+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

urgent help required

candysaga

Apr 17, 2016
hello everyone,
i m in a tricky situation and any advise would be appreciated.
my wife sponsered me jan 2015 and bc i was overstay in spain. we were introduce to each other by someone who is our family friend in march 2014 since then we started talking to each other on social media. and we decided to get married in aug2104. my wife went to india and came back with her parents in spAin to get married and we had small recieption in spain because i was overstay i didnt get any marriage certificate . so we decided to go to india and get married. we did marriage registration in india..
when my wife applied to sponsor me through a lawer she didnt mention anything about our wedding in spain. we only put our marriage docs from india and showed on the application that my wife came to visit me in spain before we went to india and got married. we use our reception pics claiming that the reception happened in india bc we didnt take any reception pics in india as everything happened on a short notice.
we just recieved our GCMS notes 15 days ago and we found out that they know our real wedding happened in spain. looks like someone has reported has and it is a integrity issue but all our legal docs and wedding is real. also there is interview recommended for us
please help and guide us

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It's hard to know what to say. You committed misrepresentation in your application by lying about a number of different and important facts. This level of misrepresentation could certainly result in a refusal of your application and a five year ban from Canada for you for lying in the application.

- You claimed that you visited each other in Spain the first time you met when you actually got married.
- You did not mention your first marriage in your application.
- You claimed your reception photos from your first marriage were actually from your second marriage.

These lies are huge red flags. Combined with the fact you married on your first visit together and your illegal status in Spain, CIC is going to be very concerned your relationship is not genuine.

So in addition to overcoming the misrepresentations in your application and trying to avoid a ban - you also have the challenge of proving your relationship is genuine.

I would not wait for the interview to happen. I would re-do the forms you lied on and be 100% truthful this time - and then resubmit these forms to the visa office now along with an explanation letter of what you lied and hope they accept it.

Honestly, I think you're in a bad situation because you lied so extensively in your application. I think there's a high possibility your application is going to be refused because CIC won't believe your application is genuine. You want to do what you can to try to avoid the 5 year ban from Canada.

candysaga

Apr 17, 2016
thank u for ur reply i am currently residing in india since we got married in india and my wife vistied me last year and then we went for honeymoon . we submitted all this proof to CIC but looks like they kept all our honemoon proof aside due to the intregity issue.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hopefully you understand the seriousness of your situation. It's quite possible CIC may make a finding of misrepresentation in your application. If they do that, you will be banned from Canada for 5 years. This means you won't be able to visit Canada and your wife won't be able to sponsor you for PR for a full five years. You need to act now to correct the misrepresentations in your application and explain why they happened in a way that CIC might actually accept.

As for relationship evidence, hopefully you submitted more than just proof of the wedding and honeymoon. CIC will be looking for more than this to confirm your relationship is genuine.

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
Did you mention your overstay in the application?
The fact that you lied repeatedly in the application puts you in a really difficult position. You could be banned for 5 years.

candysaga

Apr 17, 2016
scylla said:
Hopefully you understand the seriousness of your situation. It's quite possible CIC may make a finding of misrepresentation in your application. If they do that, you will be banned from Canada for 5 years. This means you won't be able to visit Canada and your wife won't be able to sponsor you for PR for a full five years. You need to act now to correct the misrepresentations in your application and explain why they happened in a way that CIC might actually accept.

As for relationship evidence, hopefully you submitted more than just proof of the wedding and honeymoon. CIC will be looking for more than this to confirm your relationship is genuine.
we also subbmited pre and post wedding comunication history

candysaga

Apr 17, 2016
MilesAway said:
Did you mention your overstay in the application?
The fact that you lied repeatedly in the application puts you in a really difficult position. You could be banned for 5 years.
yes we did mention about the overstay part and in the GCMS notes it is mention that my wife came to marry me at spain but we could not obtain the marriage certificate

Usher9387

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
when you go for interview be honest and answer clearly. VO always looks genuineness in the application.

All the best

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
candysaga said:
yes we did mention about the overstay part and in the GCMS notes it is mention that my wife came to marry me at spain but we could not obtain the marriage certificate
I'm confused, you said you didn't tell them about the Spain marriage.... are you sure about this? How would they know this amount of detail regarding the marriage certificate?

Are you considered legally married in Spain?

I think the worst part is that you claimed the pics were takin in India.

candysaga

Apr 17, 2016
Usher9387 said:
when you go for interview be honest and answer clearly. VO always looks genuineness in the application.

All the best
i dont know how to tell them the right situation. i m very confused at the moment. if u can advice me it would be great.

candysaga

Apr 17, 2016
Aquakitty said:
I'm confused, you said you didn't tell them about the Spain marriage.... are you sure about this? How would they know this amount of detail regarding the marriage certificate?

Are you considered legally married in Spain?

I think the worst part is that you claimed the pics were takin in India.
yes my friend we didnt inform them about the spain marriage. even i dont know how did they found out that bc i was overstay and was unable to get the certificate. no it was not a legal marriage,bc i was overstay. we only did nikah ceremony there and again we did nikah in india. is it possible if someone can report them

CanUkrz

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2016
AOR Received.
08-03-2016
File Transfer...
08-03-2016
Med's Done....
01-09-2015
Passport Req..
19-05-2016
I do wish you in the best in your application status, however with anything it's much harder to peddle backwards to honesty once you've falsified proof, and evidence. Like others have suggested, draft up a letter stating the truth, and why the information was false. Sadly, you’ve placed yourself in a bad situation. You usually get one shot at this.

Regardless of the above, you met online March 2014, and met in person on August 2014, and married. This in itself is a big issue.

I would suggest making other plans for the next 5 years. You can hire a lawyer and appeal the rejection if it’s an outland application only if I remember correctly, but expect to spend some cash, and a very unlikely success due to filing misinformation and lack of time established together.

jwnmm

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2016
Doc's Request.
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
23-03-2016
File Transfer...
04-04-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
DM: 28-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
visa exempt; CoPR: 02-05-2016
LANDED..........
07-05-2016
I wouldn't say the timeline of the marriage was much of an issue, I'm assuming OP is Muslim based on the reference to the wedding, nikah. It's more "culturally" (or should I say religiously) common for Muslims to meet and marry in the same year, especially if they were introduced by family. CIC would take that into consideration I think.

But I mean, obviously that's not the big issue here. I just wanted to add my 2 cents.

candysaga

Apr 17, 2016
CanUkrz said:
I do wish you in the best in your application status, however with anything it's much harder to peddle backwards to honesty once you've falsified proof, and evidence. Like others have suggested, draft up a letter stating the truth, and why the information was false. Sadly, you’ve placed yourself in a bad situation. You usually get one shot at this.

Regardless of the above, you met online March 2014, and met in person on August 2014, and married. This in itself is a big issue.

I would suggest making other plans for the next 5 years. You can hire a lawyer and appeal the rejection if it’s an outland application only if I remember correctly, but expect to spend some cash, and a very unlikely success due to filing misinformation and lack of time established together.
thank u my friend .my wife will go today to lawer and she will talk to the lawer

candysaga

Apr 17, 2016
jwnmm said:
I wouldn't say the timeline of the marriage was much of an issue, I'm assuming OP is Muslim based on the reference to the wedding, nikah. It's more "culturally" (or should I say religiously) common for Muslims to meet and marry in the same year, especially if they were introduced by family. CIC would take that into consideration I think.

But I mean, obviously that's not the big issue here. I just wanted to add my 2 cents.
yes thats common in our muslim community .i do hope that they consider this situation .