+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT!!! Help required

pritpals

Aug 18, 2018
Hello everyone. I need an urgent advice
Here is my case given below.
I applied for permanent residency 6 months ago from India. However my daughter was studying in Canada at that time as an international student. I filled all the details about her that time that she is currently pursuing her studies from Canada. My daughter was 18 year old when I applied for Permanent residency so I added her as a dependant in my application. Now, she has completed her studies and has to apply for Post graduation work permit. I'm worried because if she applies for PGWP, Is there any possibility that CIC don't consider to be a dependant as she would have a work visa. As per the new rules implemented by CIC in October 2017, it only says that the dependant should be less than 22 years of age and unmarried and my daughter meets both of these criteria. I'll highly appreciate it if someone can give me a proper advice about this.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello everyone. I need an urgent advice
Here is my case given below.
I applied for permanent residency 6 months ago from India. However my daughter was studying in Canada at that time as an international student. I filled all the details about her that time that she is currently pursuing her studies from Canada. My daughter was 18 year old when I applied for Permanent residency so I added her as a dependant in my application. Now, she has completed her studies and has to apply for Post graduation work permit. I'm worried because if she applies for PGWP, Is there any possibility that CIC don't consider to be a dependant as she would have a work visa. As per the new rules implemented by CIC in October 2017, it only says that the dependant should be less than 22 years of age and unmarried and my daughter meets both of these criteria. I'll highly appreciate it if someone can give me a proper advice about this.
Your issue is not urgent.

Your daughter's PGWP has zero impact on the PR app.

Reactions: bellaluna

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Would she still be considered as a dependant? Actually, she has to apply for PGWP either today or tomorrow so that's the reason I consider it to be urgent.
Again, your daughter's PGWP has zero impact on the PR app.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Would she still be considered as a dependant? Actually, she has to apply for PGWP either today or tomorrow so that's the reason I consider it to be urgent.
IRCC does not disqualify dependants because they started to work while the app was in process. Since your daughter met the dependant age criterion at the time of the application (as long as she stays single until the application is finalized), she should be fine, as canuck in uk said.

Think of it this way, IRCC certainly does not expect your daughter to stay unemployed while a decision on your PR app has not been reached, just so she could literally be dependent. That’s completely unrealistic.