+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

urgent P.R Status Question

rohit patel

Apr 25, 2011
On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 7:46 PM, Rohit Patel <rohitdpatel007@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,
I entered Canada in May 2006. My P.R. Card expired on 31 May 2011. i have not completed required 2 years period.

- My spouse has completed 2 years period.
- My son and his wife applied for Citizen status
- My grand son born in Canada.(citizen)

i have my parents above 80 year are in my home country. they are not physically well. so to take care of my parents i can"t stay longer in Canada.
i came three times in Canada but could not completed required 2 years period. At present i am in Canada and returning back in my home country before my P.R Card expired Date 31 May 2011.

after return my home country ...
- how i renew my PR Card for come to Canada
- if Authority will refuse to renew my P.R.Card which is the way to get new P.R Card. and which is the way to entered in Canada.

My whole Family are in Canada.
i am only member is in home country.please give me way to come in Canada.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OK, first off, you can not apply to renew your PR card from outside Canada. If you want to try to renew it now, you could apply on humane and compassionate reasons because of your parents. I don't think that you have a good chance though because you are not planning on staying in Canada from now on, you are going back again to take care of your parents. They will wonder why they should let you keep your PR if you are leaving again to lose it again.

What happens after your PR card expires is that unless you are visa exempt, you will need a PR travel document to go back again. You can apply for one at the embassy but they may refuse you for not meeting the residency requirements. If they do, you have officially lost your PR. You can then apply for a multiple entry visit visa to visit your family. If you are refused, your wife can sponsor you for PR again and you will have a new PR card. Otherwise, you can use a multiple entry visa until you are ready to move back to Canada and then your wife can sponsor you.