+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Help Required (PR)

Coolnadz

Star Member
May 27, 2014
Hello

My father is currently in Canada and his PR card will expire in August 2018 and in last 05 years he has only lived for 10 months in Canada.
I know if now he live continuously for 02 years in Canada we might be able to renew his PR card.

But due to his health problem he will be requiring to go to his home country by end of this year. My question is this that is it wise to exit Canada before PR card expire and than request for PR renewal or extension from his home country on humanitarian ground, or if he stayed longer and than go back home after PR card expire and apply for PR renewal or extension.

Thank you

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello

My father is currently in Canada and his PR card will expire in August 2018 and in last 05 years he has only lived for 10 months in Canada.
I know if now he live continuously for 02 years in Canada we might be able to renew his PR card.

But due to his health problem he will be requiring to go to his home country by end of this year. My question is this that is it wise to exit Canada before PR card expire and than request for PR renewal or extension from his home country on humanitarian ground, or if he stayed longer and than go back home after PR card expire and apply for PR renewal or extension.

Thank you
Hi

He will not be able to claim H&C grounds for going to his home country because he can seek medical treatment here. It also won't justify why he has not met the RO up to now.

Coolnadz

Star Member
May 27, 2014
Hi

He will not be able to claim H&C grounds for going to his home country because he can seek medical treatment here. It also won't justify why he has not met the RO up to now.
Hello
thanks for your prompt response. My only concern is this that, is it wise to live here illegally after PR expiration and than apply for PR renewal or extension or is it better to leave Canada before becoming illegal and than apply for PR renewal or extension

shannon388

Dec 15, 2017
Hello
thanks for your prompt response. My only concern is this that, is it wise to live here illegally after PR expiration and than apply for PR renewal or extension or is it better to leave Canada before becoming illegal and than apply for PR renewal or extension
he doesn't lose PR status when card expires

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello
There is absolutely nothing illegal about living here after his PR card expires. I don't know where you got that idea.

Coolnadz

Star Member
May 27, 2014
There is absolutely nothing illegal about living here after his PR card expires. I don't know where you got that idea.
Thank you. I think I am unable to put my question right. the issue is this that, what ever the case is my father will leave Canada before this year end, so whether its better to leave the country before PR card expire or after PR card expire. or it doesn't make any difference

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you. I think I am unable to put my question right. the issue is this that, what ever the case is my father will leave Canada before this year end, so whether its better to leave the country before PR card expire or after PR card expire. or it doesn't make any difference
It does not matter. However, he will likely lose his PR status eventually for failing to meet the RO.