+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Help!!!

shahhemin66

Nov 2, 2012
Hello experts,

i need your help,i red alot posts about pr obligation,bt my case is bit complicated as my pr card is going to expire in this end of the march without meeting residency obligation and i have already entered in canada with this kind of situation last year and left in just a month.

i have few perticular questions about me

1.will i get entry in canada even i have entered in canada last year with this situation before???

2.i have health card of manitoba which were issued before 3-4 years ago and i think if it is possible can i live in Ontario or any other province??? and will they issue new health card of their own province in this scenario???and i just passed the part 1 driving licence test and yet to give the 2nd(practical) ...

3.other family members pr card is going to in oct.and my son is planning to get admission in a good college or uni???will he get it???

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. PRs that show up at the border always get admitted. The issue you have is whether you will be reported by CBSA for breaching the RO. You will only know on the day as it all depends on the agent you find. If you get reported then you get issued a departure order - you have 30 days to appeal but if you were outside Canada for lifestyle reasons such as a better job its no dice.

2. PRs have mobility rights within Canada so sure you can move Provinces. Each province has its own rules about health provision including obtaining a health card and the same for driving licences. You need to go to each provinces ministry of health and ministry of transport to determine their requirements. They will want to see proof of immigration status and residence in the province. You may or may not have issues with an expired PR Card as proof of status.

3. Admission will be based on his grades or other applicable criteria which you have to ask each specific institution he is applying to. From an immigration perspective they will want prrof of his PR status so he can get financial support and/or pay domestic tuition fees. Again check with the institution as to what they accept for PR proof - you/ he may get away with COPR/ landing documents.

4. If you get into Canada without being reported then don't renew PR Card until you have 730 days in the 5 years prior to application. PR status is not a form of glorified visitor status and playing roulette with the RO is risky business. CIC has upped the ante on this including the forthcoming citizenship amendments which effectively rule out PRs messing around with the RO from being not only ineligible but at heightened risk of being bounced at the border!