+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent help request - study permit rejection

dork113

Sep 20, 2021
Hi All

My BIL just found out that his study permit was rejected. Reason provided:
  • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
  • Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of: your qualifications, previous studies, mark sheets, academic record, level of establishment, language abilities, and/or your future prospects and plans
He got into MBA program at University of Saskatchewan and actually started his program from India remotely at international tuition fees. He's two semesters away from completing the program, and the rest of the program is not offered online. He has to be on Campus by December for rest of the program to be in-person;

He's really bummed out! We want to reapply; but make sure we address the objections that the Visa officer has raised. We are looking for guidance on what is the best path forward; are there others who were in a similar situation? How did you proceed.

Any help you can offer would be extremely valuable

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Hi All

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
  • Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of: your qualifications, previous studies, mark sheets, academic record, level of establishment, language abilities, and/or your future prospects and plans
He got into MBA program at University of Saskatchewan and actually started his program from India remotely at international tuition fees. He's two semesters away from completing the program, and the rest of the program is not offered online. He has to be on Campus by December for rest of the program to be in-person;

He's really bummed out! We want to reapply; but make sure we address the objections that the Visa officer has raised. We are looking for guidance on what is the best path forward; are there others who were in a similar situation? How did you proceed.

Get GCMS notes.
What was his previous academic qualifications and GPA? If he's done great with the MBA, he should attach his transcripts with the next application, that should help some.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi All

What's his full profile? (i.e. past education, work experience, grades, IELTS results, country of residence, country of citizenship, does he have family in Canada)

Reactions: Naturgrl

dork113

Sep 20, 2021
Full profile
Work Experience; 7 years (between last degree and starting the current MBA program)
Country of Citizenship: India
His brother is a Canadian PR, and Sister is a Canadian citizen
IELTS 7.0
Accepted for Masters Program in Saskatchewan and has been studying remotely since Sep 2020 from India.

yesWeCanada

Aug 5, 2021
Hi please get your GCMS record, it only cost 5$, then see what the officer objected.
But people say GCMS takes 4 months to get. By that time his deadline to reach Canada will be crossed! What a mess. He has already started the classes. When did he apply?
I guess the issues are with VO thinking he will not leave Canada since family ties are in Canada. So he has to address that in LOE and also mention why he wants to come back to India and not stay in Canada. That means some jobs he needs to mention. But I am still not sure how he will manage the study part which will be in limbo until the visa comes. If you dont want to take chances consider using a registered consultant but only if its necessary and that person is good.

kwaame

Star Member
Jul 11, 2021
But people say GCMS takes 4 months to get. By that time his deadline to reach Canada will be crossed! What a mess. He has already started the classes. When did he apply?
I guess the issues are with VO thinking he will not leave Canada since family ties are in Canada. So he has to address that in LOE and also mention why he wants to come back to India and not stay in Canada. That means some jobs he needs to mention. But I am still not sure how he will manage the study part which will be in limbo until the visa comes. If you dont want to take chances consider using a registered consultant but only if its necessary and that person is good.
I applied for GCMS notes here (https://www.thegcmsonline.com/) , it took only 32 days .

Reactions: yesWeCanada

Greeny786

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2021
there is no time for GCM and if i am in this situation i never think for GCM at this stage because its bomb threat as he completed his 2 semesters and if he failed to join it means financial loss. what i believe he mentioned about his sister and brother in canada etc. if not that its fine and reapply again with add some documents from MBA and good SOP

itsmecan

Jun 10, 2021
Hi All

First thing to do would be contact university & check what is their refund policy. If they are flexible then please take it in writing. Last thing you want is having huge financial loss over everything else. Depending on what they say, apply again. GCMS notes are highly recommended.

For everyone else, this is a good reminder to not start your program without study permit in your hand.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Full profile
Work Experience; 7 years (between last degree and starting the current MBA program)
Country of Citizenship: India
His brother is a Canadian PR, and Sister is a Canadian citizen
IELTS 7.0
Accepted for Masters Program in Saskatchewan and has been studying remotely since Sep 2020 from India.
What are his degrees in? Does he already have a Masters? Why would he have started a program a year ago without a study permit? The university should not have let him either but they want his money.