+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[URGENT!!!] Need help /advise please..

allysa013

Aug 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello!

I just received our Visas yesterday and I was very happy and excited unfortunately upon closer checking of our documents
I noticed that my daughter's name was spelled incorrectly, 1 letter was missing :eek:, it is supposed to be Angelica Joyce but it was typed/printed
as Agelica Joyce in both her Visa and her Copr (missing the letter N), her passport and everything had her correct name on it. I immediately notified CEM about it but no response yet. We have our flight scheduled next week and I'm very confused on what to do.

Is it ok to proceed with the landing and notify the IO about the typo and are they gonna allow us to cross the border with that error?
I also read 1 forumer here that she went to the Canadian Embassy to have the Visa and Copr corrected and got it the same day, wil this work
on other Canadian Embassies too?

Any help/inputs are greatly appreciated.

Seniors and Experts please help :(

Thanks ad God Bless.

yamayama

Jun 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad now in New Delhi since Feb 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7, September, 2012
AOR Received.
17, October, 2012
File Transfer...
17, October, 2012
Med's Request
May 20, 2014
Med's Done....
11, June, 2012
Passport Req..
Oct 30, 2014
Hey Buddy,
The spelling on the visa should be the exact spelling on her passport otherwise you will gonna have problems at the airport, I would recommend to get it fix.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
allysa013 said:
Hello!

I just received our Visas yesterday and I was very happy and excited unfortunately upon closer checking of our documents
I noticed that my daughter's name was spelled incorrectly, 1 letter was missing :eek:, it is supposed to be Angelica Joyce but it was typed/printed
as Agelica Joyce in both her Visa and her Copr (missing the letter N), her passport and everything had her correct name on it. I immediately notified CEM about it but no response yet. We have our flight scheduled next week and I'm very confused on what to do.

Is it ok to proceed with the landing and notify the IO about the typo and are they gonna allow us to cross the border with that error?
I also read 1 forumer here that she went to the Canadian Embassy to have the Visa and Copr corrected and got it the same day, wil this work
on other Canadian Embassies too?

Any help/inputs are greatly appreciated.

Seniors and Experts please help :(

Thanks ad God Bless.
Go land, they will fix it at your POE with no issue.

allysa013

Aug 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for your reply, was too busy packing things up

we went to the embassy to have it fix and was advised to pick it up next week.

frege

Jun 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-12-2011
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
28-11-2012 (copy only)
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
LANDED..........
15-12-2012
allysa013 said:
Thank you for your reply, was too busy packing things up

we went to the embassy to have it fix and was advised to pick it up next week.
This can probably be sorted out at the port of entry. At worst - and this probably won't be necessary - they would let her in as a visitor and then have her come back once they'd corrected the COPR.

allysa013

Aug 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
frege said:
This can probably be sorted out at the port of entry. At worst - and this probably won't be necessary - they would let her in as a visitor and then have her come back once they'd corrected the COPR.
thanks for the reply frege, We already got the corrected visa last monday. I was actually planning on doing the same
thing but I'm like what yamayama said that might cause some issues with the airline.

Foster

Star Member
Dec 18, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 30, 2013
AOR Received.
May 31, 2013
Med's Done....
April 26, 2013
I see you got everything sorted out glad to hear :). In the future, for anyone that comes across this again all you need is another piece of ID like a birth certificate that shows correct spelling and birth date on there. :D