+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT - Loss of Job while waiting for PR Application (CEC) to be processed

noumanniazi

Jun 30, 2022
I don't think this is entirely correct. MEC does not make you eligible for an invitation - it allows you to be accepted in the pool of candidates. CRS is what determines whether you get an invitation to apply or not. You need to maintain CRS score up until the point that you submit your application.

I spoke with my MP who has been in touch with CIC in regards to my case and I was informed that my loss of job does not affect my PR application as it happened after the date of AOR.

It does mean that my points were adjusted accordingly in my application (-50 points which puts me below the minimum CRS for my round of invitations) however that has no significant impact on the overall decision as I still meet the MEC and am able to explain my loss of job to IRCC.

Unless my MP was dishonest with me, I am inclined to believe her as well as the information clearly laid out on IRCC's website. Or maybe this is just me being hopeful. In any case I shall find out soon!! :)
Hi,

Can you please share what was the outcome of your application?

hellotmr

Oct 15, 2023
Thanks for the answers.. What happens in this scenario: I am on a closed work permit (LIMIA exempt/Intra company transfer) working for a MNC having offices in India/US/Canada and used company provided Job offer letter (that says "This letter is to confirm that an offer of continuous, fulltime employment has been extended to XYZ person for a duration of at least one year after the date on which his permanent resident visa is issued..." ) to claim 50 points in my EE profile and got ITA. But, Now My company calls me back to my home location (India) temporarily for 6 or more months which will change my canada Payroll to India. In this case, Will be there be a problem if i go to India while in the middle of my PR application ? As i will be working for the same Company XYZ family temporarily but in a different geographical location but will be moving back to Canada once after the PR is issued, I suppose no issues, But please correct/elaborate.
Hello, I'm facing the same situation as you, do you have any updates on your case? Thank you very much.

hellotmr

Oct 15, 2023
Just to share to everyone, that i had the same situation, I lost my job because of Covid and had claimed 50points on my CEC application AOR- Sept 5 ,2020.
Im able to get a new job but since i lost the job offer from the employer where I claimed the points and employment, my application got refused on june 27,2021 because of the dropped of points after the deduction of 50points, this was after 9 months of waiting with a status eligibility recommended passed, criminality passed and security on process.
Now Im back on the waiting game again.. got my ITA on july 8, and already removed the job offer points With a CRS of 415 cut off 0f 369.
Just got my AOR on July 10,2021.
Thanks for sharing, may I know if you lost your job before your first application onnSep 5th 2020?

notyourtype

May 22, 2023
Hello Guys,

I came back home to meet my parents a year ago because my father was sick, While I was here I lost my job. In this job, I had more than 1 year of experience. However, one of my friends offered me a job back home so I stayed. I am still looking for a job in Canada but found none. so Can I still apply for express entry and if I do, will I loose points for not being in Canada?

Thanks in Advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello Guys,

I came back home to meet my parents a year ago because my father was sick, While I was here I lost my job. In this job, I had more than 1 year of experience. However, one of my friends offered me a job back home so I stayed. I am still looking for a job in Canada but found none. so Can I still apply for express entry and if I do, will I loose points for not being in Canada?

Thanks in Advance.
Yes, you can still apply for PR under EE. No, you won't lose points for not being physically in Canada.

verrodio

May 27, 2024
How was the application refused only due to job loss, at such a late stage (in relation to the CEC application in 2020)

Wassim1312

Dec 5, 2023
Change in circumstance declared after an e-APR has been submitted
To assess an application under section A11.2, a processing office must consider the information in an applicant’s profile at the time of the round of invitations and the information provided when the applicant submits their e-APR. After an e-APR is submitted, an application cannot be refused due to a change in circumstance unless

• the officer determines that the change occurred before the applicant submitted their e-APR and that the change would have caused the applicant to be refused under section A11.2; therefore, the application should be refused under section A11.2 or
  • the change in circumstance means the applicant no longer meets the minimum requirements of the program to which they are applying; therefore, the application may still meet the requirements of section A11.2 but can be refused for failing to meet program requirements.