+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT: Mistake in form IMM5533e

daniam

May 2, 2019
Hi everyone, I need honest advice. My husband (sposnor) made a mistake in filling the form IMM5533e (Document List). The question was:
(to be filled by sponsor) The person i am sponsoring was declared as my spouse or partner and was already examined as non-accompanying dependent when i applied for a permanent visa and did not receive an immigrant visa. (Note: if you have never applied for a permanent visa, answer no).
My husband mistakenly answered yes. However, i have received pre arrival services. What should we do now?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi everyone, I need honest advice. My husband (sposnor) made a mistake in filling the form IMM5533e (Document List). The question was:
(to be filled by sponsor) The person i am sponsoring was declared as my spouse or partner and was already examined as non-accompanying dependent when i applied for a permanent visa and did not receive an immigrant visa. (Note: if you have never applied for a permanent visa, answer no).
My husband mistakenly answered yes. However, i have received pre arrival services. What should we do now?
Nothing. It's a simple mistake and not an issue.

daniam

May 2, 2019
Thank you for your reply. Do I need to inform CIC? Will they reject my application due to mistake such as false representation?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you for your reply. Do I need to inform CIC? Will they reject my application due to mistake such as false representation?
If they were going to return your app because of this, they would have already.

NervousGnome

Oct 20, 2019
I have a question that sort of piggy backs off this questions. We answered 'no' to this question but I am starting to feel like we should have answered yes.

The background: In 2010, my partner (unmarried at the time) and I had been in a relationship for a year and a half and thought we would try and apply for an unmarried partner's visa so we could be together in Canada. We applied through a website that helps people immigrate to Canada (world visa or something like that) and they said "yeah, no problem you qualify!" which I know now, we did not). Because it was through a website, I'm not sure exactly what stage we got to. My (now) husband remembers doing a medical (but not getting his fingerprints done). AFTER this we were informed by the people helping us that we didn't actually meet the requirements and suggested that we withdraw the application because if it went to the "next stage" we were likely to be denied. So, of course, we withdrew the application. I wrote to the CIC and our application was withdrawn and (eventually) some fees were returned to us. Because we withdrew the application I ASSUMED that meant he had never been examined as a non-accompanying dependant. Did I make a mistake? Should I inform CIC?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I have a question that sort of piggy backs off this questions. We answered 'no' to this question but I am starting to feel like we should have answered yes.

The background: In 2010, my partner (unmarried at the time) and I had been in a relationship for a year and a half and thought we would try and apply for an unmarried partner's visa so we could be together in Canada. We applied through a website that helps people immigrate to Canada (world visa or something like that) and they said "yeah, no problem you qualify!" which I know now, we did not). Because it was through a website, I'm not sure exactly what stage we got to. My (now) husband remembers doing a medical (but not getting his fingerprints done). AFTER this we were informed by the people helping us that we didn't actually meet the requirements and suggested that we withdraw the application because if it went to the "next stage" we were likely to be denied. So, of course, we withdrew the application. I wrote to the CIC and our application was withdrawn and (eventually) some fees were returned to us. Because we withdrew the application I ASSUMED that meant he had never been examined as a non-accompanying dependant. Did I make a mistake? Should I inform CIC?
Examined as non-accompanying means that at one point, you were both foreign nationals and applied for PR together with one spouse non-accompanying.

NervousGnome

Oct 20, 2019
Examined as non-accompanying means that at one point, you were both foreign nationals and applied for PR together with one spouse non-accompanying.
Thank you. For some reason you typing that out made it much more clear in my head. I think my nerves are getting to me.