+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Passport After Oath

Strawberry91

Star Member
Dec 7, 2021
I'd make the request now. I have and Service Canada called me back next business day. You have your certificate right? Get your passport going! I would not wait closer to the 22nd Feb - more stressful!
I would also buy a plane ticket as optimist in me says you're travelling and will get your doc appointment :)
GOOD LUCK!
Yes, can they say “Oh, you have more than 9 business days so you don’t qualify for express application.” No idea.. Maybe I will just make request and ask them about what to do in this situation.. And yes I got my certificate and even though it clearly says “Do Not Bend” on it, it was folded and from one edge to another there is a line…. I hope passport office will accept the document but no idea. Oh and which doctor appointment you talking about haha?

ejg

Jan 17, 2022
Yes, can they say “Oh, you have more than 9 business days so you don’t qualify for express application.” No idea.. Maybe I will just make request and ask them about what to do in this situation.. And yes I got my certificate and even though it clearly says “Do Not Bend” on it, it was folded and from one edge to another there is a line…. I hope passport office will accept the document but no idea. Oh and which doctor appointment you talking about haha?
Passport office/Service Canada websites says less than 25 business days and your eligible for Express.

Sorry must’ve read up the thread and have your reason to travel confused with someone elses - opps! Sorry!!

Reactions: Strawberry91

Strawberry91

Star Member
Dec 7, 2021
Passport office/Service Canada websites says less than 25 business days and your eligible for Express.

Sorry must’ve read up the thread and have your reason to travel confused with someone elses - opps! Sorry!!
Oh no worries :)
I guess I am gonna have to call them and get some info!! Express is the way to go!! Thanks so much ^^

ejg

Jan 17, 2022
Hi all,
I had my virtual oath ceremony yesterday (Jan 24th) - I asked for a rush/expediated certificate in the registration process (which is just prior to ceremony) which wasn't granted. The request had to be emailed, after the ceremony along with the signed Oath form, flight tickets and an explanation. He was hopeful it would be granted, but wasn't his decision to make. Currently waiting to hear back from my email.

The registration clerk did also offer the chance to postpone there and then, before cutting up my PR card.

Just wanted to share my ceremony experience, I know not everyone will have the same experience - mine was super pleasant, the registration person spent extra time to go through my options with me. I had a really good ceremony, albeit no confirmation of rushed certificate

ejg

Jan 17, 2022
CEREMONY & CERT
24 Jan - Oath Ceremony
24 Jan - Emailed Signed Oath
31 Jan - Citizenship Application Closed in tracker
3 Feb - Certificate arrived by mail (postman at door, not condo mailbox. Thankfully was working from home!)

PASSPORT
3 Feb - sent Service Canada E-request for call back for Express Passport in-person appt. Received same day. No appointment til the 9th. Advised to call back Monday and request an urgent.
7 Feb - lines open 7:30am eastern. Called for an urgent appt. They couldn’t make it on phone but emailed my local office (Vancouver)on my behalf.
10am pacific had call back for a 1pm appt.
NOTE- your guarantor and references need to be available via phone. All 3 were called before 2pm.
8 Feb - collected my passport
9 Feb - flying!

this was stressful, it has worked out. At times I wished postponed my Oath ceremony though!

labamba

Jan 2, 2017
Hi, I was told that I can apply for an urgent passport with the proof of my oath form submission since the certificate might not arrive in time for my work travel. So I was given an appointment and the person said that if my certificate doesn't arrive on time, I can show proof that I submitted my signed oath form. Does anybody else have experience with this?

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
Hi, I was told that I can apply for an urgent passport with the proof of my oath form submission since the certificate might not arrive in time for my work travel. So I was given an appointment and the person said that if my certificate doesn't arrive on time, I can show proof that I submitted my signed oath form. Does anybody else have experience with this?
Who said that? I don't think that's true?? You need your certificate to apply for the passport.

m11nk

Aug 14, 2014
Oh my god such an informative reply thank you so much!!!! So my flight is on the February 22nd. In the official website it says I think you need to apply within 10 business days for express delivery etc so I am a little bit confused right now. I definitely don’t wanna do regular as the wait time is so unknown.. So I’m wondering if I should wait for some days to call Service Canada to be able to get an in person appointment or should I call right away? I don’t know if I explained this situation well.. Like if I apply regular, I may not even make it for the February 22nd as it’s so unpredictable, but I’m kinda too early for express as well lol…
Dont do regular. I did for my son and still it took 6 weeks.

hussamfarooq

Oct 25, 2021
CEREMONY & CERT
24 Jan - Oath Ceremony
24 Jan - Emailed Signed Oath
31 Jan - Citizenship Application Closed in tracker
3 Feb - Certificate arrived by mail (postman at door, not condo mailbox. Thankfully was working from home!)

PASSPORT
3 Feb - sent Service Canada E-request for call back for Express Passport in-person appt. Received same day. No appointment til the 9th. Advised to call back Monday and request an urgent.
7 Feb - lines open 7:30am eastern. Called for an urgent appt. They couldn’t make it on phone but emailed my local office (Vancouver)on my behalf.
10am pacific had call back for a 1pm appt.
NOTE- your guarantor and references need to be available via phone. All 3 were called before 2pm.
8 Feb - collected my passport
9 Feb - flying!

this was stressful, it has worked out. At times I wished postponed my Oath ceremony though!
did you request urgent processing of certificate? can you request in person pickup or ask to pay for express delivery?

danielvalenca

Star Member
Jan 8, 2018
This thread has given me hope!

Since you guys experienced this a few months ago, what would you do under my circumstances? My oath is scheduled for September 27 and my trip is booked for October 8. Do you think I should join the oath meeting and request to speed up my certificate delivery? I really wouldn't want to postpone the ceremony and I can't miss the trip either.

Any reply is appreciated, thanks!