+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent ! Need help. Main applicant died

Harry2291

Star Member
Dec 14, 2022
am in bad and hard situations

My spouse got nominated fromPNP after his 2 year work experience in Canada. We applied for Federal PR last year. I was the secondary applicant in the file . Everything was done in PR file like we got AOR and medical done as well as updated. We were just waiting for the COPR. My husband was passed away in an unfortunate incident in August this year. I have 10 month old baby with me born here in canada.
We need help. Please advise Me and my son will be really grateful if you helping us to get process our Permanent residency application.

please suggest, me about will IRCC officer proceed our file without main applicant or not?
I will be thankful for your valuable time and suggestions which you will give us for helping us( me and my son).

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

My spouse got nominated fromPNP after his 2 year work experience in Canada. We applied for Federal PR last year. I was the secondary applicant in the file . Everything was done in PR file like we got AOR and medical done as well as updated. We were just waiting for the COPR. My husband was passed away in an unfortunate incident in August this year. I have 10 month old baby with me born here in canada.
We need help. Please advise Me and my son will be really grateful if you helping us to get process our Permanent residency application.

please suggest, me about will IRCC officer proceed our file without main applicant or not?
I will be thankful for your valuable time and suggestions which you will give us for helping us( me and my son).
I’m sorry for your loss. You have no choice but to inform IRCC that your spouse passed away. You are required to update any changes in your family composition. Your current application is based on huge misrepresentation. even if you managed to get approved your husband has to land before you to get PR which will not be possible. You must contact IRCC asap to withdraw the application and look for other ways for you to get PR. Are you working?

Reactions: bellaluna

singhno

Jan 12, 2022

Contact ircc and you may need to lawyer up as well. This is IRCCs fault if they are taking forever to decide on the pr applications.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014

Sorry for your loss. which PNP is this?

there is this old case where the PNP was transferred to the spouse. But absolutely no guarantees. You may need to consult a lawyer.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/principal-applicant-died-what-happens-to-the-dependents.475182/

Reactions: Harry2291

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Can I have the case reference please
This is private information and is not available. See the link that was provided earlier for details.

Bornlucky

May 15, 2018

Hi, if you have a lawyer ask about the submission of a Humanitarian and Compassionate (H&C) grounds application (assuming that you're in Canada).

It is an unusual and disproportionate hardship (this is the language of H&Cs) to have invested so much into immigrating and through no fault of your own to find yourself and your child so negatively effected.

I'm directing this message to you and not really looking for any kibitzing on the merits of such an application, but who can stop the rain?

Good luck

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, if you have a lawyer ask about the submission of a Humanitarian and Compassionate (H&C) grounds application (assuming that you're in Canada).

It is an unusual and disproportionate hardship (this is the language of H&Cs) to have invested so much into immigrating and through no fault of your own to find yourself and your child so negatively effected.

I'm directing this message to you and not really looking for any kibitzing on the merits of such an application, but who can stop the rain?

Good luck
Applying for H&C would mean starting a new application and processing time of likely another year at least. Proving that the wife can support herself financially without her husband will be important.

@Harry2291 I’m sorry for your loss first of all. Unfortunately unless you qualify for PNP then PNP option is likely not going to be an option. You must inform that your husband has passed and you should do it as soon as possible. If you ever get a passport request without confirmation that IRCC is aware that your husband is deceased you should not submit your passports. What is your current status in Canada? If you have a permit when does is expire? As mentioned you do have the option of applying for H&C which would be a new application. Your best argument would be that It is in the best interest of your Canadian child to grow up in Canada. One of the important things you will need to show is that you are able to financially support your child without your husband’s income. Do you have any job experience in Canada?

Reactions: bellaluna

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Can I have the case reference number please
Have you contacted IRCC about the death of your husband? It is very important that you do so as soon as possible. Your application is currently being processed with a big misrepresentation. Allowing the spouse to become main applicant only works it the spouse also meets the same requirements for express entry. Unless your job experience and points would have gotten you selected for PNP there is no option for you to become main applicant.