+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT! Online Visit visa (TRV) processing time

nithya98

May 30, 2015
Hi guys,

Need some urgent help. I am Indian citizen in New Delhi and applied for the online TVR on Tuesday 26th May.
However, my application status still shows as 'Open' and 'Non Started' on the website.
I am leaving India to France and then later to Canada on the 7th June, so if I don't get the passport submission email by this week I am very stressed for my travel plans.

Few questions:
- Since I submitted online and put in my Delhi address, will the ONLINE application be processed in the Delhi High Commission or in Canada?

- Upon contacting the Canadian High Commission in Delhi they say they cannot track my application which is very frightening cause I have paid the fees. Anybody encountered this issue?

- How do I get them to expedite the visa processing? I have received 0 replies to my emails to the Delhi immigration address

- According to the website the Delhi processing time is 7 days but does this apply to online applications from Delhi too?

- I am also a Singapore Permanent Resident - would this affect my application being processed in Singapore instead?

- Worth case scenario is that I don't get the passport submission email in time, then will it possible for me to get my passport stamped through the Canadian VFS in France?

Would greatly appreciate all help - extremely stressed on how to proceed next. The online application process seems to be very unclear with terribly nil response from customer service or the High Commission.

Thanks

nithya98

May 30, 2015
I'm not too sure either! Its rather stressful esp when the CIC processing time says the visa process should have been completed by 7 days in Delhi i.e. Monday and it hasn't even started

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
nithya98 said:
I'm not too sure either! Its rather stressful esp when the CIC processing time says the visa process should have been completed by 7 days in Delhi i.e. Monday and it hasn't even started
Not all applications are processed in 7 days. It's entirely possible for processing to take several weeks. Unfortunately you submitted your application with very little time to spare - and there is no expedite processing available. There's really nothing you can do but wait and hope for the best.

Sunny2015

May 25, 2015
nithya98 said:
- Worth case scenario is that I don't get the passport submission email in time, then will it possible for me to get my passport stamped through the Canadian VFS in France?
I am facing somewhat a similar issue. I applied from within Canada for new TRV based on my Work Permit.
I am travelling on an emergency to India this week but received passport request very late to get them stamped here.
I wrote an email to Canadian consulate in New york (where my application was being processed) and they approved me for getting TRV stamped in Delhi during my visit. They have emailed me the passport request letter.
Hope this helps