+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent - October 23 2012 - Lawyer required ?

coolroby

Oct 23, 2012
Hi All,

I am an Indian citizen and i am working in Toronto since March 2010. I am currently on work Permit and i am eligible for PR under CEC.

I am preparing to file PR under CEC. I have cleared IELTS with a score of 7 and have gathered required documentation like Work Experience, Police Clearance Certificate, Birth Certificate from Indian consulate here.

I got married few months back and my wife joined me here a month back. Currently she is on Dependent Visa.

Can i apply PR for both of us at the same time ? Or is there any duration limit (like staying for more than a year in Canada or so) which my wife needs to satify ?

In this case do i need to hire a lawyer ?

Could you please help me in this regards.

Thanks...

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
coolroby said:
I got married few months back and my wife joined me here a month back. Currently she is on Dependent Visa.

Can i apply PR for both of us at the same time ? Or is there any duration limit (like staying for more than a year in Canada or so) which my wife needs to satify ?
If you are married, then you are required to apply as a married applicant, with your wife as a dependent. Your marriage certificate is also a required document. Your wife will also have to supply copies of her birth certificate, police clearances, etc. if you want a lawyer, fine, but if you don't, it is not required - Just follow the directions...