+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT INQUIRY ON SOWP

paridesltd

Jan 29, 2021
Please I need guidance regarding this: my husband's WP validity is about to expire in 2 months time and he has commenced the process of extending it. Personally, I want to apply for an open work permit as an Outland applicant is it possible I apply now knowing that his WP will expire in 2 months time or wait till his WP is extended or is it possible he applies mine and his at the same time. Please note he is a temporary foreign worker in Canada while I intend to apply outside Canada. Please I need to decide the best option for me.

CECApril

Oct 22, 2020
Please I need guidance regarding this: my husband's WP validity is about to expire in 2 months time and he has commenced the process of extending it. Personally, I want to apply for an open work permit as an Outland applicant is it possible I apply now knowing that his WP will expire in 2 months time or wait till his WP is extended or is it possible he applies mine and his at the same time. Please note he is a temporary foreign worker in Canada while I intend to apply outside Canada. Please I need to decide the best option for me.
I hope it’s helps but I am not expert. My pgwp and my husband’s swp were expiring last year. We applied my LMIA work permit and with the submission confirmation Email, we applied his Swp and then both of our permits got approved same day.

paridesltd

Jan 29, 2021
I hope it’s helps but I am not expert. My pgwp and my husband’s swp were expiring last year. We applied my LMIA work permit and with the submission confirmation Email, we applied his Swp and then both of our permits got approved same day.
Thanks but mine is a bit different, my husband is in Canada and I'm not. Is such privilege granted to spouses applying outside Canada?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
If your spouse has skilled employment, employment letter that shows long term employment and pay stubs over the past few months, you can try. If refused, reapply when his permit is renewed with the same information. If approved, you will also need written authorization to travel.

paridesltd

Jan 29, 2021
If your spouse has skilled employment, employment letter that shows long term employment and pay stubs over the past few months, you can try. If refused, reapply when his permit is renewed with the same information. If approved, you will also need written authorization to travel.
Ok thanks