+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***Urgent info required reg trasit via london to mumbai***

ceclmo777

Oct 24, 2013
I became a permanent resident on Sep 25 but haven't received my pr card yet due to issues with my photos. I resent the photos today but not sure when will I get the card. I need to board flight on Dec 26 from Toronto to Mumbai with stop over at London...Where I need to change planes... Will I need a transit visa. I am geting confused coz I am geting mixed response... Some one pls help....i have a valid visitor visa to usa....

sjs_van

Star Member
Oct 24, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ceclmo777 said:
I became a permanent resident on Sep 25 but haven't received my pr card yet due to issues with my photos. I resent the photos today but not sure when will I get the card. I need to board flight on Dec 26 from Toronto to Mumbai with stop over at London...Where I need to change planes... Will I need a transit visa. I am geting confused coz I am geting mixed response... Some one pls help....i have a valid visitor visa to usa....
If you have a valid visa either US or canada, U do not need a transit VISA.

I was in the same boat as U are now and trust me, U do NOT need a transit VISA.

Go ahead with ur travel plans without worrying.

Best of Luck!!!

ceclmo777

Oct 24, 2013
sjs_van said:
If you have a valid visa either US or canada, U do not need a transit VISA.

I was in the same boat as U are now and trust me, U do NOT need a transit VISA.

Go ahead with ur travel plans without worrying.

Best of Luck!!!
sjs_van, thanks for the confirmation. I was under the impression that my valid US entry visa will be accepted only if I fly from US to India via london and not from Canada to India via london.

Please let me know when was the last time you travelled from Canada to India via London without a valid canada visa or pr card.

cec4111

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Visa Office......
Calgary
ceclmo777 said:
sjs_van, thanks for the confirmation. I was under the impression that my valid US entry visa will be accepted only if I fly from US to India via london and not from Canada to India via london.

Please let me know when was the last time you travelled from Canada to India via London without a valid canada visa or pr card.
I am in the same boat. Planning to transit through london. I am waiting for PR Card. But I do have a valid US visa. Also, I have a Canadian Work Visa stamped on my passport which is valid till Jul 2015. But I dont have work permit as I got my PR recently. Hope a valid US visa should be fine even am flying from Canada.

skm12345

Feb 18, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cec4111 said:
I am in the same boat. Planning to transit through london. I am waiting for PR Card. But I do have a valid US visa. Also, I have a Canadian Work Visa stamped on my passport which is valid till Jul 2015. But I dont have work permit as I got my PR recently. Hope a valid US visa should be fine even am flying from Canada.
If you have a valid Canada visa(Any type) than you do not need a transit visa in London and this is 100% confirm.

unfrgvn

Star Member
Dec 3, 2012
Just a quick thought-

The OP has landed already and hence does not have any valid Canadian VISA. Since the OP has valid US visa , it should not be a problem.

ceclmo777

Oct 24, 2013
cec4111 said:
I confirmed with airlines and also with UK immigration authorities. You are good to travel via london if you a valid US visa. You dont need to have a PR card or any other canadian visa.

rajan_soni

Aug 2, 2014
Hi guys,

I am in the same boat. I am going to visit my parents in India on Nov 27,2014. I have Valid Canadian visa and US visitor visa. How did everything goes for you? Did you have any trouble at London airport. Please let me know..Thanks