+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

urgent.... I got TRV But passport validity only 8 months

kadukan

Jan 20, 2014
Dear Friends,
I received TRV stamped from CHC Delhi. But my passport only 8 more months validity. Job contract is for 2 years
Somebody saying I will get a WP only for 8 months. Please share some experience, How I will get a two year WP.

Is it possible to renew my passport before my first entry?
TRV is in my current passport so if I renew passport is it affect my first entry to canada?

Please replay soon I am planning to visit next month itself

kannu1235

Star Member
May 28, 2013
Hi kadukan

yes, you'll get work permit for 8 months only. As it depends upon your legal document which is your passport. Now what you have to do is before it expires, you have to renew it and apply for new work permit. It wont affect your status or re-entry to Canada when you go to visit home (you can go for visit only when you have all legal documents upto date). just make sure you apply ahead of time for renewal of your passport. Lets say two months.

kadukan

Jan 20, 2014
Thanks a lot kannu,
one more thing is it possible to renew my passport in India before my first entry to Canada, with out affecting the TRV?

kannu1235

Star Member
May 28, 2013
to get your renewal, it has to be within six months of expiry. If you are planning to come to Canada next month then passport office won't accept your application since its not in time frame.

Khalsgb

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kannu1235 said:
to get your renewal, it has to be within six months of expiry. If you are planning to come to Canada next month then passport office won't accept your application since its not in time frame.
kannu ur inbox is full ....as i cant reply

boyblue

Dec 13, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kannu1235 said:
your inbox is full, i cannot send my reply too :D

wait for canada embassy new delhi to send you acknowledgement of receipt (AOR) which officially starts the processing of your LC2 Kit. after AOR, canada embassy new delhi will start security background checks on your LC2, after this medical request (MR) will be sent to your LC2. after passing LC2 medical, you will receive landing interview date from cic canada and pay RFPR fees, after you landed, PPR (passport request) of your LC2 and visa stamping on their passports. and finally buy your LC2 tickets for canada ;D

kannu1235

Star Member
May 28, 2013
Hello friends,

I am sorry about my inbox. Didnt realize it. Ok here is the good news. My hubby sent his papers ( included our children) 5 days ago and yesterday means Saturday he got MR via email. ;D ;D ;D ;D