+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT - Office not satisfied that our relationship is genuine

M

mikeymyke

Honeymoons dont need to be expensive or in some fancy hotel. It would seem kind of strange you would just take off right after the wedding

haXudon

May 31, 2015
We have to look at your document, specifically IMM5532. Go to PART C - Information about relationship. What did you answer on number 3 - Are you living together now. And what was your explanation? Also in number 4 - If you are not living together, have you visited each other during your relationship? What was your explanation?

So like mine, I answered No in question 3, then I said I have to go back to Canada for work. Then I answered Yes in question 4, then I said I visited, got married, then we lived in my house after marriage, all in the same month.

Neha2703

Star Member
Jul 12, 2014
I would recommend that you provide whatever documents you have like boarding pass, pictures of short trip or visiting family etc etc other than marriage pictures and also include the call details or chat details after marriage. make a good solid case now. Consult a lawyer or immigration consultant and see what they recommend. Good Luck to you!

We also did not went for our honeymoon as my husband was very sick and we included his reports in the file too just to back it up that he was genuinely sick and could not travel but we included all of our pictures from the last 7 years since we were in college. Hope this helps!

Request: Please keep clean language in the form, we are all adults and here to help each other or do personal DM.

Reactions: Classic Chucks

MaryL

Apr 24, 2014
Land of Living Skies
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
30-10-14
AOR Received.
22-01-15
File Transfer...
27-01-15
Med's Done....
28-08-14 Redone 25-07-17
Interview........
21-05-15 DM 10-08-17
Passport Req..
05-10-17
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-17
LANDED..........
14-10-17
Consider yourself lucky to have a chance to send in more proof. If it were me, I'd be going back asap and taking her on a honeymoon somewhere. Photos, boarding passes etc.. you tried to skimp and save money. It could cost you a wait of two or more years and thousands of dollars..

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Did you in fact do everything that a typical couple from your culture and religion would do to get married? If you did, then write an explanation and provide proof that all the ceremonies were done. If there should be a reception, and you had one but it was smaller than normal, explain why it was smaller. But be clear that it was done.
You do not have to have lived together, but if the visa officer thinks that you did not even spend one night together, he might think the reason is you did not actually do all the steps required in your culture to be married. If you did all the steps, explain and show proof.

Reactions: madlouni

Inlandspouse

Star Member
Mar 23, 2017
My wife and I are from two totally different cultures and also different religion. We got married in Canada and did a Christian civil ceremony with about 40 friends and family present. No one was present from my side as I don't have anyone in Canada I know and not related to my wife. Seems like they might not like our case either.

They just sent us a letter last week requesting more proofs of cohabitation and proving relationship is genuine. Too sad that some real couples have to go through hard time just to be their partners peacefully.

madlouni

Star Member
Jul 3, 2015
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-10-2014
Doc's Request.
17-03-2016 PC & 31-03-2016 RCMP
AOR Received.
18-02-2015
IELTS Request
CELPIP sent w/app
Med's Request
18-03-2016
Med's Done....
22-03-2016
Interview........
06-04-2016 RPRF
Passport Req..
02-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
16-06-2016
Did you in fact do everything that a typical couple from your culture and religion would do to get married? If you did, then write an explanation and provide proof that all the ceremonies were done. If there should be a reception, and you had one but it was smaller than normal, explain why it was smaller. But be clear that it was done.
You do not have to have lived together, but if the visa officer thinks that you did not even spend one night together, he might think the reason is you did not actually do all the steps required in your culture to be married. If you did all the steps, explain and show proof.
Everything was done according to the religion and culture but the honemoon and the living together
We did not do a honeymoon as there is no point on traveling together for a week then she goes back to live with her parents for up to 12 months so we agreed between us (her and I) that we will go for a honeymoon when she gets her visa that way from her parents place to the honeymoon then to my place in Canada
and after the marriage we did not live together for the same reason of no point on living together for a week or two then I have to come back to Canada and she goes back to her parents house as I have no place there
It a mutual agreement between us to how we decided we want things to take place but it looks like our relationship for the officer is no genuine.
We will try to send as much more supporting documents as we can hoping that we can convince the officer. :(

madlouni

Star Member
Jul 3, 2015
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-10-2014
Doc's Request.
17-03-2016 PC & 31-03-2016 RCMP
AOR Received.
18-02-2015
IELTS Request
CELPIP sent w/app
Med's Request
18-03-2016
Med's Done....
22-03-2016
Interview........
06-04-2016 RPRF
Passport Req..
02-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
16-06-2016
My wife and I are from two totally different cultures and also different religion. We got married in Canada and did a Christian civil ceremony with about 40 friends and family present. No one was present from my side as I don't have anyone in Canada I know and not related to my wife. Seems like they might not like our case either.

They just sent us a letter last week requesting more proofs of cohabitation and proving relationship is genuine. Too sad that some real couples have to go through hard time just to be their partners peacefully.
If you got married in Canada and you are together in the same country why aren't you living in the same place? You will need to show that your address and her address is the same like for example your driving licenses, hydro bill in your both names, etc...

Inlandspouse

Star Member
Mar 23, 2017
If you got married in Canada and you are together in the same country why aren't you living in the same place? You will need to show that your address and her address is the same like for example your driving licenses, hydro bill in your both names, etc...
Thank you for your expertise. Btw, we have been living together since we got married at same address. Have provided my drivers license and 18 other documents proving our cohabitation.
I have been to Canada for only the summer months for two years and so it seemed senseless to get my license and any other document here. Now after being here for 8 months, I have a lot of documents with Canadian address.

sebinh

May 30, 2016
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore (Vietnam)
App. Filed.......
30-12-2016
Doc's Request.
Proff paiement RPRF 20-07-2017
AOR Received.
03-01-2017 AOR2 : 15-02-2017 CSQ: 30-03-2017
File Transfer...
February 2017
Med's Request
Request second. 20-07-2017 + further tests request for TB (august) / Passed 27-07-2019
Med's Done....
MDR-TB : 20 months. Finished ( 15 july 2019) / IOM update 22 july / CIC update 27 july
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14 October 2019
VISA ISSUED...
31 October 2019
LANDED..........
10 Nov. 2019
Everything was done according to the religion and culture but the honemoon and the living together
We did not do a honeymoon as there is no point on traveling together for a week then she goes back to live with her parents for up to 12 months so we agreed between us (her and I) that we will go for a honeymoon when she gets her visa that way from her parents place to the honeymoon then to my place in Canada
and after the marriage we did not live together for the same reason of no point on living together for a week or two then I have to come back to Canada and she goes back to her parents house as I have no place there
It a mutual agreement between us to how we decided we want things to take place but it looks like our relationship for the officer is no genuine.
We will try to send as much more supporting documents as we can hoping that we can convince the officer. :(
Do you have any chat log where you talk about it with your wife before the wedding ?

I mean, where you talk about what kind of honeymoon you would do and where you would like to go? While the preparation of the wedding or in your currents conversations, do you talk about when and why you will wait to do it together ?

In an other hand, you and her did the choice to live separately for the rest of your travel after the wedding. It's look like if the marriage not been consume and not socially accepted. You will need to provide a really good explication of the reason and provide solid evidence about it.Try to figure out what kind of question the agent want answer for... Why you did not go live with her in her place for the rest of your travel ? How a married lady in regard of your cultures can go back sleep in house of her parents when she is just married ? Over all, without her husband? Why you and her did not go and share life in hotel room ? Have you any chat log where you talk about the fact that the marriage been consume ?

Remember that we need to show that our relationship is genuine. We need to show that we live in a continu marital situation with interdependence. Not just provide document that a wedding ceremony been done.

If you can show chat log where you and your wife talk about it before and after the wedding
(before you receive letter from CIC) it's can help your case.

Wish the best and good luck

Reactions: madlouni

soumia1

Sep 4, 2017
Is there any update on your situation ? I'm from Algeria and my husband and I chose not to do a big wedding because I was previously married and I have a toddler. I'm scared now knowing they look at not having the "traditional big wedding arab ceremonies" as a non genuine marriage ...

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
It is not a firm requirement. The visa officers know what is normal in the country, so expect to see that, but if you have reasons why something was not done, just explain. For example, it may be that if the wife was divorced and has a child, a big celebration is not expected for the second marriage. Just explain your choices.

soumia1

Sep 4, 2017
It is not a firm requirement. The visa officers know what is normal in the country, so expect to see that, but if you have reasons why something was not done, just explain. For example, it may be that if the wife was divorced and has a child, a big celebration is not expected for the second marriage. Just explain your choices.
OK thanks . I explained that but I still worry . And now I'm thinking because I sponsored my ex common law in 2012 but ended because of his cheating in 2016 , that they will question why I rushed into getting married . My first partner was American so different country and he was in Canada already.. my husband now is Algerian and we have the same culture and values . I'm just terrified of CIC judging us over this