+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT-live in caregiver apply for an open work permit

honeylemontea

Jan 15, 2010
I have submit my PR application late of last November, since I have already finished my 2 years work as a live in caregiver in 3years. However, i did not submit an open work permit application with it. I has been told by an agent that I do not need to apply for an open work permit, since my work permit will be available until July this year, the processing time shows online was 5 to 6 months at that time, I still have plenty time. After I submit the application, I have checked online time to time, then I found that the processing time is changing all the time. And I recognized that I may run out of time. Could I apply for an open work permit now? If it is possible, how could I apply. Please indicate!!

leirbag

Jan 14, 2010
Can't you just apply to an extension of your current visa? I'm not sure if you could qualify to the open work permit.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

honeylemontea said:
I have submit my PR application late of last November, since I have already finished my 2 years work as a live in caregiver in 3years. However, i did not submit an open work permit application with it. I has been told by an agent that I do not need to apply for an open work permit, since my work permit will be available until July this year, the processing time shows online was 5 to 6 months at that time, I still have plenty time. After I submit the application, I have checked online time to time, then I found that the processing time is changing all the time. And I recognized that I may run out of time. Could I apply for an open work permit now? If it is possible, how could I apply. Please indicate!!
Apply on line for your open work permit.

PMM