+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT - Missing original COPR for test & interview

tds69us

Nov 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear All,

I need urgent advice, my test and interview are on the coming Saturday, but my original COPR will not be with me during the test and interview because I forgot it at another residence of mine that is outside of Canada. A friend was kind enough to go to my place, pick it up, and send it to me, but I doubt that i'll get it in time before the test and interview. However, I have a scanned PDF of the COPR that I can easily print in Color and present. So my questions are:

1. Am I going to be asked for the original COPR? if so, before or after the test?
2. If they do ask for the COPR, and I present them with a colored copy, is that good enough?
3. If they do no accept the colored copy, is there anything else I can provide instead?
4. If there's nothing I can provide instead, what happens next?

All feedback is welcome, but it would be most valuable from members who ran through the same issue.

Thanks Guys

josephdadreamer

Nov 24, 2008
if you don't have it explain it to during interview after you pass your test, just to let you know they will only ask you the invitation letter and PR card before taking the test, once your done with the test and passed it they you will be interviewed. You had similar situation with my wife.

sjakub

Sep 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You have 5 days, instead of mailing it, ask that friend to use a carrier and choose express/urgent document package...
It will cost more than a letter, but could potentially save you a lot of time and hassle...

tds69us

Nov 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sjakub said:
You have 5 days, instead of mailing it, ask that friend to use a carrier and choose express/urgent document package...
It will cost more than a letter, but could potentially save you a lot of time and hassle...
He is definitely going to use a courier service, but the 24-hour service the carriers always claim to have is almost never 24 hours especially from the middle east. It ends up being 2 or 3 days at the minimum no matter how much you stress the importance of the package and no matter how much they promise to have it delivered on time. Nevertheless, I will still be a sucker to those false promises and ask that it would be sent urgently, hoping my experience with the 24-hour service changes.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
tds69us said:
Dear All,

I need urgent advice, my test and interview are on the coming Saturday, but my original COPR will not be with me during the test and interview because I forgot it at another residence of mine that is outside of Canada. A friend was kind enough to go to my place, pick it up, and send it to me, but I doubt that i'll get it in time before the test and interview. However, I have a scanned PDF of the COPR that I can easily print in Color and present. So my questions are:

1. Am I going to be asked for the original COPR? if so, before or after the test?
2. If they do ask for the COPR, and I present them with a colored copy, is that good enough?
3. If they do no accept the colored copy, is there anything else I can provide instead?
4. If there's nothing I can provide instead, what happens next?

All feedback is welcome, but it would be most valuable from members who ran through the same issue.

Thanks Guys
I agree with other readers here, knowing you had short window of time you should have got it by courier services.

Since that option is not possible now, you can show them the copy and clearly explain it to the CIC Officer.

Hopefully you should get your original doc's in time.

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
I lost my COPR. And applied for an true certified COPPY.
When asked @ the interview about, I told them I lost it. I had a black and white copy , and CO said never mind.
Relax.

nkam

Star Member
Dec 20, 2015
Couurier in this case will not be helpful. Any ID sent by courrier will be subject to extensive screening in both your home country and in Canada by customs. I had mine sent by courrier and took 28 days. DHL will probably tell you that when you declare content.

tds69us

Nov 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ari5323 said:
I lost my COPR. And applied for an true certified COPPY.
When asked @ the interview about, I told them I lost it. I had a black and white copy , and CO said never mind.
Relax.
To certify the copy you had, did you have to present the original?

I'm glad she didn't make a big fuss out of it for you. First positive feedback I hear. :)

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
tds69us said:
To certify the copy you had, did you have to present the original?

I'm glad she didn't make a big fuss out of it for you. First positive feedback I hear. :)
When you apply for a replacement , the CIC calls it "applying for true certified copy"

sjakub

Sep 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nkam said:
Couurier in this case will not be helpful. Any ID sent by courrier will be subject to extensive screening in both your home country and in Canada by customs. I had mine sent by courrier and took 28 days. DHL will probably tell you that when you declare content.
What did you have sent? Because that certificate is a simple document, not really an ID...