+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent! My WP was refused. I have an Alberta nomination.

FabAle

Oct 8, 2016
Please need help. My work permit was refused. I applied for a WP extension a month before my WP expired. In the meantime, I was waiting for an Alberta Nomination. I received the nomination 5 days before my WP expired. So, I added the Nomination letter and the 2049(c) letter of support to my application and I received a confirmation email.

Now, I received a message from CIC of Work Permit extension refuse. They said my application was refused because my Permanent Residence was refused. I applied for PR two years ago and it was denied because I moved to a different province. But now, I have a new Nomination and I want to apply for PR. I am not sure why they denied my extension if I have new documents. They said I have 90 days for restoration of status. Can I apply again sending all the documents together and keep working? It seems they took a decision based on an old PR process. Is that right?

Islanders

Star Member
Nov 15, 2015
FabAle said:
Please need help. My work permit was refused. I applied for a WP extension a month before my WP expired. In the meantime, I was waiting for an Alberta Nomination. I received the nomination 5 days before my WP expired. So, I added the Nomination letter and the 2049(c) letter of support to my application and I received a confirmation email.

Now, I received a message from CIC of Work Permit extension refuse. They said my application was refused because my Permanent Residence was refused. I applied for PR two years ago and it was denied because I moved to a different province. But now, I have a new Nomination and I want to apply for PR. I am not sure why they denied my extension if I have new documents. They said I have 90 days for restoration of status. Can I apply again sending all the documents together and keep working? It seems they took a decision based on an old PR process. Is that right?
Sorry to heard ur situation. First mistake was; u applied an extention without supporting docs such as nomination result or LMIA ( employer support). Second; i dont understand why you have to moved to another province while ur PR still in process? U should know Canada records every single move u have. Do u realize that u must be have the same UCI number since 2 yrs ago?

What u should do is apply for restoration, stop working and complete all docs. U cannot apply PR while u hv no legal status in Canada. Restoration takes around 3-4 months. Asked ur PNP to extend ur nomination by telling them ur situation. Usually they will help. Gud luck

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You need to stop working immediately since you no longer have status in Canada. You won't be able to start working again until the restoration application has been processed and you have a valid work permit again.

FabAle

Oct 8, 2016
Thank you guys for your answer. I think those were silly mistakes for sure. Firstly, I applied for OWP extension before having the Nomination letter because I did not know when it will be used. Plus, the CIC website says that I have to apply a month before my WP expires.

I thought they will consider the nomination letter when I added to the current application the letters of support. But it seems they did not even read it. Secondly, I had to move to a different Province long ago because I could not find a job in that province. I did not want to be in a province where I could not contribute to society.

So guys how can I get a new work permit if I will not have a job anymore? They are asking for a job offer. The Provincial Nomination will be still active even if I don't have a job? What is the better way to explain this situation to the employer. They helped me with the Nomination process, and now I will have to tell them I cannot work anymore because the WP was not extended even with a Nomination letter. God this system is unfair. They do not see cases individually.