+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Help: Restore the visitor status after 90 days for minor child

velsaran

Jan 5, 2023
Hi Everyone,
My son's (6yr) visitor status in Canada expired in September 2022; we thought we all have the same expiry date, but due to my son's passport's expiration, we got his status up to Sep 2022. it has already passed more than 90 days. My wife and I have a valid work permit and study permit until November 2023. what should I do to restore his status?
Anyone who had this situation and solved it, Please help us.

Thank you very much!

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Everyone,
My son's (6yr) visitor status in Canada expired in September 2022; we thought we all have the same expiry date, but due to my son's passport's expiration, we got his status up to Sep 2022. it has already passed more than 90 days. My wife and I have a valid work permit and study permit until November 2023. what should I do to restore his status?
Anyone who had this situation and solved it, Please help us.

Thank you very much!
The only way to restore the child's status is to leave Canada with the child and then re-enter. You cannot restore the child's status from within Canada at this point since the 90 days have passed.

Reactions: YVR123

Lulo1977

Apr 12, 2023
Hello, im on a similar situation, my daugter 10 years old is without status since i try to re stored when the 90 day pass and the IRCC sent me a letter that said my daughter needs to leave canada inmidiatly. Any one knows what to do? flagpole or enter in the USA and returne to the border? we have all aproved ETA and ESTA travel authorizations but my daugther is without status for Canada. Help if anyone Knows what to do or already fix that problem in the past. Thanks.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello, im on a similar situation, my daugter 10 years old is without status since i try to re stored when the 90 day pass and the IRCC sent me a letter that said my daughter needs to leave canada inmidiatly. Any one knows what to do? flagpole or enter in the USA and returne to the border? we have all aproved ETA and ESTA travel authorizations but my daugther is without status for Canada. Help if anyone Knows what to do or already fix that problem in the past. Thanks.
What is your status in Canada?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Flagpoling is probably not what you think it is. A person never actually enters another country (the U.S., for example).
https://www.visaplace.com/blog-immigration-law/what-is-flagpoling/

Can I Flagpole? Who is Eligible to Flagpole
Flagpoling can be used by:

---

Does she need a visa to enter the U.S.?

Since your daughter is only a visitor in Canada (now, without legal status) she needs to actually leave Canada and then seek to be re-admitted by CBSA.

M&m

Jul 31, 2019
Hello, did flagpoling work for your minor? Im on the same boat and Im so worried.

Mnajar

Aug 5, 2023
Hi is your problem solved, I am in the same boat and now that we received an invitation to apply for PR and consultant says we cannot apply since our child is out of status in Canada. terribly confused

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi did you get your Child's status back, please help. I am also facing the same issue.
Did you not get refusal months ago and do something about it then (leave country) as child has been out of status since 2022? Child needs to leave and re-enter.

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi is your problem solved, I am in the same boat and now that we received an invitation to apply for PR and consultant says we cannot apply since our child is out of status in Canada. terribly confused
Your child needs to leave and re-enter Canada. See the responses to your posts from August last year. You cannot restore your child's status from within Canada.

Reactions: Naturgrl

Rakesh_1988u

Feb 4, 2024
Your child needs to leave and re-enter Canada. See the responses to your posts from August last year. You cannot restore your child's status from within Canada.
Hi Scylla,

I applied for the restoration of my child's visitor visa before the 90-day period ended after its expiry. Both parents have PGWP and SOWP. What are the chances that it will be approved? My son didn't receive the visit record at the POE, and we didn't apply for an extension before 6 months. Additionally, we received a province nomination to apply for non-express entry. Can we still apply for PR when there is a child application for restoration?

fahadzaman

Dec 12, 2021
HI everyone,

I am on the same boat with my family.

I have a valid work permit, but my famiy came here as dependent visitors. We didn't know about the 90 days thing, we thought were supposed to apply before the expiration of the counterfoil. We were late in to restore their status and it was refused.

I have Non-EE PNP Certificate to apply for PR.

Can anyone suggest what can be done?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
HI everyone,

I am on the same boat with my family.

I have a valid work permit, but my famiy came here as dependent visitors. We didn't know about the 90 days thing, we thought were supposed to apply before the expiration of the counterfoil. We were late in to restore their status and it was refused.

I have Non-EE PNP Certificate to apply for PR.

Can anyone suggest what can be done?
You have three posting going. Don’t multipost.