+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent help

Jsainbhi

Star Member
Jun 22, 2018
I am having a flight from Delhi to Winnipeg nxt month via Montreal. Please tell me at which airport study permit will be issued, Montreal or Winnipeg? Coz some people say that Montreal airport officers do not issue study permit. It is issued at Vancouver amd Toronto airport only is this true or not please help .... Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It will be issued in Montreal. Study permits are always issued at the first port of entry in Canada you reach. Make sure you have a few hours between the time you land in Montreal and the time your flight takes off for Winnipeg since you will have to pass through immigration and customs.

Reactions: Jsainbhi

Jsainbhi

Star Member
Jun 22, 2018
It will be issued in Montreal. Study permits are always issued at the first port of entry in Canada you reach. Make sure you have a few hours between the time you land in Montreal and the time your flight takes off for Winnipeg since you will have to pass through immigration and customs.
Thankyou for the information. My stay in Montreal is for 2:25 hrs is this enough time for custom and immigration clearance?

dkarthikmech

Oct 5, 2018
Hello,

Could you please let me know the LOI is required for Flagpole at landport when I have the TRV-Visitor visa in my passport?

Waiting for your response. Thank you in advance.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hello,

Could you please let me know the LOI is required for Flagpole at landport when I have the TRV-Visitor visa in my passport?

Waiting for your response. Thank you in advance.
Your question is not clear. Why are you planning to flagpole ?

dkarthikmech

Oct 5, 2018
Your question is not clear. Why are you planning to flagpole ?
I have got my TRV Visitor V1 visa to Canada and It is valid for 8 years. I am planning to apply the work permit in land border by flagpole with all the documents. My query is Letter of Introduction is required during the flagpole process to convert to Work visa or just the stamped visitor visa is fine?

Also I am an Indian national. Kindly confirm plz.

dkarthikmech

Oct 5, 2018
I have got my TRV Visitor V1 visa to Canada and It is valid for 8 years. I am planning to apply the work permit in land border by flagpole with all the documents. My query is Letter of Introduction is required during the flagpole process to convert to Work visa or just the stamped visitor visa is fine?

Also I am an Indian national. Kindly confirm plz.
Anybody please advise me. Waiting for your valuable response.

cheire

Champion Member
Jan 19, 2016
Canada
Anybody please advise me. Waiting for your valuable response.
I don’t think that’s how you get work permit, if one studies in Canada and then go to border to get work permit, they might give it to that person but might, but if you don’t have anything like that then i don’t think that happens
My friend studied here for 2 years and went to border to get work permit, they gave her work permit and told her not to this for next time, it’s not the right way aand told her to apply online next time

May be i am wrong if you do get work permit please post here because i have never heard of that and i would like to know

cheire

Champion Member
Jan 19, 2016
Canada
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=171&top=17

You can only apply for a work permit when you enter Canada if you don’t need a visitor visa. An officer will check that you meet the requirements of the permit you are applying for.

To apply, you need to bring:

You also need:

• proof that you meet the qualifications and experience for the job you will do in Canada;
  • proof that you do not need an LMIA for the job you will do, if applicable;
  • a valid medical certificate if you need it for your job or if you are from a designated country; and
  • a valid passport or other travel document.
You don’t need to provide any documents from an employer when applying for an open work permit.

If you want to work in Quebec, you may also need a Certificat d’acceptation du Québec (CAQ) from the Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Diversité et de l’Inclusion.

If you are exempt from the LMIA process, you are also exempt from the CAQ requirement.

This is on cic’s website