+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent home country pcc q for experts and pr holders

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
I am hearing conflicting opinions about when to obtain pcc from home country when someone is residing in another,should it be obtained when visiting my home country or should it be after my last visit to my home country ie through embassy only?am looking for opinions from members residing in different countries than their country of origin because some members said its ok as far as its valid by the time of submission some said it should be after your last visit,below is the link for egypt pcc

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/africa/egypt.asp

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wolverine17 said:
I am hearing conflicting opinions about when to obtain pcc from home country when someone is residing in another,should it be obtained when visiting my home country or should it be after my last visit to my home country ie through embassy only?am looking for opinions from members residing in different countries than their country of origin because some members said its ok as far as its valid by the time of submission some said it should be after your last visit,below is the link for egypt pcc

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/africa/egypt.asp
The bolded part.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
"For countries in which the applicant no longer lives, the police certificate must have been issued after the last time the client lived in that country."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

Does it get any clearer than this?

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
DelPiero07 said:
"For countries in which the applicant no longer lives, the police certificate must have been issued after the last time the client lived in that country."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

Does it get any clearer than this?
It is not clear and i have heard diff opinions,no longer lives permenantly or temporarily is the question but anyways because of all the different views in that regards will try to obtain pcc now after i left

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
DelPiero07 said:
The bolded part.
The statement says "For countries in which the applicant no longer lives, the police certificate must have been issued after the last time the client lived in that country."

If I reside in a different country, then I no longer live in my home country. What's the issue of going back home on a short visit for the purpose of getting a PCC since embassies take forever?

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
uppperkut said:
The statement says "For countries in which the applicant no longer lives, the police certificate must have been issued after the last time the client lived in that country."

If I reside in a different country, then I no longer live in my home country. What's the issue of going back home on a short visit for the purpose of getting a PCC since embassies take forever?
Bro i am in the same boat but better be safe than sorry,the mixed opinions is confusing me so will see what i can do to issue one fast and btw there is a way to issue it in a single day but thats my last resort

ibtee

Aug 26, 2018
Calgary

This is really confusing. Anyone who lives outside their home country and dealt with this situation, please give your advice. Can I go post-ITA to my home country just to get PCC (this way last exit date won't be covered since I'll exit after PCC request date) or ask my family to prepare it on my behalf post-ITA?

Ninja76

Jan 29, 2020
This is really confusing. Anyone who lives outside their home country and dealt with this situation, please give your advice. Can I go post-ITA to my home country just to get PCC (this way last exit date won't be covered since I'll exit after PCC request date) or ask my family to prepare it on my behalf post-ITA?
Hi,

I currently live in UAE. I left Sri Lanka in 2018 and visited there in September 2019 and December 2019.

My PCC from SL is mentioned until September 2018.

Will this be an issue