+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Inquiry for study permit proof of funds.

lolo1111

Star Member
May 22, 2018
Hello,

My visa application was refused some weeks ago due to proof of inadequate funds. (This is related to my father's bank statement). He borrowed some people money in the past, but they've paid back now. My mother transferred $5,000 to him from her own account. He also collected a bank loan of about $26,400 Canadian dollars. The whole funds I have available right now is about $56,100 Canadian dollars. I came across a site which says eye brows will be raised at the visa office if a lump sum of money is suddenly found in the account especially after a visa refusal. Please what can I do about this? Should I give an explanation in my letter of how I came about the funds? is it also a crime If my father took a loan from the bank to make it up???

AstronomyNut

Jan 24, 2018
Should I give an explanation in my letter of how I came about the funds? is it also a crime If my father took a loan from the bank to make it up??
You should give an honest explanation on the source of funds. And misrepresentation (i.e. lying) can get you banned for five years.

lolo1111

Star Member
May 22, 2018
Okay. Thank you.

Please can the study permit be refused/denied if part of the funds is borrowed from outside sources like friends and in form of bank loan??? (I am really worried about this)

lolo1111

Star Member
May 22, 2018
Oh yes, I have paid my first semester tuition(Fall semester). I paid the accommodation and meal plan fees already. I also paid other fees the university asked for. All together, my father has paid about $9500 Canadian dollars to the university.

with the evidence of payment and receipts I have...Can the study permit be refused/denied if part of my current available funds in the bank is borrowed from outside sources like friends and in form of bank loan??

AstronomyNut

Jan 24, 2018
Oh yes, I have paid my first semester tuition(Fall semester). I paid the accommodation and meal plan fees already. I also paid other fees the university asked for. All together, my father has paid about $9500 Canadian dollars to the university.

with the evidence of payment and receipts I have...Can the study permit be refused/denied if part of my current available funds in the bank is borrowed from outside sources like friends and in form of bank loan??
Can you pay for the entire year? That will make your case strong (at least the financial aspect)

lolo1111

Star Member
May 22, 2018
Yes, I can. My father can afford it. Since I'll be submitting his bank statement, if the visa officer sees the inflow and outflow of his salary scale and other expenses, this will be a good evidence right? (Not minding if he sought for extra funds from external sources)?

AstronomyNut

Jan 24, 2018
Yes, I can. My father can afford it. Since I'll be submitting his bank statement, if the visa officer sees the inflow and outflow of his salary scale and other expenses, this will be a good evidence right? (Not minding if he sought for extra funds from external sources)?
Yes. I think that will look good. I'll let other answer about the loan as I don't have any experience about it. As far I know loans are OK and not considered a bad thing, for education. But I'll let others answer.

Zoo1231

Jan 31, 2019
Hello, I’m about to apply and my question was The bank statements we need to show as proof..does the first year tuition fee + living expenses need to be in the account every month or THE SUM of the amount in those 4 months should be equal to the expenses and tuition?