+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent help, rejection due to PCC

Dr_Voltron

Dec 7, 2017
So i am living abroad in Europe outside my home country and got my ita.

I went to my country of nationality's consulate to issue the PCC but they said it would take 3 months so i traveled back to my country of nationality for a quick trip to issue my PCC.

I traveled from Europe to my country of nationality on the 5th of October

Issued my PCC on the 15th

Traveled back to Europe on the 20th

ITA received on the 25th

Now people told me that i may get rejected because there a 5 days gab not mentioned in my pcc (date between pcc issuance and travelling abroad).
They said my pcc should cover my WHOLE duration of stay in my home country, and i might have committed a crime in those 5 days

Is it really a must get my pcc after traveling abroad from my country of nationality ? It's not possible to get it from my consulate in time

luzan

Oct 27, 2019
New Brunswick, Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
So i am living abroad in Europe outside my home country and got my ita.

I went to my country of nationality's consulate to issue the PCC but they said it would take 3 months so i traveled back to my country of nationality for a quick trip to issue my PCC.

I traveled from Europe to my country of nationality on the 5th of October

Issued my PCC on the 15th

Traveled back to Europe on the 20th

ITA received on the 25th

Now people told me that i may get rejected because there a 5 days gab not mentioned in my pcc (date between pcc issuance and travelling abroad).
They said my pcc should cover my WHOLE duration of stay in my home country, and i might have committed a crime in those 5 days

Is it really a must get my pcc after traveling abroad from my country of nationality ? It's not possible to get it from my consulate in time
The IRCC webpage https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html says the following about "
Date the certificate was issued" for any country other than the one you currently live in: "the police certificate must be issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row". My understanding would be that since you only stayed 15 days when you went to get your PCC, you should be fine. I'm not a lawyer though...

aamool

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
02-10-2019
The IRCC webpage https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html says the following about "
Date the certificate was issued" for any country other than the one you currently live in: "the police certificate must be issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row". My understanding would be that since you only stayed 15 days when you went to get your PCC, you should be fine. I'm not a lawyer though...
I agree with @luzan here.

I think there are three common cases for PCC rejection: an incorrect type of PCC is applied for, it is issued before you stopped living in the country or the PCC states period that does not tally with your stated residence in the country. Some countries do not state time periods, and are just a declaration (true for 2 out of 3 PCCs for me), which saves some grief.

Just to give some comfort, I will share my experience. I was living in Thailand when I received my ITA and needed PCCs for both Vietnam and Singapore (previously lived in both countries).

For both Vietnam and Singapore, I had to go to the countries to get the PCCs. For Vietnam, I went once to apply and then again to collect the PCC. Date of issue of the PCC was between the two trips. For Singapore I went in person to give fingerprints and get the PCC on the spot. So the PCC was issued on the day that I visited Singapore.

I disclosed all the trips in my travel history (explicitly stated that I went to get the PCCs) and faced no questions about the PCCs (got my PR approved last July).

Good luck!