+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

(Urgent) help with Post ITA work experience errors

Guneet95

May 31, 2018
Hello Everyone!

Please do take a few minutes and help me with this as my ITA expiration nears.

I have made several errors in my ITA work experience section due to misunderstanding with employers and utter carelessness in filling in details without verifying:

PRE ITA EXPERIENCE SUBMITTED

1. 2014 Nov - 2016 Nov - Cook
35 Hrs per week
NOC - 6322 Cooks

2. 2016 Dec - Current
40 Hrs per week
NOC - 6311 Food Supervisor

Actual Experience - POST ITA FOR AOR

1. 2014 NOV - 2016 AUG
25 Hrs per week
NOC - 6322 Cooks

2. 2016 AUG - 2018 FEB
45 Hrs per week
NOC 1123 - Marketing Executive

3. 2018 April - Current
36 Hrs Per Week

My points remain the same after I submit all the documents but there are just a lot of discrepancies.

How do I go about this?

Last edited:

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
Hello Everyone!

I have made several errors in my ITA work experience section due to misunderstanding with employers and utter carelessness in filling in details without verifying:

ITA Experience

35 Hrs per week
NOC - 6322 Cooks

2. 2016 Dec - Current
40 Hrs per week

Actual Experience (with all docs)

1. 2014 NOV - 2016 AUG
25 Hrs per week
NOC - 6322 Cooks

2. 2016 AUG - 2018 FEB
45 Hrs per week

3. 2018 April - Current
36 Hrs Per Week

My points remain the same after I submit all the documents but there are just a lot of discrepancies.

How do I go about this?
I am not sure about your question here. But if the confusion is about which NOC to go with, I would go with the one which adds up to the most number of years duration wise.

Also, no need to show any experience longer then 3 years. If that is something that can help you, pls see.

Sorry, if my answers are not to your question. Pls try explaining in some more detail

Last edited:

momemon

Star Member
Aug 17, 2017
Hello Everyone!

ITA Experience

35 Hrs per week
NOC - 6322 Cooks

2. 2016 Dec - Current
40 Hrs per week

Actual Experience (with all docs)

1. 2014 NOV - 2016 AUG
25 Hrs per week
NOC - 6322 Cooks

2. 2016 AUG - 2018 FEB
45 Hrs per week

3. 2018 April - Current
36 Hrs Per Week

How do I go about this?
I believe the OP is talking about discrepancies in his work dates/hours/title approved for ITA versus the actual. If you have enough overall points and you can easily afford a chance to decline this ITA and get in in the next draw, I will do that (assuming you do all the necessary changes in your EE profile in time for the next draw). If this is not an option for you AND you are absolutely sure that your points do not change given these discrepancies, I would go ahead and accept the invitation and provide a detailed explanation and comparative calculation of points with your application. Good luck!

Guneet95

May 31, 2018
Hey Rushi,

Thanks for your quick response.

Basically there's a difference in duration, work hours and actual job experience between my pre ITA and post ITA submissions.

Do go through the two sections above to understand.

While submitting the express entry profile for ITA I made several errors as you can see in the dates and hours of work and one of my actual work experiences in Noc 1123 didn't even show up - definitely cause of my carelessness as I probably didn't save it.

But because i carelessly added an extra year in one job exp in my pre ITA phase it balanced out the job exp I forgot to mention and its duration.

But both these experiences added 3+ work experience years even though only the Actual Experience section is right.

My question is do I submit an LOE and explain all the mistakes and even the one where i forgot to save a particular work experience or do I decline this invite and apply again with all proper docs.

Note: the points remain the same after I furnish the actual work exp docs

Guneet95

May 31, 2018
I believe the OP is talking about discrepancies in his work dates/hours/title approved for ITA versus the actual. If you have enough overall points and you can easily afford a chance to decline this ITA and get in in the next draw, I will do that (assuming you do all the necessary changes in your EE profile in time for the next draw). If this is not an option for you AND you are absolutely sure that your points do not change given these discrepancies, I would go ahead and accept the invitation and provide a detailed explanation and comparative calculation of points with your application. Good luck!
Hey! Thanks for your reply. I've given a more detailed explanation after. Basically I have too many errors between the pre ITA and post ITA work experience I've furnished. THE POINTS REMAIN THE SAME.

I'm wondering should I scrap it all and get back in the pool again or explain every single discrepancy in detail in LOE.

momemon

Star Member
Aug 17, 2017
Hey! Thanks for your reply. I've given a more detailed explanation after. Basically I have too many errors between the pre ITA and post ITA work experience I've furnished. THE POINTS REMAIN THE SAME.

I'm wondering should I scrap it all and get back in the pool again or explain every single discrepancy in detail in LOE.
You are welcome. I got that and I responded to your question. What is your CRS if you don't mind? If you are above the current trend (~460), I would play safe, decline this ITA, and do it all over again. You will definitely get the ITA in the next draw if you have enough points.

Guneet95

May 31, 2018
You are welcome. I got that and I responded to your question. What is your CRS if you don't mind? If you are above the current trend (~460), I would play safe, decline this ITA, and do it all over again. You will definitely get the ITA in the next draw if you have enough points.
Hey bud, it's 471. And it'll remain the same even during the next ITA during the first week of September.

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
With a score of 471, I would decline and get back to the pool. You will definitely receive an ITA at the next draw. Make sure you make the necessary corrections before the next draw though, whenever that is (CIC pretty unpredictable).

*Mandie*

Guneet95

May 31, 2018
With a score of 471, I would decline and get back to the pool. You will definitely receive an ITA at the next draw. Make sure you make the necessary corrections before the next draw though, whenever that is (CIC pretty unpredictable).

*Mandie*
Hmmm got it. I just keep freaking out about the elections in October changing the entire express entry program.

momemon

Star Member
Aug 17, 2017
Hmmm got it. I just keep freaking out about the elections in October changing the entire express entry program.
Nothing is changing this quick man. Better safe than sorry. You have a very strong chance of getting the ITA again in the next week or so. Good luck!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You will have to explain how you missed including your main job and your only professional job versus the 2 other jobs that are related and are in the same field. Do you have plenty of proof of your marketing executive job including proof of pay deposits, letters from HR, clients, etc. There will likely be concerns that you didn't actually work as a marketing executive so you may need to prove that you did.

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
Hey Rushi,

Basically there's a difference in duration, work hours and actual job experience between my pre ITA and post ITA submissions.

While submitting the express entry profile for ITA I made several errors as you can see in the dates and hours of work and one of my actual work experiences in Noc 1123 didn't even show up - definitely cause of my carelessness as I probably didn't save it.

But because i carelessly added an extra year in one job exp in my pre ITA phase it balanced out the job exp I forgot to mention and its duration.

But both these experiences added 3+ work experience years even though only the Actual Experience section is right.

My question is do I submit an LOE and explain all the mistakes and even the one where i forgot to save a particular work experience or do I decline this invite and apply again with all proper docs.

It would seem very suspicious (and not negligent) that you would not remember the dates, hours of your jobs. One of your fill time experience in before has become part time in after (35 to 25 hours). I suggest contacting a consultant or lawyer for specifics or just declining and waiting

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
Hey Rushi,

Hi buddy,

I see long delays for your application. RR on Eligibility can extend the PPR time to indefinite times..

My honest advice is to reapply and maybe consult with some professional services :)
Please do not risk rejection.

Hope this helps you and good luck

Guneet95

May 31, 2018
Hello Everyone!
I can't thank you guys enough. Based on your opinions I've decided to not go through with this ITA and await the next one.

If you could just help me out with the finer details in this -

1. Do I create a new account/GC key or creat another application in the same account after declining

2. I recall a section in the application that asks me if I've received an ITA before, would it ask me extra details on why I declined it?

3. Do I have to bring up, mention this declined ITA anywhere else? Will they scrutinise me more just cause of the declined ITA and the changes made?

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
Hello Everyone!
I can't thank you guys enough. Based on your opinions I've decided to not go through with this ITA and await the next one.

If you could just help me out with the finer details in this -

1. Do I create a new account/GC key or creat another application in the same account after declining

2. I recall a section in the application that asks me if I've received an ITA before, would it ask me extra details on why I declined it?

3. Do I have to bring up, mention this declined ITA anywhere else? Will they scrutinise me more just cause of the declined ITA and the changes made?
1. Use same gckey
2-3. Be truthful in your response and make sure to double triple check everything so that you case can progress based on its merits. Mistakes happen. For genuine cases, you don't need to worry.