+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT! Missed deadline for submitting documents!!!

Ariel_D

Nov 13, 2015
My friend filed an application to sponsor his spouse (outside of Canada application) around October 2015. An email was sent to his spouse's email address around January 2016 to request for medical, some updated forms and documentation within 30 days. However, his spouse couldn't access the email (her email was hacked) during that time, and found out the email at the end of February 2016. In his case, he missed the deadline to submit the documentation. He sent an email to the visa officer already. He has been waiting for almost 2 weeks, but no response at this moment. Is there anyone has similar situation before? Anyone can help or give some advice? Appreciate for the help.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Just tell him to send in the requested documents ASAP. He can send another email stating the documents have been sent. They won't just shut the file that quickly, usually they will send multiple doc requests.

VioletBlue

Aug 30, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Deadline is Not set is stone....they give everyone 30/days...it's just a Guideline. If you are unable to get documents in that time frame...just send them an E-mail to explain you will be sending the as soon as you can. As long as they Know you are working on it....and keep in contact with CIC to let them know it's all good. They aren't going to close your application because you haven't sent docs in 30 days don't worry

Ariel_D

Nov 13, 2015
Aquakitty said:
Just tell him to send in the requested documents ASAP. He can send another email stating the documents have been sent. They won't just shut the file that quickly, usually they will send multiple doc requests.
Thanks for your response. I will inform my friend to do so.

Ariel_D

Nov 13, 2015
VioletBlue said:
Deadline is Not set is stone....they give everyone 30/days...it's just a Guideline. If you are unable to get documents in that time frame...just send them an E-mail to explain you will be sending the as soon as you can. As long as they Know you are working on it....and keep in contact with CIC to let them know it's all good. They aren't going to close your application because you haven't sent docs in 30 days don't worry
Thanks. I will let my friend prepares the documents and send to them as soon as possible.