+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Help Required: Parent's Visitor Visa Application through NEW IRCC New Portal

BRIJ0501

May 18, 2020
Hello Friends,

I'm a PR and pregnant at the moment, due date is Mid March. I would like to put my parent's visitor visa application through new IRCC Portal. First of all, I got confused to select the reason, * Why do you need a visa? (required)
To visit Canada as a tourist
**To visit my spouse, common-law partner, dependent child, parent, steps-parent, guardian or tutor who is a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada's Indian Act or permanent resident of Canada****
**To visit my spouse, common law partner, dependent child, parent, step-parent, guardian or tutor who is in Canada temporarily, such as an international student or temporary worker

***To visit my grandparent, grandchild, sibling, half-sibling, step-sibling or non-dependent child who is a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada's Indian Act or permanent resident of Canada***

**To visit other family who are not listed above or friends for less than 6 months**

**To visit my children or grandchildren for more than 6 months (super visa)**

Should I select the underline and bold one ?? or To Visit Canada as a Tourist

Also,,,,

I could not able to see the option of uploading invitation letter at the end of the application.

It asked me only Passport, Proof of Funds and the Marriage certificate!!!!!!!!!!

Should I need to even upload in the additional document sections or not???

Do you think we need to upload our bank statement along with the employment information ??

Can anyone please shed the light and guide me so that I can submit the application at the earliest???

Your kind support would be really appreciated.....

Thank you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lsingh2212

Star Member
Jun 8, 2022
I applied for my parents visit visa to care for my wife because she is pregnant and I selected

"To provide care for loved one who needs medical support"

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I applied for my parents visit visa to care for my wife because she is pregnant and I selected

"To provide care for loved one who needs medical support"
That isn’t the right option unless there is a medical issue above and beyond pregnancy. The right option is to visit a child.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello Friends,

I'm a PR and pregnant at the moment, due date is Mid March. I would like to put my parent's visitor visa application through new IRCC Portal. First of all, I got confused to select the reason, * Why do you need a visa? (required)
To visit Canada as a tourist
**To visit my spouse, common-law partner, dependent child, parent, steps-parent, guardian or tutor who is a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada's Indian Act or permanent resident of Canada****
**To visit my spouse, common law partner, dependent child, parent, step-parent, guardian or tutor who is in Canada temporarily, such as an international student or temporary worker

***To visit my grandparent, grandchild, sibling, half-sibling, step-sibling or non-dependent child who is a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada's Indian Act or permanent resident of Canada***

**To visit other family who are not listed above or friends for less than 6 months**

**To visit my children or grandchildren for more than 6 months (super visa)**

Should I select the underline and bold one ?? or To Visit Canada as a Tourist

Also,,,,

I could not able to see the option of uploading invitation letter at the end of the application.

It asked me only Passport, Proof of Funds and the Marriage certificate!!!!!!!!!!

Should I need to even upload in the additional document sections or not???

Do you think we need to upload our bank statement along with the employment information ??

Can anyone please shed the light and guide me so that I can submit the application at the earliest???

Your kind support would be really appreciated.....

Thank you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You are applying to visit your child. Either you can act as a representative for your parent or help them fill out their own application.

BRIJ0501

May 18, 2020
Hello Friends,

I hope you will help me and I need your help as soon as possible. My wife is pregnant and her due date is 5th March, 2023. My Parents have already a Supervisa and they are with us in Canada since November, 2022.

My wife wants to invite her parents too on the Supervisa as our family income is over 100k.

Now, How many Family Member should I include in the invitation letter ? Either 4 or 6 ( Me+Spouse+ My parents who are with us at the moment + My In Laws who will come once they get the supervisa ?

I could not find any proper guidance or details? I have read on the **********https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/letter-invitation.html ***

• the total number of people living in your household, including people you sponsored whose sponsorship is still in effect (this is mandatory for the parent and grandparent super visa).
Now, I got confused when I make invitation letter should I mentioned 4 or 6 people and what should I do ???

Your guidance would be really appreciated,

Thank you very much