+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT - HELP regarding marriage certificate - ITA recd 25th Jan..!

utsav1706

Star Member
Oct 8, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
26-03-2017
File Transfer...
26-06-2017
Med's Done....
26-05-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Hello friends..

Got my ITA on 25th Jan.. My wife is primary applicant..
Do we need marriage certificate mandatory in any section or place to be submitted..?

Her passport does not have my name(Spouse name).. as it did not got renewed after marriage and she is using her maiden name and wud continue to do so.. but by mistake on our mariage certificate we got her marriage name on it instead of her maiden name..

She also checked NO in the EE profile where it asks if you have used a second name, she never used her marriage name anywhere but it is there on Marriage certificate.
Now we don't know what will happen for our PCC and what if we have to submit Marriage certificate some where in application?

Please help if someone has been through a similar situation or have good knowledge on what and how to go about it.

Thanks a lot and a +1 to all the replies and answers for an honest effort.!! Thanks friends..

karthik506

Apr 5, 2016
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
4011 & 4012
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-05-2017
AOR Received.
07-05-2017
utsav1706 said:
Hello friends..

Do we need marriage certificate mandatory in any section or place to be submitted..?

Her passport does not have my name(Spouse name).. as it did not got renewed after marriage and she is using her maiden name and wud continue to do so.. but by mistake on our mariage certificate we got her marriage name on it instead of her maiden name..

She also checked NO in the EE profile where it asks if you have used a second name, she never used her marriage name anywhere but it is there on Marriage certificate.
Now we don't know what will happen for our PCC and what if we have to submit Marriage certificate some where in application?

Please help if someone has been through a similar situation or have good knowledge on what and how to go about it.

Thanks a lot and a +1 to all the replies and answers for an honest effort.!! Thanks friends..
You both need to get new passports in order to obtain PCC. It is standard procedure elsewhere if you are married.

utsav1706

Star Member
Oct 8, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
26-03-2017
File Transfer...
26-06-2017
Med's Done....
26-05-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
karthik506 said:
You both need to get new passports in order to obtain PCC. It is standard procedure elsewhere if you are married.
Thanks.. as promised gave u +1..

But I don't understand what u mean by standard procedure.. and passport office wud also ask for marriage certificate and how would I explain that to them.. same problem will arise.. don't u think so?

karthik506

Apr 5, 2016
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
4011 & 4012
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-05-2017
AOR Received.
07-05-2017
utsav1706 said:
Thanks.. as promised gave u +1..

But I don't understand what u mean by standard procedure.. and passport office wud also ask for marriage certificate and how would I explain that to them.. same problem will arise.. don't u think so?
Where are you from?

If you are from india, they would ask marriage certificate to include spouse name in new passport. This is happened to my wife. She applied new passport to include my name in it this month (9th Jan). She was not asked to submit marriage certificate during the verification and she got her new passport within 3 days.

jaybe

Jun 22, 2016
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
16 June 2016
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Done....
06 June 2016
Interview........
Not needed at this time
Passport Req..
14th Dec
VISA ISSUED...
04 jan 2017
LANDED..........
10 jan 2017
utsav1706 said:
Hello friends..

Hi Utsav,

I was also worried about that..but my case was just opposite.
My wife got passport with my last name and marriage certificate she had with her maiden name.
And we selected also- No on that question(if you have used a second name)

I was little worried for this mistake but got PR.

Passport is the main document so you should correct in passport and submit it.

Wish you good luck!!

utsav1706

Star Member
Oct 8, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
26-03-2017
File Transfer...
26-06-2017
Med's Done....
26-05-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
jaybe said:
Hi Utsav,

My wife got passport with my last name and marriage certificate she had with her maiden name.

Wish you good luck!!
Hi Jaybe..

That gr8.. so was your wife primary applicant?

Did u submit ur marriage certificate anywhere in PR application or to CIC anywhere anytime?

Also in case if I want to do YES to the second name question.. is that possible..??

Gave u +1.. Cheers..!! Thanks for helping me buddy.. :)

utsav1706

Star Member
Oct 8, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
26-03-2017
File Transfer...
26-06-2017
Med's Done....
26-05-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
karthik506 said:
Where are you from?

If you are from india, they would ask marriage certificate to include spouse name in new passport. This is happened to my wife. She applied new passport to include my name in it this month (9th Jan). She was not asked to submit marriage certificate during the verification and she got her new passport within 3 days.
Hi karthik..

Okay gr8.. so she did not submit any marriage certificate to get her new name updated on passport?

I am from Gurgaon, India.. but both of our passports have different state addresses and we r staying at a rented flat..

Did u apply under tat kal scheme and from which city??

Thanks for helping..

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
utsav1706 said:
Hello friends..

Marriage certificate is a mandatory requirement if the primary applicant has mentioned that he/she is married. I guess you should get an affidavit that you are married with your names as per your passports. Submit the same for PCC and upload the same in the marriage certificate placeholder.

utsav1706

Star Member
Oct 8, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
26-03-2017
File Transfer...
26-06-2017
Med's Done....
26-05-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
vishalg said:
Marriage certificate is a mandatory requirement if the primary applicant has mentioned that he/she is married. I guess you should get an affidavit that you are married with your names as per your passports. Submit the same for PCC and upload the same in the marriage certificate placeholder.
Thanks buddy.. u got ur 1st +1.. :)

Affidavit saying my wife's maiden name and marriage name and that they both are the same person.. right?

Also.. she mentioned NO for any second name in EE application.. so how can we update that or we cannot update it..?

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
utsav1706 said:
Thanks buddy.. u got ur 1st +1.. :)

Affidavit saying my wife's maiden name and marriage name and that they both are the same person.. right?

Also.. she mentioned NO for any second name in EE application.. so how can we update that or we cannot update it..?
No, I meant an affidavit stating that you guys got married on so and so date and your names ( as per passport) and your parents' names and the place you got married and and your permanent residences.
These affidavits are being issued to people, I know a few people who never registered their marriage for 10 years and then to get spouse's passport, they submitted such affidavits to passport office. So don't show your existing marriage certificate anywhere but this affidavit to both PSK and CIC

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
vishalg said:
No, I meant an affidavit stating that you guys got married on so and so date and your names ( as per passport) and your parents' names and the place you got married and and your permanent residences.
These affidavits are being issued to people, I know a few people who never registered their marriage for 10 years and then to get spouse's passport, they submitted such affidavits to passport office. So don't show your existing marriage certificate anywhere but this affidavit to both PSK and CIC
It is easy to get a marriage certificate in India. Just get it one which will be always useful.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
utsav1706 said:
Hello friends..

Marriage certificate is a mandatory document to be submitted as part of eAPR. There are two ways to sort this issue.

Option 1 - Get marriage certificate rectified (mention your wife's maiden name). While applying for PCC, you can use the updated marriage certificate. Sometimes, while applying for PCC, PSK may ask you to get spouse name added in respective passports, however your wife can still retain her maiden name. Also, in eAPR forms, she will not have to answer Yes for the question about being known by another name.

Optiin 2 - Use the current marriage certificate and your wife will have to change name after marriage (which means she will no longer user her maiden name). So, you can get the passport reissued for your wife. The reissued passport would have her name after marraige, spouse name and your address. In eAPR forms she will have to answer Yes to the question for being known by another name and she can submit an Affidavit for Name Change after Marriage.

utsav1706

Star Member
Oct 8, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
26-03-2017
File Transfer...
26-06-2017
Med's Done....
26-05-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Stanlee said:
Marriage certificate is a mandatory document to be submitted as part of eAPR. There are two ways to sort this issue.

Option 1 - Get marriage certificate rectified (mention your wife's maiden name). While applying for PCC, you can use the updated marriage certificate. Sometimes, while applying for PCC, PSK may ask you to get spouse name added in respective passports, however your wife can still retain her maiden name. Also, in eAPR forms, she will not have to answer Yes for the question about being known by another name.

Optiin 2 - Use the current marriage certificate and your wife will have to change name after marriage (which means she will no longer user her maiden name). So, you can get the passport reissued for your wife. The reissued passport would have her name after marraige, spouse name and your address. In eAPR forms she will have to answer Yes to the question for being known by another name and she can submit an Affidavit for Name Change after Marriage.
Thanks Stanlee.. I want my wife to continue using her maiden name just because all her docs and employment history has that name and if she takes my surname then she will have to submit that marriage certificate and affidavit everywhere all the time..

So I like your option 1.. but for that I will need to travel to my home town and get things done which is painful.. can we get an affidavit saying both her names and that it is the same person.. and she continue using her maiden name..?

Also I was thinking of getting PCC appointment and let them tell me what can I do if they don't grant me pcc and ask to change passport.. if they r satisfied by wat documents they need then I should be good I think.. as for CIC.. I can submit my present certificate and that affidavit and explain in LOE..

Please advise on all the points.. thanks a ton for ur valuable time..

One last thing.. if passport changes.. then updating new passport number after ITA.. is that fine..??

Thank u.. +2 for u.. :)

jaybe

Jun 22, 2016
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
16 June 2016
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Done....
06 June 2016
Interview........
Not needed at this time
Passport Req..
14th Dec
VISA ISSUED...
04 jan 2017
LANDED..........
10 jan 2017
jaybe said:
Hi Utsav,

Wish you good luck!!
I was primary applicant.
Yes, we submitted marriage certificate while submitting PR application and its mandatory.
Correct the passport submit other docs same as passport detail. And if your marriage certificate shows other names then say yes.
you need to be honest while PR application and try to correct the passport before submitting it. If you want to clarify anything you can always write a letter of explanation and attached it together with file when you submit.

Wish you good luck!

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
My wife has kept her name after marriage and doesn't intend changing it. However, we got our passports reissued after marriage and added spouses name.