+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[Urgent] How do I upload my spouse's Schedule A with mine online?

clairexuan

Jan 29, 2018
I've already linked my paper application to my online account and now I need to upload police certificates and Schedule A for myself AND my spouse (my sponsor). However, when I go to upload documents, I can only upload one document at a time.... I can only either upload my Schedule A or my spouse's, but not both...

Help please.... I need to upload all these documents by tomorrow...

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
I've already linked my paper application to my online account and now I need to upload police certificates and Schedule A for myself AND my spouse (my sponsor). However, when I go to upload documents, I can only upload one document at a time.... I can only either upload my Schedule A or my spouse's, but not both...

Schedule A and police certs are for applicant only

clairexuan

Jan 29, 2018
Schedule A and police certs are for applicant only
The email I got from CIC says:

"You must complete the Schedule A Background/Declaration (IMM 5669) form which is found at the following link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/eIMM5669E.pdf You and all of your family members aged 18 or older (if applicable) must submit this form. This must be received at this office by: 2018/02/07"

I'm assuming my spouse (who's also my sponsor) is considered a family member 18 or older... We have no children..

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
The email I got from CIC says:

"You must complete the Schedule A Background/Declaration (IMM 5669) form which is found at the following link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/eIMM5669E.pdf You and all of your family members aged 18 or older (if applicable) must submit this form. This must be received at this office by: 2018/02/07"

I'm assuming my spouse (who's also my sponsor) is considered a family member 18 or older... We have no children..
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp

Application guide
Checklist
Forms for the sponsor to fill out
For the person being sponsored (principal applicant):

clairexuan

Jan 29, 2018
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp

Application guide
Checklist
Forms for the sponsor to fill out
For the person being sponsored (principal applicant):
Thank you.

Regarding police certificates, do I have copies for myself, my mom and dad. Does my husband (my sponsor) have to get one too?

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Thank you.

Regarding police certificates, do I have copies for myself, my mom and dad. Does my husband (my sponsor) have to get one too?
Again, police certificates are for the applicant only assuming this application is a spousal application only (common law or husband/wife sponsoring their partner)

clairexuan

Jan 29, 2018
Again, police certificates are for the applicant only assuming this application is the sponsor and their partner (applicant).
Okay thank you.

I'm just confused about the language on the website since it says you must submit a police certificate from "any family members over the age of 18 (whether they will accompany the principal applicant to Canada or not)".

Just to confirm?
I need to upload the police certifiate for myself (applicant), my mom and dad?
And my spouse (the sponsor) doesn't need one.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Okay thank you.

I'm just confused about the language on the website since it says you must submit a police certificate from "any family members over the age of 18 (whether they will accompany the principal applicant to Canada or not)".

Just to confirm?
I need to upload the police certifiate for myself (applicant), my mom and dad?
And my spouse (the sponsor) doesn't need one.
You need to read the definition I just shared with you. If this is a spousal application you do not need to submit them for your parents.

Family members
An applicant’s closest relatives, in the context of an application to CIC. It is defined as a spouse or common-law partner, dependent children, and their dependent children.

The wording is confusing.

Reactions: Nad1017

clairexuan

Jan 29, 2018
You need to read the definition I just shared with you. If this is a spousal application you do not need to submit them for your parents.

Family members
An applicant’s closest relatives, in the context of an application to CIC. It is defined as a spouse or common-law partner, dependent children, and their dependent children.

The wording is confusing.
Okay,
So then that would just be myself and my husband, and since he is the sponsor, only I (the applicant) need to provide a police certificate?

emote

Apr 3, 2018

I have the same issue for the Schedule A. The letter from CIC clearly says fill it out for family member ( which is my husband) as well. Did you just submit YOUR schedule A? Have you heard back if they need your spouse form as well or not?
I appreciate if you can help me with this?

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
I have the same issue for the Schedule A. The letter from CIC clearly says fill it out for family member ( which is my husband) as well. Did you just submit YOUR schedule A? Have you heard back if they need your spouse form as well or not?
I appreciate if you can help me with this?
Schedule A is for applicant only.

Aboutmelaine

Oct 16, 2018
I thought the schedule A and police certificate is required to be sent along with the PR application pack? But I saw from the forum that some people do need to upload the schedule A and police certificate online...I am quite confused.

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
I thought the schedule A and police certificate is required to be sent along with the PR application pack? But I saw from the forum that some people do need to upload the schedule A and police certificate online...I am quite confused.
These posts are from several months ago. Up until then, Schedule A and police certificates would be requested later so we had to upload them. Then they changed it so that it's all put in the application together. Read your checklist and guide (make sure they're up to date) and do what they tell you.

Reactions: Aboutmelaine