Category........
Visa Office......
London Visa office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/07/2013
Hi guys, i have a question regarding Question 9 c (during eligibility period did you live outside of Canada)?

i visited USA for a week do I tick it yes or its not for me?

my second question is, my eligibility period is between 2013 and 2017 and i was working in 2013 in pakistan do i mention it in employment column??

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Hi guys, i have a question regarding Question 9 c (during eligibility period did you live outside of Canada)?

i visited USA for a week do I tick it yes or its not for me?

my second question is, my eligibility period is between 2013 and 2017 and i was working in 2013 in pakistan do i mention it in employment column??
I do not mean to be rude or condescending, but there are many aspects of the citizenship application which can be more difficult to understand, more confusing, than questions like "did you live outside Canada?" or instructions like "tell us what you have been doing during your eligibility period." If you really are having some difficulty discerning that visiting the U.S. for a week is not "living" outside Canada, versus overlooking that spending most of a year working in Pakistan undoubtedly constitutes living outside Canada, it would be prudent for you to have someone help you complete the forms. Even if it is just a family member or friend.

As to your questions in particular: no, spending a week somewhere does NOT, not usually anyway, amount to living there. So no, the fact that you visited the U.S. for a week does not mean you should check "yes" in response to item 9.c

But, the fact you were working in Pakistan for a year (or so) during your eligibility period does mean you were living outside Canada during your eligibility period.

There are some conflicting views about how to answer item 9.c in your situation, but in an effort to make it as simple as possible, probably best to simply check "yes," since you were in fact living outside Canada (in Pakistan).

That means you are instructed to also complete and submit the CIT 0177 form. Problem is (I am surmising) the CIT 0177 form is NOT at all relevant for you. So mostly fill in "NA" in that form. Maybe write "NOT a Crown Servant" across it, or "Crown Servant information NOT relevant." And be sure to include the form and check off it is included on the checklist. Some suggest also hand writing "Crown Service Not Relevant" or "Not Applicable" next to item 9.c on the application form itself.

Otherwise, the instructions are to provide work history for the full FIVE years prior to the date you apply (that is, the "eligibility period"). So yes, you provide your work history in Pakistan during 2013. And address history for that period of time. And you should list that absence in the presence calculation even if it pre-dates the first time you were in Canada and "left" Canada.

farishaikh06

Star Member
Dec 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London Visa office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/07/2013
I do not mean to be rude or condescending, but there are many aspects of the citizenship application which can be more difficult to understand, more confusing, than questions like "did you live outside Canada?" or instructions like "tell us what you have been doing during your eligibility period." If you really are having some difficulty discerning that visiting the U.S. for a week is not "living" outside Canada, versus overlooking that spending most of a year working in Pakistan undoubtedly constitutes living outside Canada, it would be prudent for you to have someone help you complete the forms. Even if it is just a family member or friend.

As to your questions in particular: no, spending a week somewhere does NOT, not usually anyway, amount to living there. So no, the fact that you visited the U.S. for a week does not mean you should check "yes" in response to item 9.c

But, the fact you were working in Pakistan for a year (or so) during your eligibility period does mean you were living outside Canada during your eligibility period.

There are some conflicting views about how to answer item 9.c in your situation, but in an effort to make it as simple as possible, probably best to simply check "yes," since you were in fact living outside Canada (in Pakistan).

That means you are instructed to also complete and submit the CIT 0177 form. Problem is (I am surmising) the CIT 0177 form is NOT at all relevant for you. So mostly fill in "NA" in that form. Maybe write "NOT a Crown Servant" across it, or "Crown Servant information NOT relevant." And be sure to include the form and check off it is included on the checklist. Some suggest also hand writing "Crown Service Not Relevant" or "Not Applicable" next to item 9.c on the application form itself.

Otherwise, the instructions are to provide work history for the full FIVE years prior to the date you apply (that is, the "eligibility period"). So yes, you provide your work history in Pakistan during 2013. And address history for that period of time. And you should list that absence in the presence calculation even if it pre-dates the first time you were in Canada and "left" Canada.

Thank you!

farishaikh06

Star Member
Dec 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London Visa office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/07/2013
Dear Brother Do you mind if i ask regarding covering letter for urgent process, to whom it should be addressed? any particular pattern?

maniac2403

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2013
Doc's Request.
29-05-2014
AOR Received.
27-12-2013
IELTS Request
Provided with application
File Transfer...
04-06-2014 (ECAS In Process)
Med's Request
10-06-2014
Med's Done....
11-06-2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
20-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-06-2014 (Visa stamp) 9-07-2014 (Passport Received)
LANDED..........
10-07-2014
Dear Brother Do you mind if i ask regarding covering letter for urgent process, to whom it should be addressed? any particular pattern?
It should be address to Canada Citizenship and Immigration and state why you require urgent processing.

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Don't forget to write “Request Urgent Processing – Grant of Citizenship” in large, dark letters on the envelope.