+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

urgent - Job title on reference letter and express entry profile

Ayeshaazhar

Star Member
Apr 30, 2017
Hello All

i have submitted documents and received AOR a week ago. but there is a small mistake

the express entry profile under work history says that my job title is finance analyst whereas reference letter from HR for this job says Senior Finance systems analyst.

what should i do since i cant correct this now. Please help

Thanks

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Hello All

i have submitted documents and received AOR a week ago. but there is a small mistake

the express entry profile under work history says that my job title is finance analyst whereas reference letter from HR for this job says Senior Finance systems analyst.

what should i do since i cant correct this now. Please help

Thanks
I can't speak definitively but I don't see why this would be a problem. First, I'm pretty sure IRCC is more concerned with job duties and responsibilities than they are with job titles, so as long as the job duties and responsibilities that the reference letter outlined, match the job duties and responsibilities under the NOC Code you chose, it should be absolutely fine. Additionally, the job title in your reference letter indicates 'more responsibility' than the job title you indicated (note the word 'Senior'), not the other way around, so, if anything, all the discrepancy highlights is that you 'underestimated' your responsibility levels and value more than HR did :) Unless the word that's concerning you is 'Systems'...Either way, I really don't think it matters... but if you're very concerned and losing sleep about the matter, you can always raise a CSE to make the correction...

Reactions: Ayeshaazhar