Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bangloboy said:
Thanks guys! Hope the info helps - all the best
That's great. Such an effective way to get things done. That's why I love this country.

I just giggled when I saw your signature: "Current: I am canadian".. Why "current"? That gives me the impression you will be renouncing it at some point in the future.. haha just giving you a hard time.. ;D

bangloboy

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
boasorte said:
That's great. Such an effective way to get things done. That's why I love this country.

I just giggled when I saw your signature: "Current: I am canadian".. Why "current"? That gives me the impression you will be renouncing it at some point in the future.. haha just giving you a hard time.. ;D
LOL I like your analysis. I should change it! Current and Forever: CANADIAN :)

Just on the other side now - got to travel as a Canadian using my Canadian passport - felt honored and proud

sounyul

Mar 25, 2014
Hi bangloboy,

Can I please ask some questions?
I am currently facing the same situation like you had.
Did the officer type the data before the noon? So it takes 24 hours to show up in the database or something?
My Oath is in the afternoon and I need to get a passport next day in order to fly out.

Thanks,

Felix

bangloboy

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sounyul said:
Hi bangloboy,

Can I please ask some questions?
I am currently facing the same situation like you had.
Did the officer type the data before the noon? So it takes 24 hours to show up in the database or something?
My Oath is in the afternoon and I need to get a passport next day in order to fly out.

Thanks,

Felix
My experience is on page 3. Thanks

amazing21

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
hi guys

I have a question maybe you can help me out.

My citizenship ceremony is scheduled for september 22..I know i can only apply 48 hrs after the ceremony. That means I can only apply september 25….and I need to travel overseas after that asap….so I need the urgent processing

Now do you think its ok to book my flight departing september 29? or is it safer to book by september 30? I dont want to book my flight and my passport is not even ready……

I appreciate your reply thanks

thanks

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amazing21 said:
hi guys

I have a question maybe you can help me out.

My citizenship ceremony is scheduled for september 22..I know i can only apply 48 hrs after the ceremony. That means I can only apply september 25....and I need to travel overseas after that asap....so I need the urgent processing

Now do you think its ok to book my flight departing september 29? or is it safer to book by september 30? I dont want to book my flight and my passport is not even ready......

I appreciate your reply thanks

thanks
You can urgent passport even on the same day. Passport Canada can call and get verification on your citizenship. Only thing is they do this only for actual emergencies. Also if you are willing to wait 48 hours and spend $110 for premium processing then you can get the passport on the same day. Please prepare to be at the passport office early in the morning and you can get the passport by 1 or 2 PM the same day. Another thing is you need two additional references for expedited processing. Please ensure that they all pick up their calls. It will be made within the time you submit and 11 AM. For me I submitted at 8 AM they called my guarantor and references at 8.30 AM.

amazing21

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
chikloo said:
You can urgent passport even on the same day. Passport Canada can call and get verification on your citizenship. Only thing is they do this only for actual emergencies. Also if you are willing to wait 48 hours and spend $110 for premium processing then you can get the passport on the same day. Please prepare to be at the passport office early in the morning and you can get the passport by 1 or 2 PM the same day. Another thing is you need two additional references for expedited processing. Please ensure that they all pick up their calls. It will be made within the time you submit and 11 AM. For me I submitted at 8 AM they called my guarantor and references at 8.30 AM.
thank you so much for your reply..its very appreciated ! Do I need to prove why i need and urgent processing? Showing them a ticket that you will fly back is not enough? or do you have to real prove something big?

thanks

amazing21

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Forgot to ask ..You said I need 2 additional references? but we submit 2 references to apply..do you mean I will need 4?
do they take 24 hours or 48 hours for urgent processing? i didn't understand

thanks

josuetenista

Oct 8, 2014
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V -> CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2013
AOR Received.
12-12-2013
My wife just had the same issue. Her oath was December 19th at 9am, and we had a trip planned December 22th at 5am. Just before the oath she approached to one of the officers and explained her the situation, she said there is nothing that they could do and even recommended to take the oath in a different date. She took the oath anyways. On December 20th she tried going to service Canada and see if she is in the system, they couldn't find her and asked her to come back later. She went today at 8 am when the office was just opening and she's there, they ask her to come back today at 3pm to pick up her passport. If you are in Toronto I highly recommend going to the office in Victoria street, the staff is very friendly and the wait times are short