+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent....Lost photo(not the one affixed on COPR) I have received with COPR

Sai2017

Jun 12, 2017
Portland,OR
Category........
Hello,

I am planning to do 'CANADA PR LANDING' in two days and I have realized that I have lost the photo received with the COPR(not the one affixed on the COPR). When I submitted my passport for stamping, CIC requested to submit two photos. On back of one photo back they mentioned to write the date of birth and the date on which the photo is taken and nothing on the other photo. When I received my passports along with the COPR(IMM 5688E), on one COPR copy they affixed the photo and on the other copy there is no photo affixed but they sent the second photo(in loose) along with the COPR. And I lost the second photo which is not affixed to COPR. Could anyone please let me know whether the second photo is critical or not. If it is critical please let me know how to deal with it.

Thanks a lot in advance!

chanakyashah

May 3, 2017
Thats normal, don't worry about it. Just get another clicked for you to submit it along with the COPR if they request it.

narayananajithkumar

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Bangalore
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
20-02-2016
Med's Done....
14-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
19-09-2017
It is better to keep a couple of extra photos with you.....better safe than sorry.....I am sure the photostudio from where you took the pic would still have the soft copy in their system

Baahubali

May 18, 2017
Hello,

I am planning to do 'CANADA PR LANDING' in two days and I have realized that I have lost the photo received with the COPR(not the one affixed on the COPR). When I submitted my passport for stamping, CIC requested to submit two photos. On back of one photo back they mentioned to write the date of birth and the date on which the photo is taken and nothing on the other photo. When I received my passports along with the COPR(IMM 5688E), on one COPR copy they affixed the photo and on the other copy there is no photo affixed but they sent the second photo(in loose) along with the COPR. And I lost the second photo which is not affixed to COPR. Could anyone please let me know whether the second photo is critical or not. If it is critical please let me know how to deal with it.

Thanks a lot in advance!
Hi

Same thing has happened with me. I didn't lose the other photo but it's not attached to one of the CoPR. Any idea which photo do they use for PR card? Is it the one on the CIC copy?

Thanks

dora115

Star Member
Jul 7, 2017
Hi

Same thing has happened with me. I didn't lose the other photo but it's not attached to one of the CoPR. Any idea which photo do they use for PR card? Is it the one on the CIC copy?

Thanks
In some cases CIC is returning back second photo, may be they scan it for PR resident card and no longer need it. In my case my spouse got the 2nd photo back, for me and my kid it was not returned, it was not needed at the time of landing.

Baahubali

May 18, 2017
In some cases CIC is returning back second photo, may be they scan it for PR resident card and no longer need it. In my case my spouse got the 2nd photo back, for me and my kid it was not returned, it was not needed at the time of landing.
My CoPR CIC copy photo has some ink marks on it (from the backside of the other photo) and I am afraid they might ask me to submit new photos. Any idea if they use that CIC copy photo for PR card?

Sai2017

Jun 12, 2017
Portland,OR
Category........
My CoPR CIC copy photo has some ink marks on it (from the backside of the other photo) and I am afraid they might ask me to submit new photos. Any idea if they use that CIC copy photo for PR card?
No, they will not use the copy photo at the time of landing.

dora115

Star Member
Jul 7, 2017
Not sure about that, but no need to worry about it, PR card takes two months and if the photo is rejected at that time they will ask for new. No issue with landing.

Baahubali

May 18, 2017
Not sure about that, but no need to worry about it, PR card takes two months and if the photo is rejected at that time they will ask for new. No issue with landing.
I am worried because I am doing a soft landing for only 2 weeks. So if they ask for new photos can I send them from outside Canada?

Klamm

Star Member
Jul 14, 2016
Hi my spouse and I have the same situation. My other photo is returned while hers is not. would you please update us on what happened with your PR card. Was anyone's card in your family delayed because of photos? Thanks!

dora115

Star Member
Jul 7, 2017
Hi my spouse and I have the same situation. My other photo is returned while hers is not. would you please update us on what happened with your PR card. Was anyone's card in your family delayed because of photos? Thanks!
We all got PR cards no issue at all.

Reactions: Klamm