+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT - Loss of Job while waiting for PR Application (CEC) to be processed

krish@india

Jul 29, 2018
Thanks for the answers.. What happens in this scenario: I am on a closed work permit (LIMIA exempt/Intra company transfer) working for a MNC having offices in India/US/Canada and used company provided Job offer letter (that says "This letter is to confirm that an offer of continuous, fulltime employment has been extended to XYZ person for a duration of at least one year after the date on which his permanent resident visa is issued..." ) to claim 50 points in my EE profile and got ITA. But, Now My company calls me back to my home location (India) temporarily for 6 or more months which will change my canada Payroll to India. In this case, Will be there be a problem if i go to India while in the middle of my PR application ? As i will be working for the same Company XYZ family temporarily but in a different geographical location but will be moving back to Canada once after the PR is issued, I suppose no issues, But please correct/elaborate.

roxaino

Star Member
May 29, 2017
Hi all,

Firstly, I just joined the forum so apologies in advance if this isn't the correct section to ask this question but I was hoping someone could provide me with advice/insights before I try and get on the phone with CIC in the morning.

I have a pending PR application (AOR Jan 4 2019) and back in February 21 I lost my job due to mass layoffs. I was hired for that job under the LMIA program. I immediately informed CIC of this change of circumstances and was advised by immigration lawyers that because I was applying under CEC this wouldn't be a problem. I searched a bit the forum and have seen the same info from senior members, e.g.

Today I received a message from CIC stating the following:

I did apply for a BOWP and have a job offer from a different employer that I was hoping to start as soon as I get a new permit. After reading this message i'm tremendously concerned about my PR application.

Did anyone have to deal with a similar experience? I just re-checked the requirements for CEC and it doesn't mention a valid job offer so I'm a bit confused about how concerned i should be.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you kindly
Antonio

May I pls. Know what happened to your application?

myfavworld

Dec 28, 2019
This gives me a little bit of hope because I also lost 50 points because of not being able to work anymore in Canada. My BOWP was also refused because I was stupid enough to travel outside of Canada while under implied status. I applied and got an acknowledgment of receipt on 28th October 2018. At that point I still had the job and a valid job offer as well. I lost my job on 10th January 2018 due to my BOWP being refused as I left the country.

However my application has been delayed and is still stuck on eligibility review which makes me so nervous. Hoping for the best outcome!
what was the outcome? did application got refused due to loss of 50 points. I hope not so

myfavworld

Dec 28, 2019
The issue is not eligibility for CEC. It is eligibility for EE - the issue (appears to be) that you claimed 50 points for having a valid job offer, and that job offer is no longer valid.

If the VO actually wrote "15" that is a typo. You have 50 points on the line.

This means the VO has to deduct 50 points from your CRS score, which *could* make you ineligible for your draw. If your verified CRS was 539 before, your revised CRS would be 489, and you would still be eligible under your draw if the cutoff score was 449. This is the ONLY point you have to make in your response. It's a pity that the VO did not do the math, but, it is easy to respond to.

It is OK to talk about your new job offer, but it's not really relevant to the matter.

RE the BOWP, you have to be within 4 months of the expiry date of your current permit to be eligible. So if you have already submitted your BOWP application, and your current permit does not expire until September 26, it will likely be refused, because you were not eligible at the time you applied.

You could submit a case specific inquiry about the BOWP, inform them of the layoff and the new job offer - the VO *might* approve it anyway. No guarantees, but it's worth a shot to save you from having to re-apply for the BOWP.
Does the job offer points gets reduced? As per the link https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/assessing-electronic-application-on-section-a11-2.html it seems assessment need to be done whether job offer was valid when the e-apr was submitted.

roxaino

Star Member
May 29, 2017
Just to share to everyone, that i had the same situation, I lost my job because of Covid and had claimed 50points on my CEC application AOR- Sept 5 ,2020.
Im able to get a new job but since i lost the job offer from the employer where I claimed the points and employment, my application got refused on june 27,2021 because of the dropped of points after the deduction of 50points, this was after 9 months of waiting with a status eligibility recommended passed, criminality passed and security on process.
Now Im back on the waiting game again.. got my ITA on july 8, and already removed the job offer points With a CRS of 415 cut off 0f 369.
Just got my AOR on July 10,2021.

scenestrange

Apr 27, 2021
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23-04-2021
Just to share to everyone, that i had the same situation, I lost my job because of Covid and had claimed 50points on my CEC application AOR- Sept 5 ,2020.
Im able to get a new job but since i lost the job offer from the employer where I claimed the points and employment, my application got refused on june 27,2021 because of the dropped of points after the deduction of 50points, this was after 9 months of waiting with a status eligibility recommended passed, criminality passed and security on process.
Now Im back on the waiting game again.. got my ITA on july 8, and already removed the job offer points With a CRS of 415 cut off 0f 369.

Thnaks for sharing your experience.

Can you please let us know, what are the documents you did attached while claiming 50 points?

Were you able to get the job offer letter saying "job confirmation for at least 1 year after PR confirmation"?

Thanks in advance

roxaino

Star Member
May 29, 2017

Can you please let us know, what are the documents you did attached while claiming 50 points?

Were you able to get the job offer letter saying "job confirmation for at least 1 year after PR confirmation"?

Thanks in advance

I attched the lmia approval, my job offer from my employer and the employment of reference letter mentioning my designation, responsibilities, NOC and as a fulltime employee etc.. btw i only claimed 1 year of CEC experience and when I lost my job I just finished 2 years of employment.. thought they will consider as its mentioned in my record of employment ( ROE) that i lost the job because of shortage of hours because of COVID.
Anyway instead of writing for a reconsideration, I just thought to reapply again as 2021 applications are getting process faster and want to take advantage that they're still drawing the ITA for CEC every 2 weeks with a much lesser points compared when there was no Covid.

roxaino

Star Member
May 29, 2017

Thanks in advance

And for the job confirmation for atleast 1 year, yes I did had this on my letter. what I understand is regardless of this letter, if they found out you're not working for the employer anymore they will deduct the 50 points job offer claimed.
Guess they found the ROE uploaded online whioe doing the background check.

scenestrange

Apr 27, 2021
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23-04-2021
I attched the lmia approval, my job offer from my employer and the employment of reference letter mentioning my designation, responsibilities, NOC and as a fulltime employee etc.. btw i only claimed 1 year of CEC experience and when I lost my job I just finished 2 years of employment.. thought they will consider as its mentioned in my record of employment ( ROE) that i lost the job because of shortage of hours because of COVID.
Anyway instead of writing for a reconsideration, I just thought to reapply again as 2021 applications are getting process faster and want to take advantage that they're still drawing the ITA for CEC every 2 weeks with a much lesser points compared when there was no Covid.

I would really say that u did great out there by not asking for the reconsideration, instead you went ahead and re-applied.

But, how did they figured out? Did u sent out webform to inform them about layoff due to Covid?

roxaino

Star Member
May 29, 2017
I would really say that u did great out there by not asking for the reconsideration, instead you went ahead and re-applied.

But, how did they figured out? Did u sent out webform to inform them about layoff due to Covid?
Once you no longer working for an employer, they will have to issue a record of employment (ROE) where it can also be visible and be downloaded via Service Canada Account, I didnt inform them about the lost of job and didnt raise a webform about it but I guess they found it online while doing the background check

scenestrange

Apr 27, 2021
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23-04-2021
Once you no longer working for an employer, they will have to issue a record of employment (ROE) where it can also be visible and be downloaded via Service Canada Account, I didnt inform them about the lost of job and didnt raise a webform about it but I guess they found it online while doing the background check
Ohhh that's interesting ... was Your job LMIA approved or LMIA exempt?

Akiva

Aug 17, 2021
Thanks, will not informing about loss of job be a problem? Did you have to do PCC again in your new application?

roxaino

Star Member
May 29, 2017
Thanks, will not informing about loss of job be a problem? Did you have to do PCC again in your new application?
Well, in my case I should have informed them, and luckily I haven't been issued a misinterpretation on that matter when they found out, they just issued a refusal letter and mentioned that I can always reapply as long as I meet the criteria. ( so I will suggest, dont take chances, and inform via webform)

As I mentioned before, im back in the process AOR JULY 10,2021 CEC
I submitted all same documents as what I submitted from the previous refused application the only new document I submitted is the new medical, while I can also submit the old one as per the temporary public policy (medical is valid for 5 years given you meet the criteria)

With the PCC's I submitted all the old one's too.. some of them are expired( UAE, QATAR, PHILIPIINES, EGYPT) but I attached a LOE explaning that I havent entered again the country after the PCC has been issued as per CIC, pcc is valid even after expiration only if you havent entered that country after it has been issued.

I called Ircc August 13, and my criminality passed, (meaning PCC has been accepted)
Eligibility and BG on progress.

Reactions: Akiva

Akiva

Aug 17, 2021
Well, in my case I should have informed them, and luckily I haven't been issued a misinterpretation on that matter when they found out, they just issued a refusal letter and mentioned that I can always reapply as long as I meet the criteria. ( so I will suggest, dont take chances, and inform via webform)

I submitted all same documents as what I submitted from the previous refused application the only new document I submitted is the new medical, while I can also submit the old one as per the temporary public policy (medical is valid for 5 years given you meet the criteria)

With the PCC's I submitted all the old one's too.. some of them are expired( UAE, QATAR, PHILIPIINES, EGYPT) but I attached a LOE explaning that I havent entered again the country after the PCC has been issued as per CIC, pcc is valid even after expiration only if you havent entered that country after it has been issued.

I called Ircc August 13, and my criminality passed, (meaning PCC has been accepted)
Great, thanks for the reply. Appreciate it.

Reactions: roxaino

blabib10

Apr 13, 2023