+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT HELP: TRV REFUSED

Mannat0612

May 16, 2017
Hi ALL

So i had applied for a Visitor Visa via online application on 23rd April 2017. I got the message today, that my visa application has been REFUSED on the grounds that:

"Given economic conditions, employment prospects, considering your travel history, economic establishment and family ties, I am not satisfied that you would respect the terms of your admission as a temporary resident in Canada."

I already attached my US visa copy, since I am travelling to USA on 4th June 2017. I am working in the High Court of Delhi as an Advocate. Further, I had attached copies of my bank statement along with my Father's bank statement who shall be sponsoring my trip along with his undertaking.

The only issue is that when i had applied for the Canadian Visitor Visa, i had neither specified that i fall under the purview of CAN+ visa program and neither i had bought my tickets to USA.

However, after the submission of aforementioned visa application, i had bought my tickets to NY dated 4th June 2017 and my return from Vancouver dated 17th July 2017.

Now, the question is what to do? should i submit an IRCC form stating that why i must be given the visa? along with the tickets copy?
OR
Should i re-apply for the visa? If i should re-apply, then should i re-apply from here in India online or through paper? OR after I reach New York? If i apply it from New York, should i apply it online again or through the VAC?
OR
Should i just cancel my return ticket from Vancouver and get a ticket with New York return?

Mannat0612

May 16, 2017
Also please assist, that in case of submitting an IRCC webform, what reasons/documents i shall submit to substainiate my ground that CIC should not have cancelled my application.??

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi ALL

So i had applied for a Visitor Visa via online application on 23rd April 2017. I got the message today, that my visa application has been REFUSED on the grounds that:

"Given economic conditions, employment prospects, considering your travel history, economic establishment and family ties, I am not satisfied that you would respect the terms of your admission as a temporary resident in Canada."

I already attached my US visa copy, since I am travelling to USA on 4th June 2017. I am working in the High Court of Delhi as an Advocate. Further, I had attached copies of my bank statement along with my Father's bank statement who shall be sponsoring my trip along with his undertaking.

The only issue is that when i had applied for the Canadian Visitor Visa, i had neither specified that i fall under the purview of CAN+ visa program and neither i had bought my tickets to USA.

However, after the submission of aforementioned visa application, i had bought my tickets to NY dated 4th June 2017 and my return from Vancouver dated 17th July 2017.

Now, the question is what to do? should i submit an IRCC form stating that why i must be given the visa? along with the tickets copy?
OR
Should i re-apply for the visa? If i should re-apply, then should i re-apply from here in India online or through paper? OR after I reach New York? If i apply it from New York, should i apply it online again or through the VAC?
OR
Should i just cancel my return ticket from Vancouver and get a ticket with New York return?
Yeah its not easy swallowing a rejection like this.. i would know :)

anyway looking at your case i can see why they rejected you - im assuming you have no family (meaning spouse and kids) , money you are using is fathers money, and no property papers either - basically no strong connection back home. and no past foreign travel either.

i dont know what this can+ visa program is.

why do you have a return ticket from vancouver when you have a US visa ?

Mannat0612

May 16, 2017

anyway looking at your case i can see why they rejected you - im assuming you have no family (meaning spouse and kids) , money you are using is fathers money, and no property papers either - basically no strong connection back home. and no past foreign travel either.

yeah but i always had a valid US visa and now my ticket to NY too. Furthermore, i had a letter of invitation from my father's cousin living in Ontario to stay with them and that he shall be taking care of my expenses and accommodation etc. so the plan was to stay with his family from 2nd July to 10-12th July and then fly to Vancouver to meet my friends, and fly back to India on 17th from there. I am a little confused that inspite of having attached all the documents, what else is required? I am may not be married but i have my family here, also my job. i really don't know what to do now?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi ALL

OR
OR
You have no grounds for stating that you "must" be given the visa. It's not a right. It's up to CIC whether they grant you the visa or not. The plane ticket doesn't change anything.

Your options are to either reapply or change your plans and avoid travel to Canada. If you decide to reapply, you need to show stronger ties to your home country. Agreed with the recommendation above about the funding for your trip. You need to show you have enough money in your own account. Using your father's account demonstrates a lack of ties for you.

How long a trip did you request? You should ask for 2-3 weeks at most.

What other evidence did you provide to demonstrate ties?

Mannat0612

May 16, 2017

CAN+ visa program is basically an expedited visa application process if you have travelled to US/Canada in the last 10 years or if you have a valid US visa, you can apply under the CAN+ visa program. Unfortunately, i wasn't aware of this when i applied for the visa application.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
CAN+ visa program is basically an expedited visa application process if you have travelled to US/Canada in the last 10 years or if you have a valid US visa, you can apply under the CAN+ visa program. Unfortunately, i wasn't aware of this when i applied for the visa application.
CAN+ doesn't guarantee approval. You can still be refused for the same reasons.

Mannat0612

May 16, 2017
You have no grounds for stating that you "must" be given the visa. It's not a right. It's up to CIC whether they grant you the visa or not. The plane ticket doesn't change anything.

Your options are to either reapply or change your plans and avoid travel to Canada. If you decide to reapply, you need to show stronger ties to your home country. Agreed with the recommendation above about the funding for your trip. You need to show you have enough money in your own account. Using your father's account demonstrates a lack of ties for you.

How long a trip did you request? You should ask for 2-3 weeks at most.

What other evidence did you provide to demonstrate ties?
  • I agree. But if one is travelling to USA on tourist visa then requesting a visit visa to Canada (that too from 2nd July to 17th July ) then it is only an extension of the same, i.e a vacation.
  • Also i submitted a letter of Invitation from my father's cousin (who is a canadian citizen), which was notarised and countersigned by him wherein he has undertaken to bear my expenses, accommodation etc during my stay in Canada.
  • Furthermore, I had attached a copy of Bar Council Identity Card on the basis of which I am practising in the High Court of Delhi. Also, i'd like to clarify that i had submitted my bank statement ALONGWITH my father's statement because essentially he is sponsoring it.
  • Now i don't have any property in my name etc and but i do have my parents and brother here. If that is not a strong family/country connection, then i wonder what can i ever do to prove the same? :(
  • i specified my trip duration in Canada from 2nd July to 17th July, which is roughly 2 weeks, stating that i wish to spend time with my cousins and see the nationals parks around the area. it wasn't a detailed itinerary having a day to day basis activity count. should i now make a detailed day to day based itinerary and submit the same in the IRCC webform?
  • Now if i put the bank statements again of my account alone(given that most of money has gone into forex card), would that suffice?
  • Also if i reapply, having already proved the above docs, what else can i submit to substantiate my ties to my country?

Mannat0612

May 16, 2017
CAN+ doesn't guarantee approval. You can still be refused for the same reasons.
Yeah, but since it claims to be an expedited process, an early rejection might have given me the time to re-apply on paper at the New Delhi VFS office alongwith better clarity of documents to be put if i do go ahead with reapplication. Now i am not sure if its a great idea to reapply for the above from New York office? I don't know how long it take to process application in USA for Canadian TRV. Because here it took almost 40days for the online application.
i wonder if paper application at NY VAC takes longer or the online application in NY? I am so disheartened now. :(

Last edited:

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

Sorry to hear you were refused. Going through your posts unfortunately you have not demonstrated a good financial situation + no strong ties to India.

1. A vacation from June 4 to July 17 indicates weak employment ties. Also, the Bar Council Identity does not prove that you are a practicing advocate. Are you working with a law firm or independently? Do you have any court cases which are scheduled after you return?

2. Your dad is paying for your visit. This again indicates weak financial situation and/or inadequate income and financial resources.

3. You have not provided any evidence that you earn a regular income + ITRs + financial investments.

4. CAN+ does not guarantee approvals nor expedited decisions. It's up to the visa office whether or not to process an application under CAN+ even if it is specifically requested when applying.

5. If your parents and brother are financially dependent on you.... or you take care of their well-being then that would make them family ties to return to.

You can reapply online. However, you will have to submit considerable paperwork as you have a weak application

Cheers

Mannat0612

May 16, 2017
Hi Bryanna

Thanks for the revert. i really appreciate it at this point of time. so ill clarify and ask questions as follows:

1. The High Court of Delhi is going on a vacation from 1st June 2017 to 3rd July 2017, which is a month long holiday for everyone working/practising in the courts of Delhi. The courts shall resume from 4th July 2017 and to corroborate this, i am willing to put a copy of official calendar of the High Court of Delhi. I am working as a junior associate under a Senior Advocate. His office is not registered as law firm, but a litigating lawyer with junior associates. Also, i had 10 days of unclaimed leave, which I am availing now so it gives me additions 10 days making it to 15th July 2017 anyway. i booked my return from Vancouver for 17th July (Monday) because the flight tickets were cheaper. and i would be resuming my duties on 19th July 2017. Would it help if I provide a certificate of employment from my employer which is on his letter head, with his official stamp, or should i get it notarised? if it would, then what must be the content of it? Please guide me through that?

2. Being a litigating junior associate i earn anything between 15,000 INR to 30,000 INR in a month, bare minimum being 15,000 INR. Therefore, i attached my account details alongwith my father's details and his undertaking. At present also, all the money in my account in now in the Forex Card- 1.5 lacs INR and Cash in Dollars being $1500 as all my flights and hotel bookings are already done from India. I will have 30,000 INR in my account as of now, which is again not sufficient. Should i ask my parents and some clients to advance some payment into my account, so as to reflect more balance in my own account?

3. I gave my bank statement of the last 6 months. Unfortunately i have no financial investments made in my name. Since i only started working last year in August, i haven't filed out an ITR as of now.

4. I had not specified that i fall under the CAN+ category when i had applied the first time, because unfortunately I wasn't aware of it then. Its only while i started reading posts here on this forum, i realised that my case fell under CAN+. However, if i reapply then at least ill make it a point to specifically mention it.

5. No. Neither my parents nor my my brother are financially dependent on me. My father is a 60 year old pensioner who is presently re-employed with BPR&D, and my brother is giving his final year exam of his graduation course. My mother suffers from High BP but i am not sure if stating this would help my case. would it?

6. Should be filing the IRCC Web Form wherein i should provide the aforementioned documents? Or should i re-apply for it online from NY? Which has the better chances of approval with additional documents? and mainly which process will take lesser time?The web form or re-application from NY?

Last edited:

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Should you decide to reapply, your application must include:

For your employment:
Official calendar of the Delhi High Court (for the summer vacations) + your Bar Council ID + an employment letter stating your employment duration, salary, responsibilities + a leave approval letter (for the 10 days leave that you've accumulated + you will have your job when you return) + 6 months salary slips + 6 months bank statements to confirm your salary deposits

Do you have a calendar of court cases that are scheduled after your visit? I think these cases would also be listed on the High Court website. Can you prove or can the senior advocate provide a letter that states which of these court cases you are handling?

For your financials:
6 months bank statement (personal) + Forex card purchase receipt (hope it is either multi-currency or CAD/USD) + highlight the transaction from your bank account to prove that you had purchased the Forex card with your personal finances + Foreign currency purchase receipt issued by a RBI-licensed Forex dealer (again, prove that you had either withdrawn cash or issued a cheque to the Forex dealer for this)

When is your salary paid? Do submit a new bank statement which reflects your salary for the month of May (even though it is not much).

Have you paid any advance tax? Or has your employer done TDS deductions? Do you have a TDS certificate?

Do you have any financial investments such as FDs, RDs, shares? Or maybe owned with your dad? If yes, are the FDs locked-in i.e. cumulative interest on maturity?

If your parents lend you money then it is again a risky idea as it indicates weak financial situation. You can nonetheless include a Letter of Financial Support from your dad + his 6 months bank statement (highlight the transfer of funds to your account) + his ITR.

Include 2-3 months credit card statements if the due are low. Say you will bring these CCs for your visit.

Also, in the cover letter, stress on the fact that you have already paid for the round trip tickets. Hence, this reduces the amount of funds you need for your visit + you have approx. CAD 5,000 for your US and Canada visit + credit cards (if you have any, not debit cards)

For family ties:
Proofs that your parents/brother/you live at the same address + if you pay for the utility bills/their medical insurance, etc then evidence of it

Any other ties:
Are you studying for a higher qualification in Law? Or some specific training after your visit? Are you engaged to be married? Or any wedding in your immediate family? Or some similar reason to return by a specific date?

For CAN+:
Apply online. Scan the US visa + US flight tickets and request for CAN+ in the cover letter.

Apply when you're still in India. Don't wait till you get to the US.

For your visit:
Prepare a day-by-day plan of what you'll be doing (very broadly for the US + a more detailed one for Canada with expense estimates). You must prove that you can pay for the US and Canada visits with reasonable funds to spare.

You must prove you can afford the visit without depending too much on your dad's cousin.

You have to reapply from scratch, not through the IRCC Web form

Mannat0612

May 16, 2017
  • THANK YOU SO MUCH BRYANNA!!! thank you for such a detailed revert!!! The only reason i want to apply for US is because the processing time listed there is lesser than india. I can apply online from india stating a US ADDRESS? Otherwise ill apply tomorrow itself. But i am skeptical that it may take too long again.
  • Secondly there are matters listed in my employers name, which I handle. so could i get this stated in the certificate by my employer along with the copies of the case status of those matters? Wherein he specifies that such matters are handled by me? Yes i have the bill from the forex card company from whom i have made my purchases. I shall scan that too.
  • Also, my parents are covered under the medical insurance due to the company i worked with previously. I shall put copies of the same.
  • Yes i have a credit card with 60,000 INR limit, out with outstanding balance is 10,000 INR. which is a low outstanding bill. But honestly i cleared most of the bill in the last month, because i knew ill be travelling out.
  • Also, i intend to apply for a post graduation diploma course with Indian Society of International Law(ISIL), at New Delhi, which is generally notified in the month of July. So will it suffice if I provide the link of the official website for the same, giving details of the course that i am interested in pursuing?
  • Also a cousin of mine is getting married in November in India and i have a Facebook of invitation of the same from him. can i put that also?
  • While giving details of my US travel plan should i also give scanned copies of my interstate flight tickets and hotel bookings in states?
  • I recently bought a Discovery Pass for parks canada and got it shipped to my uncle's address. should i put a copy of that mail too?
  • i will be staying in Ontario for the better part of my time in Canada.
  • i was contemplating to book my ticket for Vancouver for 14th July to meet my friends. i have already booked my hotel for my stay in Surrey. Should i provide details of the same? from 14th july to 17th July?
  • Also i am not getting engaged anytime soon, but why parents are looking out for a prospect. Shall i mention that too?
  • ALSO, my primary reason to re-apply from USA is that there is a helpline no. for online applications applied there. Once i apply from India, will the helpline no. meant for US/Canada entertain me, after i reach USA, and incase i happen to have a query?

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
  • THANK YOU SO MUCH BRYANNA!!! thank you for such a detailed revert!!! The only reason i want to apply for US is because the processing time listed there is lesser than india. I can apply online from india stating a US ADDRESS? Otherwise ill apply tomorrow itself. But i am skeptical that it may take too long again.
Don't make the mistake of assuming the posted processing time for the US is how long it will take for your application to be process. We see many cases here where applications from the US take months - especially in cases where someone is just visiting the US and does not have residency there.

325i

Star Member
May 30, 2017
Don't make the mistake of assuming the posted processing time for the US is how long it will take for your application to be process. We see many cases here where applications from the US take months - especially in cases where someone is just visiting the US and does not have residency there.
Have you see many of those cases lately? I have applied from the US.