January 30th. Does it look so impossible? Do you have any recommendation to make things faster? Thanks!! And congratulations on getting your passport and being a Canadian after that long journey!
Thanks! My guess is that if you don't run into anyone who is "difficult" or refuses to help/cooperate, you should be good. All the best!

Reactions: Strawberry91

nerd

Jan 15, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Team, I am planning to apply for urgent passport, in person application tomorrow (Monday). I have got an urgent unplanned trip coming up on Dec 24th. I wanted to clarify one thing. Do we need to provide copy of ID document with guarantor's signature? Given that its in person and I will be taking all my original documents, do we still need to submit a copy with guarantor's signatures?
no need.

VictorCA

Oct 28, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-Nov-2015
Doc's Request.
09-Mar-2016
AOR Received.
25-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
08-May-2016
Passport Req..
26-Oct-2016
VISA ISSUED...
1-Nov-2016
LANDED..........
Yeah let’s see how many days it will take for you to get your certificate. Did they ask about your reason for urgent travel? I have almost 4 weeks between oath and flight so even if they don’t expedite maybe I can make it but we ll see.. If your certificate doesn’t arrive on time, you won’t be able to see your family soon that’s not fun :( Sorry to hear that.
They did ask, but my trip is really just for leisure. It's to see my parents for the first time in over 2 years. But we are all mentally prepared to wait until January. They know how long I've been waiting for this process to end and how important it is, so we can always celebrate Christmas in January if it gets to that. I'll let you know when I receive the certificate!

Reactions: Strawberry91

Strawberry91

Star Member
Dec 7, 2021
They did ask, but my trip is really just for leisure. It's to see my parents for the first time in over 2 years. But we are all mentally prepared to wait until January. They know how long I've been waiting for this process to end and how important it is, so we can always celebrate Christmas in January if it gets to that. I'll let you know when I receive the certificate!
Definitely it will be still okay to celebrate it in January!! Not much time left! Congratulations to become Canadian and I will definitely ask you again when you get your certificate soon :)

• Love
Reactions: VictorCA